Options

Replies

• _Wild_Card_
    _Wild_Card_ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think all moms are beautiful
  • StephanieLee85
    Options
    i am going to disagree it has ruined mine i was always small firm and trim size 6 (49kilos) and when i was pregnant with my first. I ate healthy drunk water did everything right gained over 70 kilos it took me 4 years to loose it i never bounced back within the 2 years like i was told...no matter what i did. My family is like how did u gain so much weight when u ate healthy. I really dont know.. I have lost that weight now i am all just jelly lol. All the mums i know walked out of hospital in there pre baby shape. i would like to say it depends on your genes but idk because all my family are tiny.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options

Best post on this thread
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    i am going to disagree it has ruined mine i was always small firm and trim size 6 (49kilos) and when i was pregnant with my first. I ate healthy drunk water did everything right gained over 70 kilos it took me 4 years to loose it i never bounced back within the 2 years like i was told...no matter what i did. My family is like how did u gain so much weight when u ate healthy. I really dont know.. I have lost that weight now i am all just jelly lol. All the mums i know walked out of hospital in there pre baby shape. i would like to say it depends on your genes but idk because all my family are tiny.

70 KILOS? Or lbs? Because that's 155 lbs. did you have gestational diabetes? Just curious
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    Options

/thread :flowerforyou:
  • StephanieLee85
    Options
    70 kilos im australian kilos all i know lol no gestational diabetes :(
  • bbl2013t
    bbl2013t Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    it doesn't ruin it it changes your body for the better to become a mother. my female friends all looked like models before pregnancy, they all do drugs, eat on junk food and like being drunk daily like me! before their pregnancy i was super skinny and living with them too. we wanted a "fun" pregnancy stuffing our faces with junk food and watching tv, we all gained at least 100lb and it felt great! After pregnancy we looked average( pop belly, kangaroo belly, yellow teeth, acne, got really fat, stretch marks, saggy skin if they lose weight. I t doesn't stop you from sex, using drugs and getting drunk,going out we do that all the time
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    it doesn't ruin it it changes your body for the better to become a mother. my female friends all looked like models before pregnancy, they all do drugs, eat on junk food and like being drunk daily like me! before their pregnancy i was super skinny and living with them too. we wanted a "fun" pregnancy stuffing our faces with junk food and watching tv, we all gained at least 100lb and it felt great! After pregnancy we looked average( pop belly, kangaroo belly, yellow teeth, acne, got really fat, stretch marks, saggy skin if they lose weight. I t doesn't stop you from sex, using drugs and getting drunk,going out we do that all the time

:noway:

all I can do is :noway:
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

WTF.

W...T...F..

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GreenChile3
    GreenChile3 Posts: 65
    Options
    just wanted in before the lock...LOL
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

WTF.

W...T...F..

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm hoping this is a troll.

