Lose 5 pounds a month AUGUST 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options

My exercise routine this week is as follows
    two hours on treadmill (one morning and one in the evening before dinner) 5 days Monday thru Friday
    one DVD ChaLean Extreme 4 days M WTF and 40 minutes abs on Tuesday
    Clean Clean Clean this week at least 2 hours per day.

I am going to do this.

Wow ... your plan is pretty ambitious! Good Luck :smile:

I have been doing this workout for several months so that isn't the hard part. ( Actually I was doing another hour of walking or skating on top of all of that but I stopped that a couple of weeks ago) The hard part is cutting calories by 200. thanks for the good luck wishes. I will need it.

Yesterday was a great day food wise. I came in at 1257 and the workouts were all good. I cleaned for 3 hours and I got in two fruits but three servings. Raspberries and cherries.
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Totally lost my July Challenge. Actually gained a few. back to the drawing board. Starting August at 128.
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Forgot to Post August starting weight.

Starting weight= 183.5

End of Aug Goal weight= 178.5

Hoping for an extra 3.5 for a total of 8.5 lbs for the month of August. Did 16 in June and 12 in July... I don't think 8.5 is totally undoable unles I hit a serious plateau this month.

Hoping for 175 for Labor Day weekend!

Here's to a beautiful August for each and every one of us!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Forgot to Post August starting weight.

Starting weight= 183.5

End of Aug Goal weight= 178.5

Hoping for an extra 3.5 for a total of 8.5 lbs for the month of August. Did 16 in June and 12 in July... I don't think 8.5 is totally undoable unles I hit a serious plateau this month.

Hoping for 175 for Labor Day weekend!

Here's to a beautiful August for each and every one of us!! :drinker: :bigsmile:

Randi-what are you doing? Those numbers are great!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Last January when I joined this challenge (after I had lost about 30 lbs on my own) I was the same weight as today.:grumble: Over the past year I have been so close to goal just to gain back 10-15 lbs or so. Up and down seems to be my MO. But now my vaca is over and I am ready to start fresh again. I had a lot of things going on last week (bridal shower, birthday BBQ's, ect) and my sister is in town this week but yesterday I made a stand to be better about my food choices. I have 9 weeks until my sister gets married and that means 3 lbs a week if I want to reach the goal I set for the wedding. Not easy but I am going to try my best.

Starting August weight: 152
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Good evening all....got a good workout in at the perfomance center (gym where I work) but didn't get to walk today so I must!!!! get one of my 2 hour walks in tomorrow....we are going to a local lake with the canoe tomorrow (that should be a great calorie burn--I will wear my HRM) and maybe we will go for a walk on one of the trails.........Ate all my fruit for the day--4 differendt ones to be exact....feeling good today.......have a nice ngiht everyone!!!!!........:drinker:
  • mltierney
    mltierney Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Count me in too

SW: 210
    CW: 185.8 (weigh in day is Wen so will update tomorrow)
    GW: 160
  • tres1967
    tres1967 Posts: 177
    Options
    August 1st SW 194
    August 31 GW 185

I've lost my ability to run, have a stress fracture in my right ankle so I'm looking for alternatives, I do have an elliptical and hoping to get out on my bike, glad to be here and it's great to read everyone's stuff

T.
  • JustVibeWithMe
    Options
    Count me in also
  • saraegentry
    saraegentry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm pretty new to MFP, so I'm still getting used to the abbreviations and everything. I'll have to weigh in tonight after the kids are asleep. I use my wii fit to keep track of my weight, and they won't let me use it by myself if they're awake! :laugh:

I need to go make my siggy I guess... and find a thread that tells me what all the abbreviations mean! lol
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    ok so yesterday i was tired of dealing with customers at work and hating how pushy and impatient people have been all weekend so i was kinda stressed and was like who cares im having some snacks today and i ate 2 king size kit kat bars an icecream bar and a 50 ounce fountain soda and half a liter of bottle pepsi!!! WOW I was so expecting to gain weight today but when i weighed i was a whole pound LESS!!!!! Can you say WEIRD but anyway i had been stuck for a week so it was much needed suprise needless to say im being very careful today : )
    hope that pounds stays off for my sunday weigh in
  • tatorbug
    tatorbug Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! : ) How does this work? I have never done a challenge before.....

CW:164
    GW: 150
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I did not workout a straight hour but I did walk pushing a stroller for 16 minutes and just got done with a 50 minute run! I am logging here while I cool off before a shower!

I've had a banana, strawberries and will have another banana again soon! I did have bell peppers in my salad and I think they are technically a fruit!

Have a great night!

Terri
  • saraegentry
    saraegentry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Weighed in tonight-
    SW- 192.5
    August GW - 187.5

:)
  • lambocj
    lambocj Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Count me in for the August challenge!!! I'm working towards goal of 30 lbs. by Christmas!! I'm using the food journal on here to tally up what I eat each day---I love that it calculates everything for you! I look forward to a 5 lbs. loss this month! Good Luck to everyone!!

SW: 192 lbs.:flowerforyou:
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I've been slacking off the last few days, so I am glad I have found the August thread because I need the renewed focus and support! I'll use my nearly-naked final July weigh-in of 154.75 as my starting weight for August, so my goal will be under 150 by the end of the month.

Does anyone else have mental blocks when it comes to certain numbers on the scale? It seems that anytime I near the 150 mark, that I manage to put on a few pounds instead of continuing to lose. I feel that I am very close to sabotaging myself again. I skipped my C25K workout yesterday (it was a holiday here, and I was feeling so LAZY). I literally had to DRAG myself to Pilates tonight. I'm due for a C25K run tomorrow, so I'm going to get ready for bed so I'll be well-rested...
  • hepkitty
    hepkitty Posts: 133
    Options
    Hi I'm in if it's not too late! Starting weight today (though I hope it's sodium related and not actually that high, will check tomorrow and see if it's different) = 161.8

Goal for August - 156.8

I lost nearly 30 pounds in the first 4 months of the year and then thought I could stop logging and just rely on good habits to let me slowly lose the last 10 pounds...WRONG! In the last 2 months or so I've gained 6.5 pounds back. So here I am again hoping to drop between 11 and 15 pounds, and develop better habits this time so they stick!

dmgaloha, I am exactly the same with the 154 mark (I weigh in kilograms so that's 70 kgs). Dropped like a stone from 83 kgs to about 73 and then spent months bouncing between 70 and 73. And now I'm back up to 73 again! Hoping to crack 70 this time and get to my goal of 66 - 68 kgs (145 - 150 pounds).
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    count me in i want to lose 20 pounds for august right now i weight 216 i want to be 196
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I've been slacking off the last few days, so I am glad I have found the August thread because I need the renewed focus and support!

Does anyone else have mental blocks when it comes to certain numbers on the scale? It seems that anytime I near the 150 mark, that I manage to put on a few pounds instead of continuing to lose. I feel that I am very close to sabotaging myself again.

Yes! OMG, I have been stuck between 150 and 140 for the last year! I know what you meant about feeling like you are sabotaging yourself, I do that all the time. They do say slower is better...
    :flowerforyou:
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I am counting my starting weight as 80kg/176.3lbs as that was what was on tuesday! Sorry for all the confusion.