Pregnancy 2010 - July

Options

Replies

• auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've take it with a couple of instructors and they are different. Some use the mic, some don't. They usually introduce a move then add the hip motions with it. They let you do it first before making more complicated. I've had some who face the mirror and some who face you. It's a fun class that really gets you moving and shaking like you don't usually shake! =)
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm back! My father in law passed away last Monday and we have been gone for over a week. He's where he wants to be, with his lovely wife and we celebrated his life. I have not logged in or exercise for about 2 weeks, so I need to get back on track. I hope everyone has a good day!
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    shoppingqueen: I going to try a Zumba class this week. Can you tell me a little about how your class is run? any advice for a first timer would be GREAT! Thanks in advance!

Hi there - First, go there and have fun! Don't worry about it if you don't get the steps right away, that comes with time. Most of the steps are pretty basic. Go on you tube and take a look at some Zumba videos to get an idea of how things look. You probably will want to stand in the back, but don't! Stand where you can see the instructor. The energy of the class all depends on the instructor. My instructor is crazy wild, but that's why I love her class. I've taken other classes where the attitude was more laid back. If that is the case, shake it more so you burn more calories. It's all about the hips and having fun!!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Thank shoppingqueen! I'm def gonna check out you tube!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    is anyone planning on a natural birth?
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    3.3lbs gain this week :-(

pre-pregnancy gain: 162
    current weight: 189.2
    pregnancy gain: 27.2lbs

I was actually much better at eating this week and walked for an hour and a half yesterday which is the extent of the exercise I've had in the last couple of weeks, so perhaps it's from not drinking enough water? errrrr
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    I'm up .5 this week. A total of 26 lbs weight gain so far. This baby girl is not settling down one bit. They say that in the 9th month the baby tends to not move as much because there is not much space. Not in my case, I swear she is doing Zumba in my belly!

I go to the doc tomorrow to start my first of the weekly appointments. The last 2 days I've been having some mild period like cramps in the lower region. I called the doc yesterday and she told me to drink more water, take 2 tylenol and lay on my left side. Get MORE fluids?!?!?! I already pee once every 15 minutes!! :laugh:

Oh and a tip for you future moms-to-be......When 9 months preggers don't eat a bunch of watermelon before bed.....makes for a LONG night. :laugh:
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

I'm hoping to....but my husband wants me to get an epidural "for his sake". Nice huh.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I have had my last two natural and plan on this one also. To be honest with my first one I expected the pain to be much worse--and almost got to the hospital too late because of it. Also counterpressure on the back works wonders, it pretty much dulled all the pain in the last stages. I also recommend any position other than on the back with your legs up. I tore horribly with my first that way. My son was born with me standing up. I will probably do that again. Gravity makes a difference.

Sorry if TMI
  • Caliwaters25
    Options

I kind of would like to have a natural birth but I know that I am a wimp so I will have the option of the Epidural just in case. I do plan on going as long as I can with active labor and have my Dr. tell me when my window is closing.

Weigh in
    Pre-Pregnancy weight 164 lbs
    Current Weight 168.9 lbs
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I'm up .5 this week. A total of 26 lbs weight gain so far. This baby girl is not settling down one bit. They say that in the 9th month the baby tends to not move as much because there is not much space. Not in my case, I swear she is doing Zumba in my belly!

I go to the doc tomorrow to start my first of the weekly appointments. The last 2 days I've been having some mild period like cramps in the lower region. I called the doc yesterday and she told me to drink more water, take 2 tylenol and lay on my left side. Get MORE fluids?!?!?! I already pee once every 15 minutes!! :laugh:

Oh and a tip for you future moms-to-be......When 9 months preggers don't eat a bunch of watermelon before bed.....makes for a LONG night. :laugh:

I have about level 5-6 menstral like cramps and low back pain for about 3 hours last night (until I fell asleep). I was considering calling my doc, but there was no other symptoms so I didn't want to worry about it until it continued. I haven't been great about drinking water and had walked for 1 1/2 hours earlier that day ... and witht he 3.3lbs weight gain I wonder if this is all water related too? I'll do my best to be much better about my intake this week.

I had started perineal massage last night and the cramping started after that, so I was wondering if it was related. Has anyone else done perineal massage? I found it super difficult to bend that far down! I could only do one hand and not two and only for half the time recommended so I don't know if it was even worth the effort. lol
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you ladies that are soo close! I enjoy reading about what's going on...that way I feel like I may know a little bit about what's going on when I get there! :laugh: You're going to be wonderful mothers! You're taking such good care of your bodies and babies now and they're not even here yet.... :flowerforyou: I hope the last bit of your pregnancy goes smoothly!
  • 00Angela00
    Options

I'm hoping to....but my husband wants me to get an epidural "for his sake". Nice huh.