Yeah ... blank profile that says 28 and male.
  • _Wild_Card_
    _Wild_Card_ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • annagoodner
    annagoodner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When I saw the topic of this thread, I was hoping it would be about what instantly came to my mind. Our bodies were built to birth, nourish, and nurture children. Our society has deemed stretch marks ugly, and tells us to cover our c-section scars. But my stretch marks and scar are my battle wounds from bringing into the world my biggest blessing and sweetest joy. Children are a blessing, and our bodies are going to age and stretch and not look like they did when we were 18, and that's okay. Sagging breasts are testimony to nights marked by motherhood, nursing our sweet little people back to sleep. And pregnancy does leave some lasting wounds for some of us, which can be incredibly painful. But I think to call a body "ruined" that's been a bit stretched out by a burden of love is inaccurate. I think it's time to strive for healthy, and be okay if some of us don't have stretch marks and some of us do. Let's love this bodies which have bore and struggled and loved our babies, because children are so much more precious than society's standard of beauty. And let me say, I struggle with this all the time, because losing weight after having a baby has become SO much harder. But I refuse to see a body changed by giving my birth to my son as anything less than beautiful, even if I have to fight for that mindset on many days.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Having babies didn't ruin my body either... I bounced back a couple of months after I had my daughter and had a 6 pack 6 months post pregnancy. Then I had my son at 28 and less than a year I had my pre baby body back, but this past fall o0/2012 I let myself go all to crap with MY bad eating habits and lack of exercise. Currently busting my bum to fix my self made mess. Good luck and God Bless to all of you out their making your own positive changes!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    you look awesome. I didnt ruin my body, however i am left with stretchmarks. But that doesnt matter to me.
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am really pleased that some people can bounce back after pregnancy (and a tiny bit jealous :smile: ) but it is all to do with genetics. I was 20 when I had my daughter, I was small and had abs before I was pregnant, i didn't put on much weight while pregnant (still a healthy amount though) and my daughter wasn't a big baby...my tummy isn't pretty though and I have stretch marks almost all the way up to my sternum/breastbone. Not everyone can bounce back but we can definitely try our hardest :smile: :happy:
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I would love for my belly to look like yours. I weigh 15lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight but my belly is ruined.
    It's not genetics, my mom doesn't have a single stretch mark on her.
    Here is my belly. My youngest will be 3 in a month

3088ug4.jpg
  • fyoufat
    fyoufat Posts: 85
    Options
    My body was bad before pregnant 90 pounds overweight or so-fat but I sitll worked out a little and had decent muscle. I lost a lot of muscle while pregnant and gained 50 pounds. I have lost the 50 pounds and my Body seems the same, boobs a little smaller but my belly sag is even worse and I can't IMAGINE what is will be like after I loose the rest of my weight. Being pregnant also kind of ruined my arms, but it's my own fault for not working out and gaining so much. I never wanted plastic surgery but I am dreading loose skin. I had a c section so...
  • rjbkain
    rjbkain Posts: 9
    Options
    Here' s the thing. Stretch marks=genetics. My grandma has stretch marks, my mom has stretch marks, I have stretch marks. Also, how you carry the baby makes a difference. From behind, you couldn't tell I was pregnant, but turn around, and WHOA, Nellie! I grew out, not wide, so my belly took the brunt of the growth--plus I have narrow hips.

Here's the thing. Everyone is different. No, pregnancy isn't a guarantee that your body will be "ruined", but it definitely transforms some people's bodies and not everyone can snap back no matter how in shape you are before or how much weight you do or don't gain.

I don't look at my body as being "ruined" at all--just changed. It will never go back to exactly the way it was, but there's not much I can do about that.

Also, most of my stretch marks appeared before I got very big. Just my skin. Whatcha gonna do? Your post seems to want to place the blame for stretch marks or loose skin on the woman's behavior. Not necessarily the case.
  • rjbkain
    rjbkain Posts: 9
    Options
    When I saw the topic of this thread, I was hoping it would be about what instantly came to my mind. Our bodies were built to birth, nourish, and nurture children. Our society has deemed stretch marks ugly, and tells us to cover our c-section scars. But my stretch marks and scar are my battle wounds from bringing into the world my biggest blessing and sweetest joy. Children are a blessing, and our bodies are going to age and stretch and not look like they did when we were 18, and that's okay. Sagging breasts are testimony to nights marked by motherhood, nursing our sweet little people back to sleep. And pregnancy does leave some lasting wounds for some of us, which can be incredibly painful. But I think to call a body "ruined" that's been a bit stretched out by a burden of love is inaccurate. I think it's time to strive for healthy, and be okay if some of us don't have stretch marks and some of us do. Let's love this bodies which have bore and struggled and loved our babies, because children are so much more precious than society's standard of beauty. And let me say, I struggle with this all the time, because losing weight after having a baby has become SO much harder. But I refuse to see a body changed by giving my birth to my son as anything less than beautiful, even if I have to fight for that mindset on many days.

Yes. This!!!
This discussion has been closed.