how you got fat?

Options

Replies

• QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    Laziness to cook, so fast food almost everyday and of course, Alcohol! :drinker:
  • Diana8923
    Diana8923 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mji1xs1bMO1qfgb83o2_250_zps73ed0da4.giftumblr_mji1xs1bMO1qfgb83o1_250_zps35acd81a.gif

hahaha! exactly my point!
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I broke my hips when I was 14, was on traction for a month and ate so badly. I went from a dress size 10 to a ladies dress size 18 and it all went down hill from there. I couldn't exercise due to my accident and I would only eat late at night after school/work/college. I had my second child and ballooned to size 22.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Eating too much and boozing too much :drinker:
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mji1xs1bMO1qfgb83o2_250_zps73ed0da4.giftumblr_mji1xs1bMO1qfgb83o1_250_zps35acd81a.gif

:laugh: so much this!!
  • hayzeus1216
    Options
    I got fat through:

Injury
    Depression
    Laziness
    Lack-tivity
    Finding comfort through food
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    There were a lot of contributing factors but in the end it boiled down to the hard truth I had become a victim of a trap dug and designed by my own hands.

Life will always have problems and downfalls, for me its about taking responsibility to deal with life, in fact live it instead of becoming a victim of circumstance.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    1. Laziness
    2. Binge eating
    3. Excuses x 100
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I moved and developed a very active social life in which I'd always be out at events with tons of food, drink a lot, and so on.
  • tiptoe_marc
    tiptoe_marc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    nutella...... oh so good.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    in this order
    wrong choices in food and great amounts of chocolate as a teen with little exercise
    lots of alcohol
    pregnancy
    not exercising after pregnancy
    2nd pregnancy
    comfort eating because i was miserable about being fat with zero exercise
    3rd pregnancy
    hit close to 300lbs and decided to lose weight.......
    4th pregnancy (sods law been on diet about 2 weeks when i found out)
    didn't use pregnancy as an excuse to gain any more weight though, my daughter was born 18th october and i started to diet the following 1st january
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I got fat originally because I ate whatever I wanted, and that was obviously way over my TDEE.

Back in 2008/2009, I got fat again because of emotional eating. I was in an abusive relationship that ended badly, and I ate to compensate for all the "good" emotions I was missing out on. And then I started going out with my current husband, and I continued to eat emotionally because I was so happy.

My fat gain had nothing to do with laziness or lack of exercise. I have always been into working out. I played baseball, football, and tennis growing up, and then more recently, I do swimming, running, biking, and weight lifting. I didn't always exercise to attempt weight loss, I've just always enjoyed being active.

And because food is my biggest hurdle, that's why I am here on MFP. Without tracking my food and planning my meals, I will most likely gain weight again.
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Lazy
    Addicted to television
    Addicted to eating junk
    Addicted to eating junk while watching television
    Not enough structure in my after school life.
    Lack of discipline... My parents allowed me to watch way too much TV.
    My diet was mostly Pizza & Hotdogs everyday after school because nobody was home to cook me food. Microwave/Oven everything.
    Depression
    Various points in my life I moved around a lot & didn't have friends.

Thats the main ones I figure. lol. These all started to gradually change and go away as I got older.
    None of these are factors in my life, anymore.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Comfort eating, bad role models growing up and not being taught anything about proper nutrition, laziness, boredom eating
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Big portion sizes, junk food and lack of exercise.
    ^^^^THIS^^^^ :mad:
  • weightwatcher_girl
    weightwatcher_girl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Too many takeaways
    No exercise, not even much walking
    Too much alcohol
    Lots of chocolate/biscuits while studying

...I really regret it all and wish I'd been more educated about everything. But oh well, I'm almost back to where I was so there's no point in dwelling on what happened. And all those takeaways were nice at the time ;)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy, the only times I've ever put on excess weight...made sure I lost it all after each baby though.
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    1) Eating the same portion sizes as my DH (who is a foot taller than I)
    2) Full-time caregiving for two disabled children and one disabled adult
    3) Depression
    4) Not working out due to 2 and 3

I gained the last 10 lbs back by not working out (new work schedule, new trainer, etc) and not watching my food amounts but just trying to eat cleaner. Back to the food scale I go.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    ALL OF THE BACON.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Bad diet
    No exercise
    Alcohol
    Lack of nutritional education (which I have now taught myself!)