I've been reading a book called "husband-coached childbirth" by Robert Bradley, which has been very interesting. He started the Bradley Method which apparently 90-something% of women who follow this method are able to go through with a natural childbirth.

I'm really really really wanting a natural childbirth after everything I've learned about the negative affects of epidurals on baby and mama, have you learned anything to help get you through a natural childbirth? I want all the tips I can get. :-D
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I have had my last two natural and plan on this one also. To be honest with my first one I expected the pain to be much worse--and almost got to the hospital too late because of it. Also counterpressure on the back works wonders, it pretty much dulled all the pain in the last stages. I also recommend any position other than on the back with your legs up. I tore horribly with my first that way. My son was born with me standing up. I will probably do that again. Gravity makes a difference.

Sorry if TMI

No that's prefect thank you :-) That's one reason I don't want an epidural because then you have no choice of positions and have to be on your back which, like you said, puts you at risk for tearing more, gravity works against you causing a longer labor, and your putting all the pressure on your tailbone putting you at higher risk for injury of the tailbone! *sigh I'm hiping to be able to do squating for the labor, but I really need to work on the flexibility of my achilles and strength of my legs! lol
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    prepregnancy weight: 140 lbs
    current weight: 170.5 lbs
    pregnancy gain: 30.5 lbs

I asked my doctor if I have gained too much weight, she thinks I'm right on track. My first appointment was at 8 weeks and that's what they are going by, but I think I have already gained a few ponds by that time. Anyway, I'm planning on a natural birth. I had one with my first and was in labor for 11 hours. My second was induced and I had an epidural, I was in labor for 3 hours only, but hated the after effects. The baby was fine, but I had the shakes and fever for days.
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

I've been reading a book called "husband-coached childbirth" by Robert Bradley, which has been very interesting. He started the Bradley Method which apparently 90-something% of women who follow this method are able to go through with a natural childbirth.

I'm really really really wanting a natural childbirth after everything I've learned about the negative affects of epidurals on baby and mama, have you learned anything to help get you through a natural childbirth? I want all the tips I can get. :-D

I haven't read much about it, but I have talked with a few people who's opinion I respect. My hubby just doesn't want to see me in that much pain. I get it, but in the end it's my body that this human being is exiting...I think I have more say. I'm going with the flow of all of this. I feel if I read too much I'll freak myself out. I still feel prepared.
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

Sorry if TMI

No that's prefect thank you :-) That's one reason I don't want an epidural because then you have no choice of positions and have to be on your back which, like you said, puts you at risk for tearing more, gravity works against you causing a longer labor, and your putting all the pressure on your tailbone putting you at higher risk for injury of the tailbone! *sigh I'm hiping to be able to do squating for the labor, but I really need to work on the flexibility of my achilles and strength of my legs! lol

Just enough info :)
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    There are so many different things you can do to help natural birth. First of all decide that you can do it. If you want to do it, and you know you can you can. Second of all breathe. When the contractions come breathe through them, massage your belly and have hubby or someone put pressure on your back or even push against your knees as you are sitting. Moving around makes a difference too, find a position that works best for you. I sat on the side of the bed for my last one, I knelt at the side of the couch for the one before. Take a warm shower or bath. The shower was what helped me feel the most relaxed and helped with the pain. Figure out what helps you relax and feel calm. After you are dilated to a seven it is all down hill from there. I have a friend who didn't get an epidural in time and so had to go natural. She said she would never do it again because the baby crowning was the worst pain ever. For me it wasn't bad. But don't be afraid to be vocal and let it all out, the idea is to not hold on to anything but to allow the baby to come! (I think I surprised my hubby buy how vocal I was, but I was in a zone, I don't remember much :tongue: ) I have to admit it is really nice to not have a catheter and be able to walk right after giving birth too....:flowerforyou: Good luck all of you!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I stumbled across this while browsing the "recently updated" on my lunch break at work! It's nice find people with similar goals! My son will be 5 on September 9th and I am 7lbs from pre-pregnacy weight. My husband and i plan on TTC starting in January before he leaves on a 6-8month deployment. I'd like to reach my weight loss goal on or before my son's 5th birthday and then spend the next few months just toning and maintaining (and enjoying) my body and lifestyle before i throw it for another loop by getting preggo! Congrats to all you new moms and soon to be new moms! I can't wait to be where you are, I have SERIOUS baby fever!!!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - I wanted to drop in and say hello - I miss you.

You ladies are glowing! I can feel the excitement through the computer.

Angela - I'm with you natural birth - from everything I've learned at school, I don't think I could have drugs without feeling some serious guilt. But that's my personal opinion, I know it's different for everyone :)

Take care and don't be strangers!