That awkward moment when...

Options

Replies

• Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Yea not making my social anxiety any better =/ thanks to the people that didn't judge me, I appreciate it.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    It was awkward wheni found out that all of my ex's friends had seen naked pics of me : (
  • chesq77
    chesq77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    When Bro's don't even lift!

are you talking about yourself brah? nahh im jk hahah dont get butthurt
  • chantelp89
    Options
    Yea not making my social anxiety any better =/ thanks to the people that didn't judge me, I appreciate it.
    Yeah, little brothers gf has the same problem I should have known better. Sorry about that
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    *hugs* social anxiety is the worst.
  • chesq77
    Options
    since your a gamer one of my favorites was mario kart....

so

that awkward moment when you get hit by your own green shell in mario kart
  • chantelp89
    Options
    since your a gamer one of my favorites was mario kart....

so

that awkward moment when you get hit by your own green shell in mario kart
    Or when you slip on your own trail of banana peels
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, I always preferred an older crowd. Early 20's, most of my friends were in the 40-50 year old bracket. Now in my 30's, I'm comfortable chatting with nearly all age brackets. It sounds like it's time to broaden your horizons....even if that means a "history" lesson in classic games. You should familiarize yourself with the games or topics of conversation that they were discussing. That way, you can engage them the next time.

I saw on your profile that you work in an office job. I'm an executive assistant. If my field has taught me anything, it's to never stop broadening your horizons. What if you have to accompany your boss and colleagues to a dinner with a potential client? Chances are good, you'll probably be the youngest one at the table, and you can't sit there playing on your phone. Social skills are extremely important in the corporate world. Take opportunities like this to learn more. You never know when you might be able to impress a client with your knowledge William Edwards Deming's kaizen work in Japan, or proper ettiquette with Japanese business owners. Or maybe, silly enough, the history of the Final Fantasy media franchise.

Don't let it be awkward :smile:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    This is more of an issue with the age barrier than anything. You lack the social skills to bridge that gap. It is unfortunate, but it is what it is.
    No it's not. I'm 23 and my bf is almost 10 yrs older. My ex was 17 yrs older than me. I always joined in. She just needs to get off her phone

This is because your social skills are better.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Get off your phone and jump in with the conversation!
    This.

I have lots of friends older and younger and never have this problem. My circle spans a good 40 years from youngest to oldest.
  • chantelp89
    Options
    This is more of an issue with the age barrier than anything. You lack the social skills to bridge that gap. It is unfortunate, but it is what it is.
    No it's not. I'm 23 and my bf is almost 10 yrs older. My ex was 17 yrs older than me. I always joined in. She just needs to get off her phone

How YOU doin'?
  • whierd
    Options

No one is judging you. I realize it is tough.
  • whierd
    Options

How YOU doin'?

Sup girl, I read boyfriend, not husband. How YOU doin?
  • chesq77
    Options
    that awkard moment when i get tent action in my khakis in class

people let her do whatever she wants to do....she didnt say judge her she said entertain her.

You may or may not have noticed that MFPers are reluctant to follow instructions of OPs...

...(especially when they think an OP is doing it wrong).

thats why this site sucks. its more of a judgemental system than a support system.
  • chantelp89
    Options
    ^ I judged a tiny bit : (
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Im naturally quiet socially.
    Intimidation is the worst.
    You feel intimidated.
    If you want things to work out, you need to find a way to communicate.
    What if you google classic gaming so you can some how join in the convo?
  • whierd
    Options

people let her do whatever she wants to do....she didnt say judge her she said entertain her.

You may or may not have noticed that MFPers are reluctant to follow instructions of OPs...

thats why this site sucks. its more of a judgemental system than a support system.

And yet, here you are.
  • chesq77
    Options

And yet, here you are.

to count my macros and be apart of the small percentage who actually supports....you were the first one to call her out on lacking social skills, you must be proud of yourself.
  • cherrytm
    cherrytm Posts: 13
    Options
    Can you pull your boyfriend aside and ask if he can figure out how to include you in the conversation?

Otherwise, forget them. They don't sound very friendly and it says more about them that they didn't include you when you're the person who is new, and they already know each other. That's rude.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

You think *that* is why this site sucks? Because people don't blindly offer "support" and suppress sharing what they believe is actually more helpful/useful advice? You would prefer that people strictly honor her wishes and provide the entertainment she requested instead of pointing out that her behavior (ie, being on the phone all the time) is possibly a significant barrier to her participation in the discussion?

Personally, I believe *that* viewpoint is what is wrong with this site. To me, that is not really support.