August ShredHeads! - 30 Day Shred 8/1 - 8/30

Options
Woo Hoo here we go! I'm going measure and weigh myself right before I start day 1. I think everyone should measure if you can, so we know exactly how much progress we've made and how GREAT we're doing!

I'll see you all tomorrow! :D

Replies

• clwatlington
    clwatlington Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. I'm in.
  • pinkandloopy
    Options
    measured abd ready to go :smile:
  • DianneMoreno
    Options
    starting tomorrow, but measuring monday. i weigh on wednesdays- so i'll weigh in then....im excited! bought my DVD and hand weights today :) letttsss doooo thiiisss!
  • DianneMoreno
    Options
    starting tomorrow, but measuring monday. i weigh on wednesdays- so i'll weigh in then....im excited! bought my DVD and hand weights today :) letttsss doooo thiiisss!
  • megatron123
    Options
    I'm in, too! Just picked up the DVD today.
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Any suggestions on how to log 30 day shred? Just done my first workout but don't know how to log it.....
  • pinkandloopy
    Options
    hey my fellow english girlie! I asked the same question and was advised to log it as basic circuit training. I was a little disappointed it only seemed to burn 193 ( I think?) cals but we'll see.
    This will be a really good week to see if this works. I'm on diet chef and due to a major screw up, my food wasn't delivered yesterday so having to go it alone and organise all my food and count cals. Oh, that sounds seriously pathetic and lazy!! I'm honestly not, I'm even a good cook but I work very long hours, without proper breaks so its not easy. Anyway, I'll be interested to see if the daily shred, minus my DC meals will shift those pounds. :smile:
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Ok so I just weighed in and took my measurements on July 31st. Weighed again this morning and no change from yesterday. I took some Pre-Shred pics to visualize progress.
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    I'm in, too. But I need to know the proper way to take measurments of myself. I've only just weighed in.

Here we go!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Hey Pinkandloopy,I am interested to see if this works too! I haven't tried Diet Chef before but it's good that it fits in with your hectic lifestyle. I've gone back to calorie counting to see if this works. Did the 1st day of 30DS this morning but hurt my right elbow just after on a stupid door frame! My mum thinks I should go and get it checked out but i'll wait until tomorrow and see if it feels any better. Only trouble is, I am worried I might not be able to do the shred tomorrow so it's not the best start!
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Day 1 down. I would say that I knocked it outta the park, but I think Jillian kept kicking me back in to the dug out. LOL SO SORE
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Just finished D1 also. It was a bit tough, definitely needed a few very quick breathers. Shocked that it only bured 153 calories according to my HRM. Now its off to the gym for some more cardio and weight lifting too.
    Anyone have good websites on accurate body measurements, I have never done measurements but totally should.

Is everyone trying to do this every day for 30 days?
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    Just finished D1 also. It was a bit tough, definitely needed a few very quick breathers. Shocked that it only bured 153 calories according to my HRM. Now its off to the gym for some more cardio and weight lifting too.
    Anyone have good websites on accurate body measurements, I have never done measurements but totally should.

Is everyone trying to do this every day for 30 days?

I logged it on MFP as "Circuit trainging general" and it said I burned 255? I don't know what to log it as, but I want to do this right.

I'm going to try to do it every day for 30 days, but I get bored doing the same thing every day. I REALLY want to stick with it this time, though!
  • Rmeikel
    Rmeikel Posts: 35
    Options
    I log the Shred as Circuit training (22 minutes) = 2 minutes warm up, 18 circuits, 2 minutes cool down.
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I logged it on MFP as "Circuit trainging general" and it said I burned 255? I don't know what to log it as, but I want to do this right.

I'm going to try to do it every day for 30 days, but I get bored doing the same thing every day. I REALLY want to stick with it this time, though!

I personally would not trust MFP exercise calories at all, it said I burned 850 calories kayaking for 2 hours when it was actually 400. I am 195lbs, female, 26 yars old, 5'3 and burned 153 in that 30 minutes. I will post again tomorrow's calorie burn.
  • zolamercedes
    zolamercedes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did Day 1 this morning and almost passed out there at the end. I tried to take it easy when I felt winded, but I want the fat gone and pain is just fat leaving the body. At least I think that's what Jil was saying, I was trying not to toss the cookies at that point. I definately was sweeting like a dog and I feel great about it. I watch the BL and they are sweeting and ready to hurl and pass out, butI can never work out that hard on my own, well 30 Day Shred totally did it for me. Thank goodness it's only 26 minutes!!!

I wore my HR monitor and it says I burned 326. The MFP calculator has never been that accurate for me, so I got a HR monitor a while ago and love it.

Hope I can stick with this for the whole 30 days. BUT I am feeling great!!!
  • pinkandloopy
    Options
    the only thing I had trouble with was the hip rolls in the warm up! completely uncordinated :blushing: one leg still hurts so think I may have done something wrong.oops. Hoping to do it when I get home from work if I'm not too shattered and if I don't, I'm going to get up at 5.30 instead of 6 and do it before work. :wink:
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Just did day 1....wow.....it kicked my butt! My face was so red at the end.....it was tough :tongue: I did have to stop a few times for a few seconds...I am soooo out of shape :ohwell: Worried about how sore I will be tomorrow! Is everyone going to actually do this EVERY day or take a day off here and there?
  • zolamercedes
    zolamercedes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to everyday :sad: But we'll see... I am sure I'll end up taking off a day here and there, but if that has to happen, I will still do 30 total workouts. Here's to kicking some BUTT!!!! :drinker:
  • doccaroo
    doccaroo Posts: 18
    Options
    Just did day 1, HOLY CRAP!! I am so wooped. i too had to take a few breathers and went from liking Jillian to now hating her. lol. i totally feel for the folks on BL now. I am so glad I found this website though. I would have never started this without all of you and am determined to complete it. I can't push myself like this on my own. I will also be going to the gym in the mornings before work so hopefully I will start seeing the "shredding".