WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST

Options

Replies

• mynyddisamrs
    Options
    :flowerforyou: G'day folks .....

A quick nip in here as we're waiting for mum to come home from her day centre. I need to practice getting the wheelchair up the ramps and into the kitchen so DH is not allowed to go off to work yet!

I forgot to say ...Zumba class yesterday was good. I felt that surely the scales would've been back to 151.5lbs ...:ohwell: apparently no one told the scales that and they still say 153lb!!!

:happy: We had a great day ...shopping and out for lunch. I've logged the food ...how many calories for lunch?????? Still as mum has been fed at the home I have not put anything else down for today other than an alpen Bar!! I am however well within the calories still ...will it make a difference? We'll see tomorrow!

:smokin: I think that maybe I'm ready ...arm & shoulder wise to start the dance DVD's again !! If we practice in the next few weeks we shouldn't forget the Salsa moves for our cruise dancing!...don't bet on it!!!

:smile: Oh well ....the taxi's back ...peace has been shattered!
    BFN
    :heart: Jackie
  • mimi7grands
    Options
    Just a quick check-in. I'm dying to sit down, read, and respond to all your posts but life has been too busy the last couple of days. Dang. I miss doing that. Be prepared for a long post later :laugh: . I'm going this morning to pick up my grandmother's writing desk from my aunt. (She was married to my mom's brother, who died 2-1/2 years ago.) I'm very happy to get it. I can picture my grandmother sitting there, writing.

My aunt lives about an hour and a half away. By the time we get there, visit, get back, and go to the gym (yay!!!), the day's going to be pretty much gone. I've got to go get $4 in quarters for Kate's (DGD) birthday too. It's actually my mom's gift to her, but easier for me to do. She turns 4 tomorrow. The quarters will be one of her favorite gifts judging by Olivia's reaction to the $6 in quarters she got 2 weeks ago. Jealousy raged between the two of them for at least a week!

I am so happy to have you in my life. It is richer and fuller because of you. Thanks for all the encouragement and support. I'm looking forward to having a chance to "talk" with you.

:flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • ainslieglen
    Options
    :happy: Hey there!

Another beautiful day forecast for the West Coast. I love summer!

Welcome Peggy.....You'll be happy here with this terrific group of women:happy:

Laura....You are so right that each new day or month offers us an opportunity to succeed. Great news about your tests.Your numbers are really good. BTW: My daughter, SIL, and two grandkids just returned Sunday from a holiday in Paris, Brunate and Rome....and they had wine every day! They enjoyed the way wine was just an accessory to meals.:bigsmile: They found it a very civilized custom. OH! ME TOO!.......ME TOO!:glasses: I am SO civilized:smokin: I can just see me in a Paris Cafe...YES!!

Hello Bec....Being a grandmother just gets better and better:heart:

Jackie....You have such a great sense of humor! I love how you cope with the daily expectations of your responsibilities with a wry irony.....WTG:happy:

Hi Barb(weaklink)...Thanks for your Doggie stories. I feel like I know them.:happy:

Michele.....I'm with you.....the boob squish is torture:sad:

Amanda....At my last check up, Dr. G asked when I might stop smoking. I told him "probably never, because it took me all these years to become so good at it)....However...I AM thinking seriously about it. Thanks for the idea of nagging me:noway:

SuezzQ......Sophie sounds like a keeper!:love:

Everyone have a happy, healthy day ....Love to you all:flowerforyou: Elizabeth
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe how quickly we get to so many pages. I just sat and read them and wish I could respond to each of you, BUT, I am technically challanged. I love seeing pictures.
    Now our fun begins as the wedding draws near. I dropped off 2 flower girls dresses to be pressed. Melissa had highlights touched up. We went to florist and finalized everything. Spoke with lady in charge of reception venue. I was given the name of a womer who bakes amazing cookies, I talked to her and ordered a few dozen of her specialty. This we found out is unique to Western PA, at our weddings you always have a cookie table. All cookies are home-made and you provide bags for guests to take some home. Melissa MIL2be is making some, I am, 2 of my sisters, and a friend. I am waiting till next Monday to start mine. I am taking a week of work to get ready for the big day. This Saturday, I have asked Melissa to make no plans and let me have her for the day. We will shop, eat, and maybe go to a movie. I just want this last time to be the 2 of us. DH will be babysitting all 4 kids by himself, but he is great. If any of you have any ideas of a memory maker please post. We are thinking of taking a bike ride, but if I do that I am always so sweaty.
    I cannot believe how organized we are. It seems we should be panicked, but everything is done and in place.
    Have a great day, I will certainly be posting pictures.
    Waiting to hear from DD heart doctor. He is feeling faint for the last 2 days and is worried. I came home after work instead of babysitting so I can take him in if they want to see him.
    I hope someday that I will get to meet some of you in person. Thank you friends (and new ones), you are so important to me.
    linda
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!!

