27, never married and no kids?

Options
Am I weird? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people people having babies or marriage. but I'm starting to get the feeling that I am the odd man out on this site. Anyone else want to be friends with a single chick with no kids who gained her weight through bad eating and not getting out of bed? =)

Everyone reading this, have a glorious day =)

Replies

• Trusten83
    Trusten83 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nah you're fine. I'm 30 no kids. Never married. It'll happen when it happens.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Lol no. I think everyone is different. Some people are happy by getting married/having kids younger, some older and some not at all. There's no right way to do anything since we are all different =) I'm 24 and not planning on having children till I'm around 29 or 30 (need to find a guy first though XD)
  • katyconser
    katyconser Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    friend request sent! nothing wrong with us... not because of those stats, anyway :drinker:
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with your choices. I'm 36, never married, and have 0 interest in ever having children. Some people are supportive and respect my choices and others don't get it.

Never do anything simply because it seems like it's what society expects of you. Live your life your way and try to enjoy it as much as you can.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am 25, never married without kids...Feel free to add me.. if you want!
  • dez_yaoichan
    dez_yaoichan Posts: 454
    Options
    26 this august, no kids, single. too much time working and hating the place I live. I want to move back to my hometown before settling down but bills are a little too high for that right now lol.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have a cat, I'm 1/4 on my way to being an old cat lady lmao totally ok with that =)
  • roadmapmaker
    roadmapmaker Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and married 26 years without chillins. Dont know whose going to put me in the nursing home or pull the plug. Have lots of nieces and nephews however.

I know what you mean. Its hard to find others socially in the same spot. Now most are the empty nesters!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Haha I'll be 30 in July, never married, no kids, not even a pet :P
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Yes thats weird. You should have kids.. Here you can have my teenagers and my husband, and I'll be 34 with no kids in your place to protect you from the weirdness.

In all seriousness, you are not weird, there is nothing wrong with not having kids or getting married yet, or ever if you so choose.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    34 here!! lol...no kids! i have a sweet puppy though :heart:
  • QuietRain
    QuietRain Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm 26 [27 in a few days] never married [in a long relationship], and no kids [rather go get my teeth pulled for all eternity, than have a kid]
    Add me if you'd like.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    27 not married, no kids as well and I dont think we are weird
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    30. no kids, no desire to change that. :drinker:
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! I feel better, usually I feel left out as most of my friends list talk about their kids or families or prom. And I'm like, I got this awesome smelling shampoo lol
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I got married at 29 and had my 1st baby at 31, so I think I was an old maid...LOL!
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, but I don't plan on getting married or having children in the future. I could use some childless people on my friends list too! I have nothing against anyone who wants to get married or have kids, many of them have been very supportive friends, but it would be nice to have some friends who lead a similar lifestyle!
  • likethe309
    likethe309 Posts: 26
    Options
    I saw this topic on my sidebar and thought it was about me for a second.

I like being 27, not married, and no kids. If something happens in the future, it happens. but I'm happy with my life.
  • Nicole65
    Nicole65 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 30 and I'm single with no kids.... have a puppy and that's plenty for the time being.
  • PippaH101
    PippaH101 Posts: 2
    Options
    27, never married and no kids, I don't even have an ex-fiancé which it seems everyone has these days! Don't sweat it, use the freedom you have to make last minute decisions and explore life without having to worry about what anyone else thinks about it!!