Options

Replies

• RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Time to pour out!
    Thanks for the support, ladies!
    Bec

:flowerforyou: Welcome Bec (Angusowner). You have come to the right place. I have personally found so much support on this forum.

:flowerforyou: You CAN do it!! good for you for starting and recognizing what you need to do to become healthy!!

:heart: :heart: Rebel:heart::heart:
  • PamelaHoneyHuggy
    PamelaHoneyHuggy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello to all you! I have been on this site for almost 2 months. Thanks to so many of you guys. I have got out of my chair and exercised for the first time in a long time. I have lost 16lbs so far. I feel so much better. More energy! I love all the encouragement I get for you all. It has really helped me. Mimi, thanks. You have made me start putting more veggies and fruits in our diets. Now I feel bad when I don't exercise... LOL Hope you all have a wonderful Month.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday All!!

Welcome Newbies!!

Faye, I see you are in Florida, if you have Kroger owned grocery stores in your area, check them. The Kroger-owned Fred Meyer chain in my area carries Ak Mak crackers. I think I already mentioned Trader Joe's has them. Good luck,

Mimi, I would LOVE to meet up with you. Washougal is less than 10 miles from where I live. And I had a thought for Barbie, depending on how she and Jake are travelling to and from California--if they are driving through, maybe the timing of their return trip will be late enough that she could catch up with you down here? Won't work if they are flying though--would have to pack some parachutes!!!:noway: And then a long walk back to the Olympic Peninsula!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mimi, I will pm you later today with my phone number and regular email address so we can figure something out.:flowerforyou:

Have to take off now and run an errand.

Barb
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    Just have a question.... How in the world do you post a pic on here? I was going to put my grand daughters on here and "show them off" :laugh: , but I don't know how to get it on here Please someone, help! :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • ainslieglen
    Options
    Jumping into August with renewed determination after a rocky July:sad: I wish every one of you a successful month:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Angusowner
    Options
    Donna, I would like to know how to post pictures, also. If you find out other than on this board, post it here so I can also "brag up" my "grandtoddler". Thanks! Bec
  • Caralyn
    Caralyn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    pmjsmom,

How did you get the glitter graphics from graphicsgrotto.com into this MFP message and how do you get it into an email? I am pretty computer savvy but can't seem to figure it out......

Caralyn
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,975 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Jackie, I’m sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday on the actual day……I’m glad to hear that you celebrated well….glad your mum likes the hotel you’ve provided for her and I agree that you deserve a huge pay rise……you can put your August goals in your signature by clicking on the word “Signature” at the top of the page of posts.

:flowerforyou: Chiclet, that’s great about fitting into smaller pants………even more exciting than lower numbers on the scale.

:flowerforyou: Amanda, I love your goals about not sitting on the couch for more than an hour and having a day of veggie eating.

:flowerforyou: Viv, I’m glad you’re slowly recovering from your injury even if you don’t know exactly what it was----if you’re walking 20,000 steps a day that’s amazing and very good exercise. :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Linda, keep on keeping on and adding vegetables to your day and the weight will come off……I agree that this thread is a life-line……I’ve been posting on it almost daily for more than a year and I can’t imagine living without it.

:flowerforyou: Donna, can’t wait to see a picture of you in your wedding dress……there’s a site called “Photo Bucket” that some of us use to put pictures in the middle of our posts…..I’m just learning how to use it.

:flowerforyou: Megamom, congratulations on your weight loss and best wishes on your recovery from your surgery….can you do exercises with hand weights while your knees are on the blink?

:flowerforyou: Sage, welcome to the group……you have met a great group that will be your friends and your cheerleaders on this weight loss journey…..post often and tell us more about you.

:flowerforyou: Robin, don’t let the family get you down……go play with your dogs, they are the best family of all :heart:

:flowerforyou: Faye, with vigilance you can at least maintain while you are traveling…….try to use every opportunity to walk even if you can’t do any formal exercise.

:flowerforyou: Rebel, I know you can do the eating and exercising goals in August…….don’t worry so much about the weight as long as you are focused on healthy behavior.

:flowerforyou: BarbieCat, good for you for not doing an unsafe and unhealthy bike ride….slow and steady wins the race….being smart will benefit you in the long run

:flowerforyou: Mimi, I’ll just miss you on your trip. We’ll be driving home on September 3 so we’ll miss you in Portland by a day

:flowerforyou: Bec, welcome……you will get a lot of support and encouragement on this thread……I used to teach in public school so I know what you mean about the stress….have you looked into yoga and meditation for stress relief…..many people on this thread will be able share good stress reduction ideas with you…..eating doesn’t have to be the only response to stress. Take it one day at a time

:flowerforyou: Pamela, glad you are exercising…..sometimes the hardest exercise is the part where you get off the couch or get down on the exercise mat…:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Barb, it would have been the greatest to be able to meet up with you and Mimi, but the timing is off by a day or more…..we’ll be in Eureka, CA on August 31 and September 1, driving to Albany, OR on September 2 and not coming your way until September 3……