Welcome Newbies!!

Laura,
    The only "test" my dad has will be a retest of his driving skills, which I hope happens soon, as I would really like him to quit while he is ahead.

Debbie,
    Sorry life is throwing lots of stuff at you. Maybe it will improve, but with 10 kids, and 29 grands....not likely. Sorry:flowerforyou:

Hopefully a quiet day around here. Got all the errands run for my parents. The clouds are burning off slowly, and it is supposed to be in the upper 70's today. I am holding at my lowest weight. Lots of things that should be done in the house, so that means I better find something else to do QUICK!!:noway: !:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Doggies are all snoozing elsewhere in the house, so I don't have to fight Pepper for lapspace for my computer. That's a switch. Mai Li's leg is healing nicely, since she has decided to stop slurping on it all day long.

Just saw an unbelievable story on the noon news that we get from a Seattle station. About 9 days ago, a woman was base jumping--you know, that normal rational activity of placing a parachute on your back and jumping from a high place?:laugh: In this case, it was a mountain. Her parachute failed to open and she perished.

So on Monday, a man who had never base jumped before, according to the news story, climbed the same mountain by himself to make a "memorial jump" and in the evening, he jumped off. His parachute got caught, and there he dangled--for TWELVE hours!!:huh: :noway: :noway: :noway: At great risk to themselves, a crew of rescuers responded to his cell phone call. He was rescued and taken to a nearby town by helicopter, where he refused medical treatment, and went on his way. He was sitting in a restaurant in the town, and the police came and arrested him. I know what you are thinking, but --No, you can't get arrested for STUPIDITY!!!:laugh: :laugh: It seems after his rescue, someone figured out he had a warrant for his arrest on another charge, so he got to finish his lunch in the slammer!!:noway:

If you want to read a story about his adventure, here is a link:

http://www.thekathrynreport.com/2010/08/base-jumper-on-mount-baring-freed-by.html

Well, it isn't nearly that exciting at my house, so I think I will go see what those doggies are up to.

BFN

Barb

PS. Elizabeth "Step away from the cigarette".....well, you SAID we should nag you about it!!!:bigsmile:
  • mimi7grands
    Options
    I’d just finished my last post when my aunt called. She had an emergency (a car registration problem - wouldn’t be an emergency to me and needed to reschedule) so I have the luxury of sittin’ back and reading and responding to all your posts. A nice way to start the day!

I’m still on a high after exercising for almost 1-½ hours yesterday and 2 hours the day before. My hips and knees don’t like it much but my DD tells me that will get better as the muscles around them grow stronger. I sure do like the idea of being stronger and firmer. Nothing, short of surgery, will help the jiggly skin but muscles always look good.

I’ve lost weight everywhere but not so many inches around my waist. I keep thinking “Gut ‘n’ Butt.” I’ve saved it on my computer desktop and it’s calling me, “Mimi, Mimi, where are you?”

Robin, how’d the family reunion (or not) go? Sounds like a tough day either way. Congrats on your renewed commitment. With the discipline you bring to the table (so to speak), you should do great. I’m rooting for you!

Bec, good for you for sticking it out – and seeing the results. Your mom sounds like quite a gal. She’d be proud of you. I know what it’s like being the one whose weight goes up and down (mostly up) in a family of perpetual skinnies.

My brother, at age 54, is a US champion free diver (snorkeling), my dad, got his first hole-in-one at age 84, my mom we call the Energizer Bunny for obvious reasons, and so on, and so on, ad infinitum. Now that I’m eating healthy foods and starting to get into exercise, I see the reason for the difference. We can do it too!

Pamela, congrats on your progress. You’re doing really well. I get a smile on my face every time I see that someone’s tried getting more veggies or fruit in their diet. Keep on that track…it will make a big difference to how good you feel about what you are eating. I say “No” to diets that make you hungry! And “Yes” to those that make you feel spoiled and indulged (in a good way, of course. I vote for spoiled and indulged over deprived any day.

Barb, I’m excited about getting to see you! I love meeting so many nice women through MFP and love it even more meeting them in person. I’m looking forward to it. I’m glad Mai Li’s problem was an abscess not a tumor. Much more treatable for much less money.

I’m sad for your friend but what a nice way to go when you’re 90 plus. I hope she finds a new client soon. You do sound like a good matchmaker. I’ll bet Roscoe will soon have a nice new home with a companion to play with.

You did great on getting your weight loss into gear again. You may not have completely met your goal, but 6 pounds is worth shouting about. You’re more than half way to your goal. Congrats!!!

Donna, thanks for the pics. Your daughter and granddaughters are all cuties. I hope you got some good pics on Sunday too. I have my fingers crossed for you to fit into your wedding dress. 2-½ weeks should be enough time.

Just read your later post. It is more expensive to buy healthy food, but so much better for you – your health and your spirits. I hope things come together for you financially so you can eat the way you need to. Your story about the yellow lab made me laugh. We used to have one. She suckered my standard poodle into escaping through our very old fence. After awhile, the poodle would come back, but Daphne would just keep going, loving to meet new friends. It usually took a phone call from some good Samaritan before I’d get her back.

Amanda, you and your girls are all gorgeous. I think the mom’s the most beautiful of all. You have come a long way in 80 pounds! It’s hard to believe we’re seeing the same person.

I had to look up numquam cede but guessed what it meant before I did. Winnie would be proud.

Your son is a handsome guy. Congrats to him on losing 40 pounds. He’s doing it at the right time of his life. Seeing how well you’re doing must inspire him. Your DH is a hunk too and it’s hard to look good in those pics taken from lower down! I avoid those at all costs. They show every chin! BTW, which of your daughters is having the twins? That’s so exciting.

Elizabeth, me too! July was disappointing. We’ll make August OUR month! I didn’t know you’d quit smoking. Good for you!!!! Now you know how to do it, it will be easier next time. (It took me a few tries way back in the day, but I can’t imagine going back to it now.) You’re a trooper. Keep on keeping on. Before not know it that “formerly chunky ole broad” will be downright svelte.

Just read your post about sitting at the café in Paris, sipping wine. May I join you?! I’m sitting here with a silly grin on my face, thinking about it.

Barbie, Your new do is cute! It’s good to make a change. Every time I read your posts, I enjoy seeing those stars that show you’ve reached your goal weight. Even better to see how well you’re doing at maintaining. You’re an inspiration.

Cathy, it looks as though you’ve already gotten good advice on how to set “losing” goals. I’ve reached the point too where the weight loss is going to slow down unless I ramp up the exercise. It’s the bad news and the good news. I’ve never loved exercise but now I’m going to learn to love it! Good luck to you. We’re all in this together.

Jeannie, way to go on switching up the diet. It will be fun to see your progress. You did a great job while you were on vacation.

I love the long posts. You can tell. I certainly create enough of them! I figure anyone who’s too busy to read can easily skip to the next one.

MacMadame, it was good to hear from you. That calf injury sure is stubborn. I hope you can give it the TLC it needs in August. Not sleeping enough is no fun either. I feel like something the cat dragged in when I don’t get enough sleep. Good luck in tackling that one. You are doing great with your Ironman prep! It sounds like you got the best of the family genes!

Happy birthday! You don’t have to justify that iPad. Go ahead, be good to yourself.

Erica, You’re in the same financial boat as a lot of us, if that helps at all. (Probably not!) I hope things work out with the hours. Sounds like some politics are going on.

Michelle, re the Greek yogurt, I add a little stevia and some vanilla extract to turn it into a yummy treat and not bump up the calories. Honey is even more delicious but I’m stingy with the calories!

I like to snack on raw cauliflower, a little broccoli, a few carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers…hmm, that’s about it for veggies. I like fruit even better for raw snacking but the calorie count is a little higher. As far as roasting veggies, putting them in the fridge, then eating them…I don’t do that much. About the only roasted veggie I like left over is mini peppers. They’re good in wraps and sandwiches.

Last night, I roasted some mini peppers (425˚ for 20 minutes), green beans, and fresh corn (same temp but only 15 minutes). Delicious! I roast some veggies, like asparagus, at 475˚ for just 9 or 10 minutes. My oven is a little slow, so be sure you adjust the temps and times for your oven.

Randy asked how I was doing on protein. She pointed out that protein is a building block for muscle. I usually, but not always, get enough protein if you just count the grams but I’m not sure I get enough complete protein. I’ll pay more attention to combining the right things (e.g., beans with grains) and getting in high quality protein like milk, meat, and eggs. Now that I’m working out, I’ll need those muscles more than ever!

Cindy, hurray for taking just one taste of the popcorn. That was good willpower!

BC1, I like that, “Destined to be an old woman with no regrets.” It beats “When I’m an old lady I’ll wear purple with a red hat,” although I like that one too. I think I’ll go for a pedi later today and get turquoise polish on my toes! Why not!!!!

Barbara, Auguts, huh? I’m with you on doing Guts ‘n’ Butts this month. Have you done it yet? I’m screwing up my courage as I’m typing this.

Susan, maintaining is a huge victory. You are almost to your goal! It’s so nice to have company. It sounds like Sophie will be a good walking partner.

Doobie, To change your goals in your signature line, got to Community > Signature (instead of My Topics like you usually do). Then add whatever you’d like. Maybe add your dad’s saying about hitting that toad in the road. I like the idea of manageable goals.

Alice, hurray for the fresh veggies, measuring, and drinking plenty of water. You’re on the right track.

Hi Peggy. Welcome! You have come to a good place for friendship and support. You have a lot going on. That makes it especially to be good to yourself with exercise and healthy food. I know you’ll get lots of inspiration here. You’re giving yourself the best birthday present possible.

Your Girl’s Weekend sounds like fun. Those social occasions are always hard though. Take some healthy munchies, like veggies, hummus, etc., and you should do really well.

Laura, woo hoo. Approaching 120 is amazing. Just 2 pounds away. You can do it! Sounds like your test results were wonderful. A nice reward to healthy eating and exercise!

Jackie, the scale sometimes goes up and down willy nilly. Hang in there. You’re staying the course and that will show up on the scale in time. I’m glad you’re getting a chance to kick up your heels.

Viv, I’m glad your uncle’s feeling better. You’re a good niece. I got to spend a lot time with my uncle in his last few months and treasure all the memories he shared.

Debieanne, good to hear from you. You’ll find many good ideas here for getting on track. For me, in addition to the support from the people on this thread and weighing everything, the biggest difference has been eating lots of fruits and veggies. I started that in January. No more blood pressure meds now! I know you can do it too.

Hanna, this is a wonderful place for encouragement and support. Welcome!

Once again, sorry about the long post. Well, not really. I’m really only sorry not to have done a better job of responding more quickly. Just pretend this is lots of posts rolled up into one. You know I have a “thing” about leaving anyone out. Stems from my wallflower days I’m sure!

Love to you all.
    :heart:
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Linda,

You posted while I was writing my last "novella.":bigsmile: Just wanted to wish you every success with the upcoming wedding. As far as a memorable activity. If you decide that a sweaty bike ride isn't the answer, here is an idea. If you are a "crafty' person--no, I don't mean sneaky--I am referring to doing crafts. If there is a pottery studio around your area that lets people come in and do a project, then they fire it and you pick it up later, you could make something to commemorate the wedding, or the end of singlehood (for the bride) or whatever. You could still have a lunch together as well.

If the pottery studio idea isn't an option, if you have a Jo Ann's Fabrics, or a Michael's in your area, there are kits you can purchase for various kinds of do it yourself projects and many of them look like then can be completed in an afternoon. The last time I was in Jo Ann's they had unfinished bird houses that you could purchase and paint as you please.

You said something memorable, so I tried to think of an activity that you don't do every day, if ever.

Whatever you decide to do, hope you have a wonderful time.

