My Success Isn't a Size 0

Options

Replies

• methridg
    methridg Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are saying! My goal is a size 8-10. Shoot I will be happy when I get to a 12 (in a 14 now)! I wont stop at 12 as my ultimate goal is a size 8 or 10. But when I was in high school I was VERY skinny and I have quite large chest so I was a size 6 and looked so out of proportion. I looked like I could fall over at any time.

I personally think I looked my best at a size 10 so thats what I am shooting for.
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    When we talk about size "0", we're referring to, like, Pants sizes, right? I've been wondering.
    I'm a size 28 pants, (That's a 6 I'm pretty sure) So would I be a size 6?
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My goal was/is to only have the parts of my body that are supposed to jiggle, jiggle. :laugh: Scales and sizes are pretty close to meaningless for me.

I like this! That's about where I am too. :laugh:
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't knock that size 0. When I was that small, there were still plenty of curves to be found. :wink: I need to shed off my fat suit and show them off again! :laugh:
  • Eyesblu
    Eyesblu Posts: 60
    Options
    no "cop out" here I am actually comfortable in the size im in now. I LoVe my curves and I am healthy, I am working now on toning certain areas.
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    There shouldn't even be a size ZERO! A size 12 at a normal store will do just fine!

so, I should either wear clothes that are big and baggy OR gain enough weight to make it to a size deemed normal in your eyes? I'm normal, fyi. I'm just little. And strong.

No - don't get me wrong! I didn't say you aren't normal - I said I want to be a size 12 at a NORMAL STORE - i.e. not at a "FAT STORE".

Also, what I mean is why should a size start at ZERO? Zero means nothing - right? Should a size of anything start at ZERO? I certainly didn't want to imply that you should wear big clothes! If you are a zero, that is great, but zero shouldn't be a SIZE of anything.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My goal isn't size 0. Mine is 00.

I'm going to guess you aren't actually 18... And your goal of being "the skinniest person in the room" is heartbreaking, honey :(
  • niknik623
    niknik623 Posts: 1
    Options
    My goal is not a size... my goal is to be able to look in the mirror and smile because I'm happy with what I see!!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    There shouldn't even be a size ZERO! A size 12 at a normal store will do just fine!

so, I should either wear clothes that are big and baggy OR gain enough weight to make it to a size deemed normal in your eyes? I'm normal, fyi. I'm just little. And strong.

:drinker: And you look awesome! :blushing:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

No - don't get me wrong! I didn't say you aren't normal - I said I want to be a size 12 at a NORMAL STORE - i.e. not at a "FAT STORE".

Also, what I mean is why should a size start at ZERO? Zero means nothing - right? Should a size of anything start at ZERO? I certainly didn't want to imply that you should wear big clothes! If you are a zero, that is great, but zero shouldn't be a SIZE of anything.

sorry, I just don't like when people knock others for their size. It seemed that way at first, but I get what you were trying to say. I apologize for getting defensive. :drinker:
    Options

:drinker: And you look awesome! :blushing:

:blushing: thank you. :blushing:
  • JesChernosky
    JesChernosky Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would be happiest at a size 10 or 12. I was fairly comfortable with myself (as much as I ever have been) when I met my husband. At that time I was a 12. I'm always going to be considered big, I don't want to kill myself to be the size 0 my older sister is, and she doesn't even try. I just look at it like as long as I am healthy, have energy, and can wear some of those cute clothes I like I'm happy with myself. :)
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I like the old curvy pin-up look. I just want a body like Marilyn Monroe's...you know great curves and million dollar legs. That to me is my success goal. My 16 year old niece complains that she is starting to outgrow a size 3...hello, I've never been in a size 3. An 8-10 would work just fine for me.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Why limit yourselves like that at all, whether your goal is 0 or 12? My goal was "healthy and hot." I got there, and now my goal is to stay there. I wear a size 4 or 6 in most things, but I have clothing that actually fits me and looks good on me in every size from 2 to 10 because my goal is to feel good about how I look. I did not bust my *kitten* for the past 3.5 years to allow a size tag to dictate how I feel about myself.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    The only time I would have fit a size 0, would be when I was a 70Ib, 5'11 anorexic. Maybe I would have fit a size 0 when I was 105Ibs as well. But beyond that, no, because my hips are quite wide. Even at 123 Ibs, they still measured 35 inches, with a butt as flat as a pancake. I was around a size 2-4 then, and I am a size 2-4 now, 18 Ibs heavier.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Why limit yourselves like that at all, whether your goal is 0 or 12? My goal was "healthy and hot." I got there, and now my goal is to stay there. I wear a size 4 or 6 in most things, but I have clothing that actually fits me and looks good on me in every size from 2 to 10 because my goal is to feel good about how I look. I did not bust my *kitten* for the past 3.5 years to allow a size tag to dictate how I feel about myself.

applause.gif

yes. this. thank you! :) (i've admired you from afar).
  • mailuci
    mailuci Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My success will be when I feel more comfortable in my skin and it will never be a size 0. I chuckle at even trying to attain that. My body is more of a curvy type and I would feel happy and comfortable at a size 8 at the SMALLEST, I would be happy at a 10 or 12. What about you??? If you are a size 0 and you can rock that- more power to you, but I'm a curvy woman, I couldn't be that small if I TRIED!

My Success is losing the belly and a dress size . Size 0 is not going to work for me like u said a size 10 would be my success .
  • wineplease
    wineplease Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm normal, fyi.

I've met you and you seem pretty crazy to me.
    Options
    I'm normal, fyi.

I've met you and you seem pretty crazy to me.

I almost spit my protein shake all over my computer. lmao Ok, so not "normal" normal, but crazy normal. Better? lol
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My overall goal is to get back to 140-150 lbs & I was a size 8-10, I was never smaller than that & when I look back at pictures from then (when I thought I was fat) I was sooo skinny & healthy looking. At this point I would even be happy at a size 12-14, I still have a ways to go, but I will get there eventually :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!