You know you're fat when...

Options

Replies

• ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    use a motoroized cart due to knee injury not just because I am fat

I had this...but I always made sure my boot was visible so people knew I wasn't just unable to walk.
  • lapinco
    lapinco Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When your granddaughter walks in on you while your sitting on the toilet and says "Wow grandma, you need to buy a bigger toilet" Lol. When your husband grunts after getting off of him after sex. Or when you wave goodbye and your underarm keeps waving after you've stopped. When you won't tell your family or friends what you weigh.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    When your daughter tells you that she doesn't want to be like you when she grows up because you are fat. :frown:
  • Galloping4God
    Galloping4God Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    chafing of inner thighs.

Yes. Hate. Hate. Hate. SOOOO thankful it's gone after 30lbs!! :happy:
  • SugarQueen_x
    SugarQueen_x Posts: 117
    Options
    When you're afraid to look down at anything because your double-chin will show.
  • blaqjaq
    blaqjaq Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When you have to exhale to tie your shoes
  • lscrivy
    lscrivy Posts: 7
    Options
    Your child comes home from school and calls you plump because saying fat is mean and would hurt mommy's feelings.

Or your child drags you out of the middle school dance when you come to pick them up because they are embarrassed that you are their (fat) parent ...
  • maxxikidd
    maxxikidd Posts: 1
    Options
    every time you get in an elevator you can be sure it's going down....

when you sit around the house, you "sit around" the house...:laugh:
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    1. All your pants have "shrunk".

2. Your Mom wants to take you clothes shopping in the plus size section.

3. Your legs and feet ache after walking for a while.

4. You can no longer cross your legs comfortably.

5. Your heart feels like it's going to explode after a walking up a flight of stairs.

6. You can no longer get a good night's rest.

7. Shopping for a new outfit throws you into a state of depression.

8. You cringe at the idea of a night on the town.

9. You are blaming allergies for shortness of breath.

10. High heels are a thing of the past.

I'm usually making excuses for these things. It's time to face facts. I'm fat. Instead of getting sad about this, I'm gonna turn it around. Hey the reality is that if I lose 10 lbs, half this list disappears! That's motivation enough for me.

You have done the right thing by signing up on here as the support network is amazing!

I wish you all the best

:)
  • Natvee
    Natvee Posts: 65
    Options
    1. All your pants have "shrunk".

2. Your Mom wants to take you clothes shopping in the plus size section.

3. Your legs and feet ache after walking for a while.

4. You can no longer cross your legs comfortably.

5. Your heart feels like it's going to explode after a walking up a flight of stairs.

6. You can no longer get a good night's rest.

7. Shopping for a new outfit throws you into a state of depression.

8. You cringe at the idea of a night on the town.

9. You are blaming allergies for shortness of breath.

10. High heels are a thing of the past.

I'm usually making excuses for these things. It's time to face facts. I'm fat. Instead of getting sad about this, I'm gonna turn it around. Hey the reality is that if I lose 10 lbs, half this list disappears! That's motivation enough for me.

You have done the right thing by signing up on here as the support network is amazing!

I wish you all the best

:)

Thank you! How sweet!
  • bgpeck2
    bgpeck2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When you make a joke about your own weight to keep others from doing it for you... :(
  • echippendale
    Options
    when you knock your 2year old son off the setee with your huge *kitten* and he ends up with a cut ear and bruised face, one of the many reasons that made me loose weight x
  • FionaMorris212
    Options
    Never mind not having worn a bikini, the thought of going to the beach is stuff nightmares are made from
  • bgpeck2
    bgpeck2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You buy your shoes a size bigger than you wear and tie them loose so you don't have to bend over to tie them...you just slip them on...
  • raeganjayne15
    Options
    This hit too close to home for me.

I was reading it and thinking TICK, TICK yes thats me.
  • groke101
    groke101 Posts: 59
    Options
    You post a picture of your dog instead of yourself (look left)
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    cajosor, I don't run. Running hurts. Not my legs, not my feet, not my lungs. It hurts my chest. I've tried a bunch of different sports bras, I've tried layering them, I've tried a sports bra over my real bra. Nothing works. So I'll chase the kids in the yard or run from my neighbors very nasty little dog but running for fitness isn't happening. I've seen people get a lot of enjoyment out of running and also a lot of health benefits from it too so this is kind of a disappointment for me.

I always thought I couldn't run because of my chest (DDs) but I started watching The Biggest Loser and if those girls can do it, so can I. I bought a really good supportive underwire sports bra (Champion) and just started doing it. 30 sec at a time, a min at a time... I'm up to 6 min straight, 2 min walking and 6 min running, etc. I can do a 5k in 37ish min this way...

I wish I was a DD!! I was a DD by the time I graduated high school in 1994. I am a 36 HH and believe me those 3 or 4 letters in between there make a big difference. Champion doesn't make a sports bra to fit me. I have a few good ones I bought from a company called Bravissimo that makes or sells bras and bra sized swimwear for girls with big boobs. My boobs are not from being fat, I've always had big boobs and I won't lose them when I lose the weight. I never do.
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    When you have a wardwobe of about 5 articles that you just rotate every week because you hate shopping now.

I buy all my clothes on eBay because I don't want to go shopping. ><
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I wish I was a DD!! I was a DD by the time I graduated high school in 1994. I am a 36 HH and believe me those 3 or 4 letters in between there make a big difference. Champion doesn't make a sports bra to fit me. I have a few good ones I bought from a company called Bravissimo that makes or sells bras and bra sized swimwear for girls with big boobs. My boobs are not from being fat, I've always had big boobs and I won't lose them when I lose the weight. I never do.

I don't expect a ton of sympathy here, but try being a 40B. And I don't even fill it out. T_T
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    For me:

10. My wedding rings are embedded in my flesh.

9. Granny panties.

8. Said granny panties are getting to pinching.

7. Car seatbelt is too short.

6. Trying to measure my hips and the tape measure runs out of tape.

5. Tape measure is sixty inches!

4. A roll of fat on the back of my neck.

3. A roll of fat on my skull, in the back!

2. People at McDonalds know me by name.

1. Not being able to play with my children.