SIZE ZERO!!!!!

Options

Replies

• pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    If you naturally have the body type for it yes, but if you don't, no.

This. I have some very thin, petite friends who are just built that way. I've never been under a size 9 even when I was in the low/healthy weight range for a female at 5'2" and at the time I was a young teen and anorexic. It wouldn't be realistic for me to make a size zero my goal, and wouldn't be healthy for me for my build anyway.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you but once I reach my goal weight, I'm never coming to this site again. I hate, hate, hate counting calories and keeping a daily log of what I eat. I got better things to do with my time. If I can't master my eating habits by the time I lose weight, then I'm just messed up.

I reached my goal 2 years ago. I'm still here because I want to stay that way.

I'm a lot more relaxed about counting calories, but it's not something you just stop doing when you reach your goal. Maintaining is every bit as hard as losing. In some ways, even harder, because you don't have the same motivation and support. When you're losing, it's exciting... every few weeks, you see a tangible result of your effort. People who haven't seen you congratulate you on your progress. When you're maintaining, you're working just as hard (or should be) without the result. And no one (not in real life, anyway) has ever said to me, "Awesome job staying the same size the past two years!"
  • nagniho
    nagniho Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am barely 5"feet tall and do wear size 0 in some brands. My frame is small but I have hips:-) I am also over 40 and have 2 kids!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    This.

Some women can be a very healthy size 0. Some women could starve themselves to skin and bone and still not fit into a size 0.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    for me? Yes. For everyone? No. I say yes for me, because I am a size zero and I am healthy. Healthier now, in fact than I was when I was wearing a size 6, weighing 98 pounds. I'm now wearing a zero, but weigh 118 pounds. I wore a size zero at 130 pounds with 15% body fat, too. It CAN be healthy, so long as the person goes about it the right way.

ETA: I am 35, 5'5" and have 2 children.

When you have a nice round butt, legs and hips at 5'5, you will never be a size zero. If this is your pic, you are on the wrong site. You shouldn't lose another pound. You look great and I wouldn't worry about counting calories ever again.

Excuse me? I shouldn't be on a fitness site?!? I'm not here to lose weight. I'm actually here to GAIN. And, I have. As I gained weight and lost body fat, I got into a size 0 from a size 6 at 98 pounds. But, thanks for saying I don't deserve to be here. And, yes. That's me. As are the rest of my pictures in my album. I was 123 pounds, with 16% body fat in that picture.

I've seen your pics, and you have a very nice round butt and hips! :love:

I have plenty of hips, too, and also 5'5. And I'm a size two. Probably if I bought more upscale clothes, I could wear a size zero, but I'm a cheapskate. :laugh:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    for me? Yes. For everyone? No. I say yes for me, because I am a size zero and I am healthy. Healthier now, in fact than I was when I was wearing a size 6, weighing 98 pounds. I'm now wearing a zero, but weigh 118 pounds. I wore a size zero at 130 pounds with 15% body fat, too. It CAN be healthy, so long as the person goes about it the right way.

ETA: I am 35, 5'5" and have 2 children.

When you have a nice round butt, legs and hips at 5'5, you will never be a size zero. If this is your pic, you are on the wrong site. You shouldn't lose another pound. You look great and I wouldn't worry about counting calories ever again.

Excuse me? I shouldn't be on a fitness site?!? I'm not here to lose weight. I'm actually here to GAIN. And, I have. As I gained weight and lost body fat, I got into a size 0 from a size 6 at 98 pounds. But, thanks for saying I don't deserve to be here. And, yes. That's me. As are the rest of my pictures in my album. I was 123 pounds, with 16% body fat in that picture.

I've seen your pics, and you have a very nice round butt and hips! :love:

I have plenty of hips, too, and also 5'5. And I'm a size two. Probably if I bought more upscale clothes, I could wear a size zero, but I'm a cheapskate. :laugh:

shoot, me, too. Ross is my favorite. And, thank you!
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I never thought a size zero was attainable for me either, but here I am. Depending on the store, I'm anywhere from a 0 to a 4. I'm 35, 5'3", small framed, and a little over 120 lbs. I'm back down to my high school weight and I'm pretty sure I was about a size 5 in high school (mid 90's). I think I'm really a size 4 and the 0 is a result of vanity sizing, which seems to be the norm rather than the exception because I own way more 0's than 4's and when I was over 200 lbs. I was still able to shop in regular stores.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    It depends on a lot of different factors like brand, and the height of the person.

Some of my pants are size zero, some are size 3. I even have some shorts that are size 5. Different brands fit differently.

When it comes to fitting into a size zero, I have an advantage because of my height. I only weight a couple pounds over 100, but I'm also only 4'11". A couple times some of my friends have commented that my clothing size is so small, like its some kind of complement, but they don't realize that proportionally, we're the same size. I don't take it as a matter of pride that I can fit into a size zero. It's just that I'm short.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you but once I reach my goal weight, I'm never coming to this site again. I hate, hate, hate counting calories and keeping a daily log of what I eat. I got better things to do with my time. If I can't master my eating habits by the time I lose weight, then I'm just messed up.

I reached my goal 2 years ago. I'm still here because I want to stay that way.

