alcohol
emotional eating
didn't care about my health or what i looked like
liked feeling stuffed

Replies

• _castiel
    _castiel Posts: 30
    Options
    I got fat because I'd been a swimmer/ runner, but when I started Sixth Form I basically cut out all exercise and stress ate because of exams. So annoyed at myself.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I ****ing hated my mother ****ing miserable life....
    But guess what I love myself now and life is AMAZING!!!!
  • HunterKiller_wechange2
    HunterKiller_wechange2 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Eating crap and being lazy.
  • coldwishes
    coldwishes Posts: 49
    Options
    Eating too much crap food
    Not exercising
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i ate.
  • maryf78
    maryf78 Posts: 6
    Options
    Big portion sizes, junk food and lack of exercise.
  • aelitaangels
    aelitaangels Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Stress, eating junk and sweets on a regular basis, eating late at night, overeating/boredom eating, and not making time to exercise on a regular basis contributed to my weight gain.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Not exercising in my second pregnancy! And probably eating too much chocolate!
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    junk food, no exercise, BC. Terrible combination!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    It was a three-step process.

Step 1 - stuff food into my mouth
    Step 2 - stuff more food into my mouth
    Step 3 - repeat steps one and two
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    binge eating
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Weekends full of binge drinking, eating, fornication, and various other debauchery
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Stress ate when I moved back in with my parents (to help them out) Then after getting married I realized I gained weight, tried starving myself (didn't know how to lose weight by eating MORE of the healthy stuff) then got pregnant and ate for two...sometimes five... haha
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I was never "skinny" but desperately wanted to be ever since I was 14. I always hated my body, thought my thighs were hugeee, stomach was fat etc. which it kinda was, I could never just wear anything tight fitting.

At 17, I eventually gave into restricting/anorexia, and got underweight.

I couldn't maintain it though and sloowwwllly gained weight over 10 months. I was hardly eating at all but still gaining - thats how messed up my metabolism was. I also started binging (which wouldn't have helped the weight gain) and purging habits. I was desperately trying to get back to being "too thin" again, but I couldn't. Eating less, only made me gain weight.

Depressed, miserable, and mentally/physically EXHAUSTED, something clicked, enough was enough, and I came here to do this properly.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I was overweight all of my life, starting when I was 4-5 years old. There was always dessert and a full cookie jar in the house and I couldn't resist either. I hated being outside when I was young so I didn't get a lot of exercise other than working on our farm, which kept me from being obese but I was still overweight. As I got older, my poor eating habits continued and I got even less exercise and I became obese (about 75 pounds overweight at my heaviest).

Currently I still have about 20-25 pounds to lose but at 50 year old I'm smaller than I was in high school so that's a huge victory for me!
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Continuing to eat like I was still teaching Jazzercise 3X/week and running 3X/week, even though I'd been permanently sidelined (I thought*) with a hip replacement back in 1999.

*had the other hip replace in 2010 when I was 265 lb, tried to get active again, but it really didn't come together till I stumbled across MFP and followed the directions slavishly. Can't argue with success. ... well you can, but you run the risk of looking like a fool...
  • bigkabina
    bigkabina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    - Binge drinking at weekends followed by kebabs / full english breakfasts.
    - Takeaway Dinners on weekdays with excessive animal fat and sugar.
    - Sitting down all day (drive to work and back, in front of computer at work, in front of TV at home).
    - Nil exercise on weekdays or weekends
    - Snacking on chocolate and crisps at work on weekdays.
    - Snacking on burgers from fast food outlets for lunch at weekends.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Can't say I was lazy, just ate too much!
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    At first, it was clinical depression as the result of an emotionally and physically abusive marriage. Then once we split up, I got back into shape, and maintained for years until I blew out my shoulder. Boom! Huge weight gain in a very short period of time, and then a lack of commitment to get back into shape exacerbated the problem. I was terrified once I recovered from the shoulder surgery I would re-injure myself, so I just kept ignoring it until one day I felt like I was being followed. I kept looking back trying to figure out who was following me and then I realized no one was - it was my own *kitten*!

Either that, or I saw photos of myself from a family gathering that made me wish the earth would open up and swallow me. I can't remember ... ;-)
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Weekends full of binge drinking, eating, fornication, and various other debauchery

fornication burns calories sir............

I love food...... and I had stopped working out ...simple as that