27, never married and no kids?

Options

Replies

• michellechawner
    Options
    I'm 27.5 and not married no kids.

And I hate it, because I want a family of my own. But my boyfriend needs to finish school first (his priority, not mine). I say we can do school and marriage, but he doesn't want to.

SO... IT's a long engagement and I just deal with it. Meanwhile all my friends are having kids and getting married, so in that aspect I'm the odd man out out of all my friends.
  • RoseRoiz
    RoseRoiz Posts: 95
    Options
    Every one is different, I got married at 19 gave birth to my first child at 31 and second one at 34 I wanted to enjoyed life with my husband first, and We did not have any $$ LOL!!
  • megbee617
    megbee617 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    25, not married, no kids... I don't have the $$ or resources for a wedding or to support a child. Maybe someday?
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I was 27 when I had my first girlfriend.

Unfortunately, women are up against the old biological clock. If you are planning on having children, by 30 you should be having a plan for that. Between 30 and 40 your fertility rates decline a lot, and your chances of problems go up.
    Yeah...most women I know who had a "plan" to have kids before 30 ended up settling for guys they didnt even like that much and were divorced before 40 (and are currently single parents in the dating pool).
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Yeah...most women I know who had a "plan" to have kids before 30 ended up settling for guys they didnt even like that much and were divorced before 40 (and are currently single parents in the dating pool).

Biology is a *****.

Steve
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

Biology is a *****.

Steve
    :laugh: So is childbirth, or so I hear.... not that I'm interested in finding out at this point :noway:

I guess to each his (or her) own...but I'm thinking having kids because you feel pressure from society or rushed into it because your 'clock" is ticking is way more selfish than those who choose not to have any so they can live a fun, carefree life.
  • spaghetti1983
    Options
    30, never married, no kids. I travelled instead and have lived abroad from home for five years (going home next year, already decided). Decided to try having my own life before I did something that handed it over to someone else ;)

Being a woman, the pressure is a lot higher - and after I turned 30 I suddenly felt like I'm no longer of 'marriageable age'. Rubbish, of course, but that's the cultural sexism we all enjoy daily.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I didn't get married until I was 37. Had my kid at 39. You got plenty of time!

(People used to ask me why I was single - BECAUSE I DIDN'T SETTLE!)
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    32, not married (in a relationship thou) and no kids. 27 is no age to worry about these things. When we're young we spend more time with people getting to know them and things take time. I have progressed more in the last year with my new partner than I did with my ex in 9 and half years. It won't be long till we're married, kids and all that jazz. Things move quicker when you're older and know what you want.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, 1 kid destined to be an only child, and anti marriage.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, and have never even been in a serious relationship, and never had a real kiss other than pecks haha. No kids (and don't want kids!). I think sometimes I want to be in a relationship, then quickly realize that I don't want to be haha.
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 27, never married, no kids. And to be honest, I don't even wanna have kids or get married - ever.

Sending you a friend request :)
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    Yes thats weird. You should have kids.. Here you can have my teenagers and my husband, and I'll be 34 with no kids in your place to protect you from the weirdness.

In all seriousness, you are not weird, there is nothing wrong with not having kids or getting married yet, or ever if you so choose.

^This, but you get a 2 year old, a female teenager, and a 7 year old boy. Now, my husband is really handy, so that will be a bonus! Let me know!! lmao
  • saleh1988
    saleh1988 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i sooooooo old just start 25 no ****ing kid no wife
  • genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    Options
    30 here, no kids, never married. In a serious relationship, though. I'm a pretty happy person, I just wanted to spend my 20's being selfish and basically unattached! And it was awesome, I have no regrets.

Some people just make different choices along the way, so don't listen to anyone who tells you that the way you live your life is weird or wrong. :)
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    I only have two people that ask me these dreaded questions thankfully. I've an abundance of nieces & nephews & a man I wouldn't mind never marrying. I'm good. (:
  • FunnyBunnyHunny
    FunnyBunnyHunny Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have a cat, I'm 1/4 on my way to being an old cat lady lmao totally ok with that =)

Is it the cats or the age that makes you an old cat lady? Because if it's the age, I'm 1/4 of the way. If it's the number of cats, them I'm 3/4 of the way. LOL.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I was exactly like you until I hit 29 then that damn bio clock started ticking. I mean I literally thought human babies were nothing but damn parasites. I gained the weight all on my own, LOL!
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I guess to each his (or her) own...but I'm thinking having kids because you feel pressure from society or rushed into it because your 'clock" is ticking is way more selfish than those who choose not to have any so they can live a fun, carefree life.

I don't think it's selfish, it's just one of those things where you have a limited amount of time to do something. And the sad reality is if you ever think you might want to have children, by 30 you better be making those plans because most women's fertility declines greatly between 30 and 40.

By age 35 your chances of conceiving per month are cut in half.

I heard an article a while ago that lots of women are being lulled into a false sense of hope by the much publicized cases of women who have babies much later in life. What they don't realize is that this is often the result of spending a lot of money and that they happen very rarely.

Women get the short end of the biological stick.
  • capricorn_dude95
    Options
    I don't think their is anything wrong with you, either you don't won't kids or now isn't the right time, no big deal! Most of my friends do not want to have children either for various reasons, and that does not make them any less of a person!!! some of the moms out there who are terrible a should not even be mothers considering all of the ones who would make amazing mothers but don't have the oppertunity to have children, you're awesome!!!