Replies

• 17forbes
    17forbes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • boothekm
    boothekm Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Went from burning thousands of calories a day and eating whatever I wanted in high school playing basketball....to going to college with the bad eating habits and without the basketball
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    sh!tty marriage + pregnancy + lots of burritos + I don't give a crap anymore + laziness = how I got fat.

happy new marriage + caring about myself + eating healthy + exercise + mindfulness = training to be fit.

:wink:
  • MeghanMorrical
    MeghanMorrical Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Started to gain weight after high school because I was no longer in sports but ate whatever I wanted. Then I got pregnant, lost about 20 pounds because my morning sickness lasted all day and it was hard to keep any food down. so after 9 months of really not eatting much and then not eatting healthy foods because i had a new born took up most of my time I gained 60 pounds. so I ate myself fat.
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    Terrible marriage, low self esteem, 3 kids in a row.
    Got rid of the first one and the second one improved! So much happier and healthier now!
  • seresha
    seresha Posts: 65
    Options
    Well, when I turned 12 I started to get bigger (I think my metabolism dropped) but it was somewhat stable. After my step-father passed away, I found solice in food and just got far too carried away. So that's why I'm trying to better myself now:)
  • kristina_m92
    kristina_m92 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I gained a LOT of weight when I was pregnant.
  • Howitto
    Howitto Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Depression, eating too much junk food, generally being lazy..
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    - Junk food
    - Lack of motivation.
    - Emotional eating
    - Birth control
    - Convenience
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    nutella...... oh so good.

That too! Lol
  • kayla7jackson
    Options
    I got fat because of my love for food and for the lack of guidance in that aspect. I just ate what was cooked at home, it wasnt until I stepped on the scale one day and weighed 290 lbs that I started realizing I was fat. I hold my weight well, so even at 290 lbs I didnt look huge and that also allowed me to gain weight.
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    binge drinking.
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    sitting on my behind watching T.V., bing eating and not exercising.
  • Hoosier96
    Hoosier96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Big portion sizes, junk food and lack of exercise.
    yep. Mine was kick started from falling in love. My now-husband loved me for ME, so I didn't feel compelled to watch my weight the way I had been with other guys I dated (always wanting to be "hot" for them, or feeling like if I didn't look perfect they would hold it against me). So 5 lbs crept on while we dated. Another 5 while we were engaged. Another 5 after we got married. Then 5 lbs leftover baby weight. Add it all up and...I'm kinda fat. Through it all, he has been loving and kind, and supportive of me no matter what. But now I have a toddler watching my every move. And I want her to see me making healthy choices. I want to live a long time to be there for her, and to continue to have a blast on this journey with my husband/best friend. And if I end up looking hot again, well, bonus!!!
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking when I got pregnant, and substituted food for cigarettes. Plus some emotional eating.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating healthy food while unemployed and allowing my bf to dictate what we were eating since he was the one buying it. So we're talking soda, fried foods, greasy foods, starch and no veggies. I was still running but that didn't stop the weight from creeping on. Now that I'm working again, I can buy better food, healthier food. I'm also working out more
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    ONE WORD. Relationship.

Yup I'm one of those females that gets fat once her search is over and then loses it all after the break-up. No more though, never again!
  • bmxpop
    bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Bread....Beer.....Peanut Butter.....Beer......Beer again......Repeat......
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Beer, Dorritos, couch, remote,football,baseball, soccer.
  • wannabfitnevarez
    wannabfitnevarez Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I gained about 50 pounds in a 3 year span, i had pcos syndrome which is what a large amount of women have and probably do not realize it, do not want to gross anyone out about my past medical condition but it did consist of large amounts of heavy bleeding, sometimes for months at a time. i was like that for about 3 years, had numerous surgeries throughout the years and finally i found a new doctor and he took care of the problem , thank you lord. so now i do not have any cycles which is sooooo awesome and now i can exercise and have dropped almost all that weight i had gained during that time, i just need about 22 pounds left. i feel great and have not been down to this weight in such a long time ......i thank god first, and second also my doctor for knowing what to do to help me be healthy again. :smile: i am truly blessed :heart: