You know you're fat when...

Options

Replies

• Mazzyx
    Mazzyx Posts: 131
    Options
    When your Nan says that we can go dress shopping in the 'bigger ladies' shop...
    Also she asks,'so how much weight have you put on?' and 'Youre not fat...just chunky...' :noway: :sad: :indifferent:
    Oh and she also points out your double chin AND 'plays' with it!!!
    Leggings are definitely your best friend.
    When you lift up your tummy to dry under it!
    Cellulite on your arms
    You become the fat one in the group

:sad: :sad:
    Now I am depressed!!!!
    x

As for the jeans wearing out in the inner thigh...mine do that a lot and did it when I had lost a ton of weight previously (and by a ton I mean I was a uk size 10)
    x
  • gbweber
    gbweber Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ugh YES! OUCH!!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    40186763_2587.jpg this to 40186763_5903.jpg

Daaamn... You look amazing. Well done~:love:

ok i'm happy for your progress!!!! but why do I need to see man-bush?
    Now that you mention it... I kind of can't look away...
  • theedge56
    theedge56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When all of your pictures are of your face and taken from a higher angle

I have often wondered if women know that men know what that means. You see it all over Facebook and Match when I was on there.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    People keep asking when you're due...

Ugh...this has happened to me more than once :-(

I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would ever ask that question. People are morons.
  • Natvee
    Natvee Posts: 65
    Options
    The important thing is to look at all of these comments as motivation and not depressing ;)

Absolutely! While it's funny reading some of these, it is a reality (or was) for many of us. We are all here for the same reason. To eliminate this list from our lives, so don't let it make you feel bad. Let it drive you!
  • houlee
    houlee Posts: 60
    Options
    This thread is awesome. I know that I experience a lot of this (like tying your shoes but the bow is on the side!), and I am going to be so happy when I get to cross off some of the points from these lists as I lose weight.
  • gino715
    gino715 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    @laurenz1017..I agree..morons
  • geoffreyhancockstr
    geoffreyhancockstr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When you take your seat on the plane and get a real dirty look from your neighbour sitting next to you, even though you try hard to take up less space than the skinny people who insist on coming into your space.
  • bluefish49
    bluefish49 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I gotta chime in on this one. At my heaviest ever - about 10 years ago, I was 455. When I started this current effort two and a half years ago I was 415. Currently I am 261.

I got all the previous mentions beat (except the pregnancy) - BUT NOT ANYMORE AND NEVER AGAIN!

1. When you are too fat to fit in the Santa Suit.

2. When you visit your Mother-in-Law and she makes you bring your own chair because she is afraid you might break her chairs.

3. When my wife (also large, and now my ex) and I sat down on someone's sofa (not my M-I-L) and actually broke it.

4. When they refuse to do a CAT Scan on you because you exceed the weight limit of the machine.

5. When the hospital wants you to go down to the shipping dock to get weighed on the freight scale.

6. When you sit in the back row at church so no kid can sit behind you and whine for an hour that they can't see.

7. When you can't reach your bum and have to find alternative methods of keeping yourself clean.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Break the toilet in the ladies washroom at work.

True story..
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    you can't do a yoga pose.. not because your too "tight" but because the rolls of fat literally block you from bending any more.
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    you hide behind people in pictures that you didn't want to be in in the first place feel free to add me
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I got another one you don't smile in photographs or actually make it to where you don't even take photographs.

Or your Facebook picture is at least 6 months old and it's a face shot.

Omg yes!
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Just an observation:
    Some of these are just physical realities and we're working on them. I've experienced some of them and many of them are just NSVs waiting to happen! (I just realized I don't do the pillow thing anymore, and it made me feel great!)

Some of these you can change today by letting go of your own insecurities (me too, no judgement). Decide to step out and take a risk, be in the photo, go to the gym and know that you "belong", go out with your friends, smile etc.

A HUGE step in my journey has been finding confidence, I've seen many people lose weight and actually become less happy! Lots of people think they'll be happy or people will like them more or they'll be more successful or whatever once they're thin, but you're still you, and that can be a let down for some people. If you can be confident NOW, chub and all, the svelte figure will just be an added bonus; but please don't wait to be thin to live your life to the fullest!

Agreed. I've been taking more photos than ever. Tomorrow isn't promised, and that is a reality. Question, what is a NSV?
    I agree as well. Changing distorted thoughts is a big component regardless of one's weight/physical appearance. I was one of those people who gained a lot of weight after becoming extremely fit.

NSV=Non Scale Victory, so like a new pant size, new record for running distance or time, the next belt hole was one for me!, a compliment from a stranger, a picture of yourself that you like on the first try etc. I was just saying that every time you notice that one of these items no longer applies to you, you'll be able to count it as a victory. This can be very encouraging, especially when progress on the scale seems slow. I know more than one NSV has kept me motivated.
  • Deeeneil
    Deeeneil Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    when you rip the straps of your dress while wearing it :mad: :sad:
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Feeling the pressure to order something healthy from a menu when out with people you don't know well in case they have you down as the token fat girl, even if you really despise wasting £10 on a meal you'd not choose. *

*not anymore, I pick healthier options out of choice!
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    you've lost 15 lbs and no one can tell the difference :sad:

YES! I HATE THIS!
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    me too and I am in my fifties...UGH.......
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    use a motoroized cart due to knee injury not just because I am fat