Barb
  • mimi7grands
    Options
    Linda, same here - your post crossed mine in the ether. You sound like you're having a wonderful time with the wedding doings and are making things special for your daughter. You get a special star for that from me. :flowerforyou:

p.s. Do I get a prize for the longest post? Silly really, but I care about you all. I care even when I don't post, but want to include everyone when I can. You can always press the down arrow! :laugh:
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Mimi,
    So here I am AGAIN, since your post popped up after my last one. I wonder if I will ever get off my computer today!!:laugh: :laugh:

I am looking forward to seeing you at the end of the month when you visit my area.

Just saw another news story that is a sad commentary on the state of US health. According to the CDC (Center for Disease Control) There are now 9 states where more than 30% of the population is considered obese. That is an increase of 3 x's the number of states in the year 2000. The states weren't named. Here is a link to an article referring to the study:

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2010/08/03/CDC-9-states-have-30-percent-obese/UPI-33751280861249/

So, now I REALLY have to go do something besides post on this thread!!!

Barb
  • Angusowner
    Options
    Hello to all!
    I absolutely love these reading posts. You are all such strong women - whether you feel that way at the moment or not.

Donna - Don't you hate how our bodies can shift around weight? I bet that dress will be fine after 2 weeks of training your body whar goes where with exercise.

Michele - I also laughed at your mammo comment about "don't breath" - I didn't know I could! My other comment with which I have issues is : "Are you ok?" I do want to make some sarcastic retort or just say, "What do you think?" And yet, I return year after year.

Amanda - I move my goal everytime I lose 5 pounds. At first I said I wanted to lose 90, because it was not 100 and it was a round number. Now I have my over-all goal 98 lbs. It's like that carrot on the end of a stick, moving slowing farther.

Elizabeth - It is tough to quit smoking. I was a smoker years ago and LOVED IT even though I knew how bad it was for me! My husband is an attorney (small town gp and the county prosecutor - in a county of 14000 people and no 3 color stop lights! I love our life ( : ). When he took the bar exam and we were waiting for the results, I said, "Honey, you have worked so hard for this. I wish there was something I could do for you." He replied, "There is". Well, you can imagine what things were going through my head, and I can guarantee you it wasn't what he said when he told me, "Quit smoking". I could not say no. So, for 3 days I smoked like a fiend. In those days, the social security numbers of the people who did not pass the bar were posted 3 days after the test. As I stood there going over the list, cigarette in hand, I found myself hoping, just for a moment, that he had not passed! He did pass; I finished that cigarette, threw away the half a pack of unsmoked beauties, and quit cold turkey. It was during the summer, so I was off from teaching, which was good or I may have injured a child. Over 25 years later, we still refer to that summer as the "summer of hell".

Hannatrip - My husband is boarderline diabetic. He iis also doing MFP & has lost weight. His blood work is looking better & better! Good job for getting back to better health!

A few random things:
    *I met my goal yesterday - I did NOT go to Dairy Queen!
    *We have been redoing our kitchen. I now have a black wood floor. It camoflages our scottish terrier, so I am constantly losing him when he lies on the floor.
    *I am so glad fresh tomatoes are in season.
    *I am still looking for a good program if anyone knows something good out there. School is approaching, and I need a survival battle plan.

Have a wonderful rest of the day, all.
    Take care,
    Bec
  • Angusowner
    Options
    Just posted my long (but record, Mimi!) post & read the others that appeared while I was writing. I just had to comment on a couple of things:
    Linda: I live that idea about the cookies at the wedding. My daughter's wedding isin the very distant future, but hope I can remember that nice tradition.
    mim - I was so excited to see that you are off bp meds. That is one of my main health goals. It is so encouraging to hear that someone has done that! Thanks.

Now I really must exercise!
    Bec
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Bec,
    Regarding the BP meds. I had been on them for 9 years, and when I lost 50 lbs., my doctor said "bye bye meds" --so it CAN happen. Good luck.