I'm a lot more relaxed about counting calories, but it's not something you just stop doing when you reach your goal. Maintaining is every bit as hard as losing. In some ways, even harder, because you don't have the same motivation and support. When you're losing, it's exciting... every few weeks, you see a tangible result of your effort. People who haven't seen you congratulate you on your progress. When you're maintaining, you're working just as hard (or should be) without the result. And no one (not in real life, anyway) has ever said to me, "Awesome job staying the same size the past two years!"

Awesome job staying the same size the past two years! :flowerforyou:

I plan to stay despite being in maintenance. I've quit logging twice, and both times my weight started to creep back up. Also I don't eat enough protein if left to my own devices.
  • bethlasleylee
    Options
    Honestly, this conversation kind of makes me want to cry. Why are you (and the world) so obsessed with being so small? I'm struggling right now just to get down to the "overweight" category...I'm naturally very heavy and have a hard time taking off any sort of weight that I put on. (Yes, there are medical factors involved and I am working with my doctor on overcoming those.) Shouldn't we be more concerned with being healthy? Shouldn't we be focused less on size and more on whether a person has low blood pressure, their blood glucose levels, and their cholesterol?
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Man, I so don't understand chicks...

Ha! Me neither...
  • rml_16
    Options
    I don't know about you but once I reach my goal weight, I'm never coming to this site again. I hate, hate, hate counting calories and keeping a daily log of what I eat.

It takes about two minutes to log.

And this attitude is why so many people gain all their weight back. Good luck.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Honestly, this conversation kind of makes me want to cry. Why are you (and the world) so obsessed with being so small? I'm struggling right now just to get down to the "overweight" category...I'm naturally very heavy and have a hard time taking off any sort of weight that I put on. (Yes, there are medical factors involved and I am working with my doctor on overcoming those.) Shouldn't we be more concerned with being healthy? Shouldn't we be focused less on size and more on whether a person has low blood pressure, their blood glucose levels, and their cholesterol?
    Some people are. But what's important to me is what's important to me. Who are you to tell me what I "should" focus on when it comes to my own life and body?

For the record, I am extremely healthy. All my numbers are good, I have fabulous stamina for exercise, etc. But I don't like being the size I am and want to be smaller and tighter. That is my business and I have a right to that. I'm more comfortable with a smaller body.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options

Ditto. One person's easy size 0 is someone else's hell on earth. I like to work to maintain my weight, but for me I've got no interest in size 0.

If I ever ended up a size 0, it could be reasonably expected that I'm probably dying. I'm 5'11 and the leanest I've ever been in my adult lift was a size 8 and 172lb. That being said, I'm built like a Viking. A size 0 would be a BAD thing. Period.
  • mathera26
    mathera26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Size zero is for 12 year old girls to push them into the ideology that they have to follow the trends of retail.
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My extremely skinny 13 year old wears a size 0! I would NEVER want to fit into my 13 yr olds clothes, I mean she is soooo skinny it's ridiculous.
  • rml_16
    Options
    My extremely skinny 13 year old wears a size 0! I would NEVER want to fit into my 13 yr olds clothes, I mean she is soooo skinny it's ridiculous, I honeslty think women over like 20 look gross and way too skinny in a size 0, go for a 3 or 5 at the least
    I knew a woman once who was in her 30s, had two children, ate like a freaking pig, was very healthy and blessed with a great metabolism. She was size 0 and absolutely beautiful.

Shame on you for saying what you said. Would you like someone to describe your natural body type in such terms? It may not be healthy and attainable for you, but that doesn't mean someone else can't be that and be lovely.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Size zero is for 12 year old girls to push them into the ideology that they have to follow the trends of retail.

ridiculous.
  • emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    While I think I could achieve the 23 inch waist (I have a naturally small waist anyway- even at 157lbs I had a 29inch waist!) I think the hips and chest would not be attainable. I have really solid baby carrying hips and with my chest at a 30F I can't see myself ever reaching those kind of levels unless I shed every ounce of fat I have on my body which is not healthy or attainable. I'm aiming to lose weight but keep my curves!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I think you can achieve it tha healthy way but many people would like to do it no matter what. And well, it depends on your height as well- if you're very short you can easily achieve size zero but if you're for example 5'10''?

I disagree, if your short AND naturally thin then you are more likely to achieve a size zero. For shorter girls (as one myself) I think its harder because we have smaller abdominal areas and smaller legs and weight shows WAY more then with taller people. I know many taller people who weight more or about the same as me and wear smaller clothes than I do. So I believe that opposite is true, the taller you are the better chance that you could achieve a size zero, i.e. work at it.

it depends on frame size, not height. Frame size is the width of your shoulders, width/depth of your rib cage, and the width of your pelvis, and these are determined by genetics. Height and frame size don't always correlate either... everyone assumes that short people must have smaller frames, and tall people must have larger frames, but that's not always the case. There are a lot of short, large framed people (like me) and tall, small framed people (like a lot of fashion models).

If you have a small frame then you will probably fit into a size zero when your body fat percentage is in the healthy range. If you have a large frame, then you probably will not fit into a size zero without starving yourself half to death.

I agree with what Binary Pulsar said right at the start of the thread.... aspire to be fit, strong and healthy, and be whatever size you are when you achieve that. Aim for a healthy body fat percentage, exercise and nourish your body properly. No matter what your frame size, fit, strong and healthy looks good and if you look great naked you really shouldn't give a rats hairy behind what actual dress size your clothes are.