My Success Isn't a Size 0

Options
THISisTARRAN
THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
My success will be when I feel more comfortable in my skin and it will never be a size 0. I chuckle at even trying to attain that. My body is more of a curvy type and I would feel happy and comfortable at a size 8 at the SMALLEST, I would be happy at a 10 or 12. What about you??? If you are a size 0 and you can rock that- more power to you, but I'm a curvy woman, I couldn't be that small if I TRIED!

Replies

• rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Definitely! Some people truly are "bigger boned" than others! I don't think I ever remember being a size 0. I can remember being a size 3 or 5, though. I would be happy to get there again (which I guess would be a woman's 2 or 4 seeing as i'm no longer a teen!), but I don't need to be a zero.
  • VegKate
    VegKate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree! I have a curvy figure as well, and the smallest I've ever been is a size 6. Any smaller than that and I'm pretty sure I would look emaciated.
  • linalovekitty
    linalovekitty Posts: 187
    Options
    Im personally very uncomfortable at a size 10 or 12. I actually feel good at a size 6 or 8 though. 20lbs away
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Ive gone from size 22 to my current size 10, quite curvy, thick, etc... I never really had a size as a goal... but I knew certain numbers that were where I knew I looked good and wanted to be at... cept this time the numbers and sizes do not match...

for example... I wore a size 8 when I was 130 pounds...
    today I wear a size 10 and I weigh 169 pounds

obviously my numberical goals are going to change ( I still havent decided to what)

One thing I am sure of that size 10 isnt looking great yet....

so while I doubt it will be size 0, dont cut yourself short... you may feel liek I do, at size 10... need to go a bit further... no matter what idea you have in your head, you will not know for sure til you get there...

I also think the " I look good at XX & XX" is a cop-out for MOST ladies.... because they do not have confidence to imagine themselves getting smaller
  • dreamingofhealthy
    dreamingofhealthy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would be happy at a 12 or 14 to be 100% honest. That's what size I was at my best. Any smaller and I would look too small and think I wouldn't be healthy. Good luck ladies. Hope to read your stories soon!! :drinker:
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    My goal size is a size 6. Im in 8s now, some are tight and i like the way i look but i know i will love a 6. Maybe even a 4 but i dont t think my body will do that lol, i have some hips. I could never wear a 0, not with my body type. And im okay with that, i love how i look. I think some girls look awesome at a 0 but im not one of them.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    at least you didn't knock those who are a size 0. Size 0's can still have curves, though. :wink:
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I would never pull off a 0. My hip bones are WIDE. even at my thinnest I was a size nine. I think I'd be okay at a 6, but no smaller.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My goal was/is to only have the parts of my body that are supposed to jiggle, jiggle. :laugh: Scales and sizes are pretty close to meaningless for me.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Couldn't ever be a zero and pretty sure I would not want to be. I always loved being a 10 - so that would be awesome. If I got down to an 8 that would be shocking. But even at a 12 I would be happy.
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My goal isn't size 0. Mine is 00.
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    Girls that can rock a size 0 are awesome :) But that's not for me either..I'm a size 12/13 now and would love to be a size 8. I am curvy too so ideally I think that is the perfect size :)
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I thought I would be a size 12 (it was the smallest size I have been as an adult and I thought I looked good)... got there at a couple of pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight, bought a ton of clothes......stopped being silly about lifting, added a ton of weight... dropped 7lbs and am a comfortable size 8.

I have a feeling I will be a size 6 by the end of the summer which I NEVER imagined possible.
  • Annmarie0426
    Options
    Agreed...I am 5'9 and have had two children...I would look like Olive Oyl at a size 0. I'm with you and would be happy at a 10 after battling at a 14/16 for the past couple years. I want to know my diet and exercise are making me healthy. The teenage size 5 is not realistic at my age. So I'm with you!
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Very few people look good at/are healthy at size 0! It's tiny!
  • CantStopWontStop92
    CantStopWontStop92 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yeah thank you for not knocking size 0s:) So much of what is considered a healthy body type is genetic, so do what is most suitable for you! My mom was smaller than I am now well into her 30s so I got her build. My younger sister however has 3 inches on me and about 25 lbs heavier. And she's gorgeous! All muscle-she could beat me up haha Glad you're bringing attention to build, not a dress size, it's so much more realistic:)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'm a 6/8 right now. fairly happy with my size but not with the way i look naked. i'm gonna keep strength training so i can see some abs...and keep doing cardio because i love the feeling of burning calories and breaking a sweat :) xoxo
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    When I started at a size 12 to 14 I was hoping to fit back into my eights. Even as a teen I don't remember being smaller than an 8. Today I am. Go for your goal and you might surprise yourself by doing better!!:happy:
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have curves and wear a size 0 :-)
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    i'm a 6/8 right now. fairly happy with my size but not with the way i look naked. i'm gonna keep strength training so i can see some abs...and keep doing cardio because i love the feeling of burning calories and breaking a sweat :) xoxo

^^THIS^^ I'm with you on that one!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!