BTW, had to laugh about your "missing Scottish Terrier." I have the same problem with Mai Li, (my avatar). In low light, when she lays on the carpet, she blends right in, which can be hazardous if I walk in from outside and my transition lenses haven't lightened up yet!!:noway: :laugh: :laugh:

Barb
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: Page 5!!!! and I haven't read a post for this month!!!! What a wonderful a supportive group!!! :love: I am working after being on vacation all last week and the name of the game is....."Catch up"! :noway: My computer got a horrible virus so I am setting up some of the software, I usually use, in a new computer! But I like my job so I'm happy being busy!:wink:
    I wish I could comment on the posts....but it's hard to.... when you haven't had time to read them!!!:laugh:
    So to everyone.....I pray that you have a wonderful August....ONE DAY AT A TIME!
    I joined MFP 1 year ago August 14 :flowerforyou: and I can't believe how my life has changed!:bigsmile: I just try to make healthier choices one day at a time...incorporate exercise and lots of water.:drinker: :drinker: ....the rest is history!:wink:
    I "think thin" instead of thinking like an over the hill, overweight "has been" ......and, as a result....I feel like I've been reborn! May sound "over the top"...but it's true! I don't even consider the possibility that I might go back to the way I used to be...because I simply THINK differantly...no matter what the circumstance! The FOOD wasn't the problem...it was my head.....and how I related to food! Once you figure where the problem has it's roots...you go THERE......and start making changes! As soon as I start thinking negative thoughts....I see a big red flag and step back and regroup! I fall....I get up! Bad things happen....I do my best to deal with them....but not eat over them!
    It's a wonderful and fulfilling journey and I appreciate, so much, all the love and support I've gotten from this web site.!:love:
    So one day at a time, one thought at a time and one bite at at time!!!:bigsmile:
    God Bless!
    BirdieM:smooched:
  • Angusowner
    Options
    Barb - The lack of bp meds is really a motivater for me. Thanks! Also, glad to know that other dogs are hiding out in their surroundings. Could this be part of the animal conspiracy? Maybe just my older eyes. I have actually called out for my dog when he was lying inches away from my feet by our black stove...on the black floor.

Another random thought - I may post my granddaughter's picture as my own, since I still am ignorant on the entire picture posting process & photo bucket, so if there is a picture of a sweet young thing, I have not lost THAT much weight!

Take Care, Bec

Hey Mimi, if I string all my posts together, does that count?
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon.

So I have done well so far and stayed close to the 1250 calories and all healthy ones at that.

I am not feeling that great, I have cramps. I really thought I was done with this TOM crap but aparently not. I just go thru the motions but nothing really happens. but the cramps are pretty bad this time. And I have a headache.:angry:

I had lots of things to say but the post disappeared and I am just not in the mood to type them all again.

I love reading everything and I have lots to say but my laptop is so sensitive it gets really frustrating.

Oh we ended up going to the reunion. the cousin and the sister that he really didn't want to see did not come. His mother didn't get there until 3 hours late and we were leaving. So all in all it was a nice time. We got to hang out with the cousins we do like and not deal with the family we don't like.

Any way I hope you all have a great day.
  • pbkfit70
    pbkfit70 Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi guys

I'm new to all this and it's great to see all the support and all the tickers showing the HUGE losses you've all made. How do you do it and keep it up??

I'm an exam officer in the UK, I don't know which is worse being at home with all the temptations all around or being in school and not haing enough hours in the day.

So first targets for me ...

Keep away from biscuits in Common Room
    Drink lots more water
    Get out and walk
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options

I'm new to all this and it's great to see all the support and all the tickers showing the HUGE losses you've all made. How do you do it and keep it up??

First....welcome! You can do it if I can do it!!!!

The first thing that helped me, was to track every bite I ate! What a wake up call!!!:noway: Being aware of where we are is the first step in deciding....where we need to go!:wink:
    When I realized how many calories etc some foods had.....yikes...and how many calories I was eating daily.....I thought there has to be better choices!:flowerforyou:
    Each day I would make one new change in my eating...like adding water....skipping the high calorie foods and replacing them gradually with good foods THAT I ENJOY EATING! Believe me, if you hate the way something tastes...you're not going to stick with it for long!
    If biscuits are a problem....maybe keep some snacks that are better for you at work. Being prepare is key to dealing with those tempting moments!
    Good luck!
    BirdieM:bigsmile:
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Linda,

You posted while I was writing my last "novella.":bigsmile: Just wanted to wish you every success with the upcoming wedding. As far as a memorable activity. If you decide that a sweaty bike ride isn't the answer, here is an idea. If you are a "crafty' person--no, I don't mean sneaky--I am referring to doing crafts. If there is a pottery studio around your area that lets people come in and do a project, then they fire it and you pick it up later, you could make something to commemorate the wedding, or the end of singlehood (for the bride) or whatever. You could still have a lunch together as well.

