Potatoes Good Or Bad?

Options
12346»

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    POTATOES R FINE TO EAT IN MODERATION, THE THING WITH WHITE POTATOES IS THEY ARE EMPTY CALORIES WHEREIS A SWEET POTATOE HAS VITAMINS AND NUTRIENTS

White potatoes are not "empty calories". A large russet potato has about 165 calories, 50% of daily Vitamin C, 25% daily fiber, 33% potassium, 10% iron, and 5 grams of protein. Sweet potatoes are also nutritious.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Certain people tell me they are good, some tell me they are bad. I've been staying away from them but they are my weakness. I am not eating them like usual by no means. No butter, no oil, no milk. This is the second time I have had them since I began my journey. The way I have been making them is pan fried with no oil just a little water and olive oil spray on the pan with a little salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning. Are they ok if you have in moderation? Or just a no in all? and the way I am making them is that bad? I know this may be a stupid question but I am still trying to learn good and bad. Thanks for reading :)

You may find the following link an interesting read :)

http://www.healthy-start.net/the-mighty-potato/#more-162
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    One medium potato is about 100 calories. Leave the skin on and they're a good source of fiber. They also contain Vitamin C. Everything in moderation.

I agree completely. I eat mine baked with butter, salt and pepper. :) Potatoes also have a lot of potassium.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes are better than baked potatoes!

Especaily since you can eat all the sweet potatoes you want since their healthy and regular potatoes are not.

Uhm. No.

Its true! Regular potatoes are white and you should avoid white food because its bad for you.

Why is my 8 year old on MFP? z, get off the Internet! You know the rules! LOL.

Your not very nice.

Someone asked about purple potatoes. Is purple white? No so purple potatoes would be ok. Except that their not real.

hmmm wtf did i eat in that potato medley then...
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    One medium potato is about 100 calories. Leave the skin on and they're a good source of fiber. They also contain Vitamin C. Everything in moderation.

I agree completely. I eat mine baked with butter, salt and pepper. :) Potatoes also have a lot of potassium.

my sister doesn't like potatoes, but she eats the potato skins. My dad would always give them to her at dinner time.
  • TLow97
    TLow97 Posts: 55
    Options
    I just got turned on to sweet potatoes over the weekend. Funny, my mom used to make sweet potato pie as a kid and I NEVER touched the stuff... ugh, now I'm curious, lol!

But yeah, pretty sure potatoes in general gotta be put on a leash when it comes to watching the food intake.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Especaily since you can eat all the sweet potatoes you want since their healthy and regular potatoes are not.

Uhm. No.

Its true! Regular potatoes are white and you should avoid white food because its bad for you.

SMH
    :noway:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Uhm. No.

Sounds legit!

What about purple potatoes?

Red ones?

(I love you)
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    PORTATERS ARE BAD. WHY DOES VEGGEBALS NEED EYES? IT LIVE IN THE GROUND YOU CAN'T SEE IN THE DIRT. WHY DOES IT GROW ROOTS EVEN WHEN ITS IN MY CABBINET?

Burt, Stop yelling. The potatoes need eyes so they can see you and keep track of your movements. It's because they know we are learning to avoid them because they are bad. They watch and when you begin to read about how bad they are, they do things to you. Stop reading this now!