:drinker: Today is our Isagenix cleanse day which is a healthy thing but at the moment I'm wondering if it's bedtime yet so I can sleep and get up in the morning and eat breakfast :laugh: I took the dogs to the dog park again today and walked a bit more but I noticed that when three dogs ran my way, I instinctively moved toward toward the fence to get away from them......my knee is feeling much better and stronger and I am hopeful about a full recovery before long.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I put my new goals for August in my signature so I can see them regularly----none of them is a repeat so they'll all be challenging:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: letting my knee heal means not doing things I've always done:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: maintaining a "complaint free attitude" also means not doing things I frequently do:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: adding upper body exercises is actually a repeat of a goal had for months over a year ago and never had any success.....:laugh:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: so if you've got challenging goals, too, then we're all in the same boat.:bigsmile:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,975 Member
    Options
    gcanimals1.gif

I just tried graphicsgrotto and it was easy to post this. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • donna56
    Options
    Maybe I can do it this time. This is a pic of my grand daughters:smile:

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm313/donnamarple/Have a good day/?action=view&current=mygrandkids001.jpg

Well I have tried every one of the options photobucket had to copy and paste and none of them worked :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Caralyn
    Caralyn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    barbiecat,

I would like to get a glitter graphic into an email but right click--->copy only copies the link......

Caralyn
  • donna56
    Options
    it.

:flowerforyou: Donna, can’t wait to see a picture of you in your wedding dress……there’s a site called “Photo Bucket” that some of us use to put pictures in the middle of our posts…..I’m just learning how to use it.

Barbie.... I am trying photobucket and I have used every copy and paste option and it's still not working for me. What am I doing wrong?
  • Raynedancer
    Raynedancer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone :smile: My name is Cathy and I am 59 yr.s old. This is my first time to post on this thread. I started using MFP on the 26th of July and have a question. I am hoping someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. On July 25th, I weighed 165# and I want to lose 45#. When I look at my Goals here, it says my "Projected Weight Loss" is 0.7lbs/wk !!! That's scary...only 2.8 #/month????

Net Cal. Consumed/Day = 1200. Calories burned/Week = 1800. Cal. from Normal daily activity = 1570. Net Cal. consumed/day = 1200. 5 workouts/week for 60 minutes each.

Is the Projected Weight Loss correct? And if so WHAT can I do to increase the weight loss and have it show up on my Fitness Goals?

I hope someone can help. Thanks so much for any suggestions or info you can give me.
  • donna56
    Options
    Hi Cathy... to change your goals, go to your home tab, hit the goal tab, hit change goals, and follow the links. I hope this is correct as my memory really stinks. I just went though the whole thing so I could tell you how to do it, but the way my memory is.... I am not sure. It's close though LOL
  • Raynedancer
    Options
    Thanks, Donna. I will give that a try. Wish me luck :smile:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Donna,

I did some research in prior posts where directions were given, and I tried an experiement that didn't work. I do know that at the beginning of the link to a photo there has to be and at the end I tried to add this to the beginning and end of your link, but a photo didn't display. As I recall, the way the info comes out of photobucket, the "img" letters are in CAPS and have to be changed to lower case letters. I am not sure how you got your link that was showing in your prior post.

Maybe Barbiecat can remember what she did to post our photos last week and supply the missing data you need for this to work....
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Welcome to all newcomers!

I just got home and just barely scanned the posts, but did not take any notes. Everyone seems to be in good spirits and looking forward to a new month. Gratz to all who lost anything in August.

Carlsbad Caverns was amazing! I suggest everyone should go see it if given the opportunity. But, (being from New Mexico I can say this) don't expect clean hotel rooms and what ever you do, don"t stay in White's City. We stayed at the Steven's Best Western and for a hotel in Carlsbad it was OK. We would stay there again.

500,000 visitors a year to a small town out in the middle of nowhere takes it's toll on a place and Carlsbad never gets good reviews on hotels/motels.

Still the Carverns rock! I got to mark seeing the bats off my 'bucket list'.

I was able to stay within my calories both days. We walked the whole extended route which is only 2.5 miles but takes 2 1/2 hours and is a hard paved trail.

I only lost 4 oz in July and that was last week after I switched to the 1200 DASH diet for weight loss. August should be a lot better and the scale should get moving again.

Later,

Jeannie
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    copy the image code. once you have pasted it change the upper case IMG to lower case img it will work then.
  • Raynedancer
    Options
    Hi Cathy... to change your goals, go to your home tab, hit the goal tab, hit change goals, and follow the links. I hope this is correct as my memory really stinks. I just went though the whole thing so I could tell you how to do it, but the way my memory is.... I am not sure. It's close though LOL

Well, I did as you suggested. I tried increasing my workouts to 6 days/week from 5 and the time from 60 minutes each workout to 120 minutes...then I clicked on save and it did NOT effect my "Projected Weight Loss" at all :cry:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Cathy,
    Since your daily use is 1570 the only way to increase your weight loss is thru exercise but that will not show in you goals for weekly weightloss. it will show up as you post your daily exercise. I am in the same boat. I can only get about .7 pounds lost thru diet and I do the rest thru exercise. I hope this makes sense.

You shouldn't go below 1200 daily calorie goals. I think your confusion is in the fact that exercise goals show up but they aren't calculated in your weght loss goal because you have to log them separately every day.