If the pottery studio idea isn't an option, if you have a Jo Ann's Fabrics, or a Michael's in your area, there are kits you can purchase for various kinds of do it yourself projects and many of them look like then can be completed in an afternoon. The last time I was in Jo Ann's they had unfinished bird houses that you could purchase and paint as you please.

You said something memorable, so I tried to think of an activity that you don't do every day, if ever.

Whatever you decide to do, hope you have a wonderful time.

Barb
    thanks Barb, wonderful ideas. I am going to think about it and check out our options.
    linda
  • Angusowner
    Options
    OK - My profile pic is my grandbaby - rather grandtoddler - Claire. :heart: She's a sweetheart, so talented & bright - and I don't just say that because I am her grandmother!:wink:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Viv - how I wish that we could have a clothes line! Our second house had one. The smell of the sheets hanging outside! Also, the sun would bleach some of those yellow "underarm" stains out. Now we have a HOA and can't have one. So many clothes say to wash in cold water and hang to dry. Well, where are you supposed to hang it? Right now I lay the clothes on top of some of the chairs on the deck. I'm thinking that I may have to get one of those little fold-up lines not only for towels for when we get the pool, but I will probably wind up using it for clothes, too. Maybe just shirts.

Amanda - It's hard to explain how to go sideways on the Satirmaster. We have one of the ones that are like moving steps, not ones that you control the speed. That's the first thing. I don't think you CAN go sideways on the ones where you control the speed. To me, those are too limiting. Anyway, on the other type you just stand to one side and as the steps go down you go up. See, I'm not sure which Stairmaster you have.

Welcome bjbrown4. Looking forward to getting to know you. Boy, you have a lot of goals for the month. I don't know if I could have that many. For me, I'd probably start with just one and then next month add another one. But that's just me

hannatrip - you've come to the perfect place! Tell us more about yourself.

Peggy - have a great time on your weekend!

Elizabeth - really hope you decide to give up smoking. I know nothing good will happen until YOU decide to make it happen.

tcac/Linda - what a great idea to have cookies! My family is from the Eastern part of PA (Scranton area) and I don't think we ever did that. Nifty idea. Do you premakeup the bags for people to take home, or just supply the bags and they fill them?

mimi - gravity and mother nature conspire against me. But you're so right, toned arms (even with the jiggly stuff) look so nice

Barb - what a great idea about the pottery. Maybe they can make some sort of serving tray or something for the holidays so that whenever it's used, she'll be reminded of that day.

Had the boob squeeze today. At one point the gal said to me "now don't move". This while I'm being squeezed! Now where exactly did she think I was going to go?????

Hi there pbkfit!

Vince was mentioning tonight how I always complain that he's a pickey eater but he thinks that I've become a pickey eater. To me, it's not that I'm a pickey eater, I eat so many more foods than he does. I'm just not crazy about lots of fat. Seriously, if I have something high in fat, I feel so sick afterwards, the thought actually passes thru me that I wish I could just stick my finger down my throat and throw up.

Speaking of the high fat -- tomorrow a friend of mine's hubby asked us to come over to their house at 7:00 for ice cream (it's his wife's btdy). Personally, I've already told Vince never to do something like that for me. Even tho he said not to bring a gift, I feel like I should. I would never want someone to feel that they should get me a gift. I really don't want more "stuff".

Anyway, to me I really wish he'd have sorbet or sherbet or something else on the fruit side. Sugar and fat? But I really don't know how to avert this. Well, I've already decided that I'll just have a little. It's not like I can bring my own food, at pot lucks I can bring my own fruit. Anyone have any suggestions short of just having a little bit then when I come home have a piece of fruit?

Went to see the personal trainer today. She has me working on the TRX mostly. I just have to get the proper form, I'm not used to the TRX. Well, this Thurs. will probably be my last session with her.

Everyone - have a great evening.

Michele