SIZE ZERO!!!!!

Replies

• WhaddoWino
    WhaddoWino Posts: 146 Member
    I want to look strong. I want to run marathons. I want to kick *kitten* as needed. Given the size of my skeleton, I doubt I could accomplish any of this at Size 0.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    okay, the size zero trend hit the fashion industry and never really faded..... Do you think size zero is a healthy possibility? and can anybody with willpower attain it? my opinions are, yes, size zero is a healthy possibility and i think anybody can attain it (look at bebo, man!)
    What do you think?

I think that STRONG IS THE NEW SKINNY! http://sophieologie.wordpress.com/2013/05/12/strong-is-the-new-skinny-pg/

Check out this girl's story. She starved herself down to a size zero. But she was weak and cranky and miserable. Then she learned how to be STRONG. In the pic below she is a weak size 0 on the left and a healthy strong size 2 on the right. Do you think she cares she is not a size 0 anymore? :flowerforyou:

SIZE 0 <
    > SIZE 2
    [Edit: Sorry the pic is too big. You'll just have to read the article! :wink: ]
    skinnyblgo5.jpg
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    I'm a size zero. At least on the bottom. I'm short though, only 5'2", and I'm a distance runner, so I tend to have very low body fat. Shirts and tops I tend towards a size 2 though as I've got slightly wider shoulders from years of swimming training and the 0's just won't fit right.

I'm almost 33 years old though (3 more weeks...ugh). I don't actually give much of a crap about fitting into a "size 0" or having a "thigh gap" etc. I like to think I'm a bit old to be worrying myself about that kind of thing. As long as I'm fit and healthy. It just so happens that given my current state of being, I happen to be wearing a size 0.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    I'm wearing a size 0 skinny jeans right now as I type this. But they are pretty stretchy, and I like a snug fit. Most brands I'd be a 2, I think.
  • rdrettig1
    rdrettig1 Posts: 62 Member
    I think it depends on your body type. When I'm pretty lean I'm wear a size 1 in jeans. But I have a really small frame. I have a friend that has a lower body fat percentage than me but wears a 5. There is no way she could wear a zero. And she looks amazing.
  • RmYWarrioR
    RmYWarrioR Posts: 36 Member
    It depends on your goals and what you will look like wearing the size zero. For a lady 5'7" or taller it might be too thin. I think that 135 and heavier at 5'2" is too heavy. I think pants/shorts size goes along with height and short be proportionate. I know plenty of ladies that are size zero and look HEALTHY and GREAT. I think there are good many jealous people here and it does show in the message boards. If you are working to a goal great, if you are struggling ................ look in the mirror and get it right.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    okay, the size zero trend hit the fashion industry and never really faded..... Do you think size zero is a healthy possibility? and can anybody with willpower attain it? my opinions are, yes, size zero is a healthy possibility and i think anybody can attain it (look at bebo, man!)
    What do you think?

NO.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    It doesn't mean that you're not healthily fit. It just depends on your body. I wear size zero and size one jeans, but I'm much heavier than I should be, but my body naturally fits in it.

But society's view of zero is so extreme.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Size zero today was a size 5/6 30 years ago. It's just a label. I don't think much about the size of the clothes I buy, but I worry about how they look and feel.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Two years ago, I was thrilled to the bone when I tried on a pair of size 4 jeans and they fit. I wanted to keep the tag on them. :laugh: I understand that wearing a small size makes you feel good.

But really... it's meaningless. Buy what fits and flatters and ignore the tag. I've gone into stores wearing size two jeans, and bought a pair of size 8 that fit exactly the same. I've taken multiple sizes into the dressing room, in the same brand and style, and had smaller sizes fit looser than larger sizes.

I've known people who worked in the garment industry (dress factories used to be a thriving industry around here) who admitted that sometimes they put whatever tag they had left on whatever garment they had left. They were paid piece-rate, not by the hour, so the more they finished, the more they earned. They weren't going to take the time to make sure everything was perfect. I can't imagine that's changed.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    here's my thought on this. While I didn't strive to be a zero, I won't apologize for it. I am fit and healthy and could care less what anyone else thinks, as their opinions are not my business. That being said, I also don't worry with what size others are wearing, but can only hope they are healthy and above all, happy.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Not going to happen! I have zero interest in looking like a walking skeleton. I'm a 16 now and family think it's time to stop. I will aim for 12. I want to be healthy, not "skinny"

That's so nice of you to say to those of us who do wear a size zero. Thank you for the compliment and motivation.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    here's my thought on this. While I didn't strive to be a zero, I won't apologize for it. I am fit and healthy and could care less what anyone else thinks, as their opinions are not my business. That being said, I also don't worry with what size others are wearing, but can only hope they are healthy and above all, happy.

Exactly. The post I quoted above wants us to do just that - apologize for it.

She can bite me - seriously.
  • dannyXoxo
    dannyXoxo Posts: 60 Member
    I'm only going to be a size 0 if there's famine in the land...

Agreed :p

um, no. I don't want anyone to apologize for anything. I want everyone to be healthy and happy in their skin. Period.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    What do you think?

My aunt is a size 0 and sometimes a 00. She is naturally thin and could eat a house. Only recently have I noticed a little spare tire forming but that is expected since she's finally over the age of 50. My mom, (her sister) andI are on the other side of that spectrum. We are both over the size 16. I think genetics and lifestyle are to blame however I will never be a 0. Hell, I dont think I will ever be a single digit size again!
  • kmccormick42
    kmccormick42 Posts: 78 Member
    Have to respectfully disgree on the "easy to get to size 0 if you're short". It's not nor would I want to. I'm 5'0 and weighing in now at 109 (having lost 50 lbs since last summer). I'm in a petite 4/6 and wouldn't want to go lower. When I was once a size 0 in my early 20's, I was happy with it. However, now I look back on those photos and think I looked really bony. And I"m not coming down on the size zero's out there. If you're happy & healthy, that's what matters, but my body seems to want to stay this size. I've been holding here for weeks and couldn't be happier.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

um, no. I don't want anyone to apologize for anything. I want everyone to be healthy and happy in their skin. Period.
    I think this was referring to a different quoted post, not the one actually quoted.

I think this was referring to a different quoted post, not the one actually quoted.

I was wondering about that, but it was a quote of my quote, so I was confused.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

I was wondering about that, but it was a quote of my quote, so I was confused.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense if she means you. I think she was quoting to agree with you.