Ugly skinny or pretty chubby?

Options

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Agree...also need a personality to go with looks though. I don't care how good they look it they don't have a good personality lol

Exactly. Looks don't matter.

Of course looks matter, why kids ourselves.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I notice personality first, face second, body third. Personality has to be amazing, face pleasing, body just good enough (not too picky there and I like variety anyway). I also think questions like this are silly. As if it can only be one or the other. Or as if these are the only two options.

I don't like when people say that they notice personality first.

You have no idea what their personality is like from across the room.

Agreed. I mean, really?? Is it even possible to notice personality first?
    Maybe she had a big personality?

I knew people were going to have a problem with this. Really? You don't notice how someone behaves and talks and what they talk about? That isn't the thing that catches your interest and wanting to spend more time with them?
    I don't see someone's personality from across the room and then go see how they look....
    Edited because what I said first didn't make any sense
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I can get past looks and weight to a certain extent, but I can't deal with a bad personality.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Women are mostly responding to this thread. Wondering why many guys aren't posting. Could it be because this is a question that you can't answer? Pretty/chubby vs. ugly/thin... causing a short circuit in the brain?

Side note - kudos the the gentlemen who have answered here. Input appreciated.

Can't say how the hubby would answer but he seems to like his chubby wife who looks like a devilish dachshund - stubborn, loyal, cuddly with a tendency towards occasional gluttony.
  • Tiffanie0407
    Tiffanie0407 Posts: 112
    Options
    I like stalky guys anyway im not into muscles so a nice handsome face would do, but i am more attractive to their personality.
  • PiCkLeLuV
    PiCkLeLuV Posts: 274
    Options
    obviously personality is a factor... but lets face it, whenever you meet someone, no matter the situation, the first thing you notice is someone's looks, good, bad or indifferent. Lets say each has equally charming personality.

I had a pretty good idea of how the ladies would respond to this question, that's why I was more so gearing this towards guys.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    My husband is 5 ft. 8, 235 lbs., bald, diabetic, has neuropathy in both feet and walks with a stick, has poor balance, chronic respiratory issues, and I would not trade him for Brad Pitt naked with a million bucks in one hand and a steamed lobster in the other. :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I busted out laughing so hard it freaked out the cat. :) Agreed, though. I wouldn't trade my husband, beer gut and hairiness and all, for ANYTHING, because he's hilarious and the best dad ever, and my best friend.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    OP why didn't you just say both have equally lovely personalities? We could have avoided most of this.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I notice personality first, face second, body third. Personality has to be amazing, face pleasing, body just good enough (not too picky there and I like variety anyway). I also think questions like this are silly. As if it can only be one or the other. Or as if these are the only two options.

I don't like when people say that they notice personality first.

You have no idea what their personality is like from across the room.

Agreed. I mean, really?? Is it even possible to notice personality first?
    Maybe she had a big personality?

I knew people were going to have a problem with this. Really? You don't notice how someone behaves and talks and what they talk about? That isn't the thing that catches your interest and wanting to spend more time with them?
    I don't see someone's personality from across the room and then go see how they look....
    Edited because what I said first didn't make any sense

When I met my husband I never saw what people looked like across the room because I was near sighted and needed glasses, but had not gone to the eye doctor yet. No joke. I am telling the truth. People looked like a blur, but I thought everyone had trouble seeing distances.

The thing that caught my attention was, when he walked into the room and said, "Hey, does anyone want to go white river rafting?" That caught my attention. That was 17 years ago. And yes, when he caught my attention I also saw that I found him attractive. Also the question was, "Who Would You Rather Date?" It was not, "What catches your attention from across the room".

If my husband had walked quietly into the room, sat alone and started eating, I would not have noticed him. Unless if I thought he seemed mysterious and introspective and wanted to get to know what was going on inside his mind.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    A nice body will get my attention, but a beautiful soul will keep me. But If I gag when I look at your face, I'm sorry we can't even be friends.

So, why are we friends? :laugh:

Hush you hot! WOULD BANG! Wanna Bang?
  • PiCkLeLuV
    PiCkLeLuV Posts: 274
    Options
    OP why didn't you just say both have equally lovely personalities? We could have avoided most of this.

If it were to be so complex I would have broke it down as to who smokes, who doesnt, who likes cats, who's a dog person.. my question was based purely on looks alone, everyone else drug personality into it.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

because my question was based purely on looks alone, everyone else drug personality into it.

And for some reason they think it's an argument.
  • suki_j
    suki_j Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Looks used to be important to me, but once I fell in love I found that they truly don't matter at all. When I first met my bf i had no attraction to him at all; now that I'm in love with him I can't get enough :P
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    How about healthy and nice?

^^^^ maybe its because I am in my 30's or maybe its because I have dated too many losers... I would rather someone who is healthy and kind and has their crap together over anything else. I am trying to be that person right now.

A good credit score is a plus too!

Must have a solid 401k too.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    smoking body of course!! but if the face is a freakin disaster....wellllllllllll....tuff one haha

That's what paper bags are for hahaha
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Yep...personality all the way...

I remember when I met my wife. We use to both dance in the same club. I sat on one side of a very long bar, and she was always across from me on the other side.

I remember saying to myself..."Man, her personality is fabulous". It took alot of time, but after a month or so I got the courage to go over and ask her personality to dance. She agreed...I could tell she thought my personality was awesome too. We began talking, and found out we a fair amount in common and actually liked each other...looking past our personalities of course.

That was 17+ years ago. Go figure!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

because my question was based purely on looks alone, everyone else drug personality into it.

That's my point, few want to appear that superficial and bring up personality as a way to deflect.

I would take pretty chubby, personally. I am most attracted to eyes and other facial features.
  • Emmerz85
    Emmerz85 Posts: 8
    Options
    My opinion is this:
    An 'attractive' person can have an ugly personality, thus making them ugly. An 'ugly' person can have a wonderful personality, making them attractive. I put these terms in '..' because I believe the terms 'attractive' and 'ugly' are relative. I don't believe looks should matter as much as they do in this society. I personally like my guys a little big, just what I like. Some men may like their women a little big. There's no right or wrong with this kind of stuff, we are all god's creation.
  • FedoraNinja
    FedoraNinja Posts: 45
    Options
    I would date me, because I have it all.

She does. She tucks it away at first and when you get her in the bedroom...SUPRISE!

Ahahaha, I'm just kind of envisioning a jack in the box here.
  • victorialkay
    Options
    Agree...also need a personality to go with looks though. I don't care how good they look it they don't have a good personality lol

Exactly. Looks don't matter.

I slightly disagree with what you say here. I am nowhere near shallow but I think you have to fancy your gal or fella a little to have sex (maybe it's just me). I'm just being honest. But personality is defo the biggest turn on anyway. I'm not saying they have to look this way or that way, not at all just think it matters a teeny tiny bit, maybe in the initial stages. i also think humour is a great turn on too!!!!!