My Success Isn't a Size 0

Options

Replies

• HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I also think the " I look good at XX & XX" is a cop-out for MOST ladies.... because they do not have confidence to imagine themselves getting smaller

I'm not sure it's a cop-out, but I do think there's a mental component involved and sometimes it's hard to think of ourselves "that" small.

My current weight goal will have me at about size 14-16 (down from 28-30!) and then I plan to re-evaluate from there.

AGREED and re-evaluation is definitely a great idea

originally, when I started at size 22, I knew I could get to be "that small"...its just now that Im a size 10 and I see myself naked daily, I do not think it is "that small" and definitely desire to get a bit smaller
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Same here :) I will NEVER be a size 0... with how curvy & big boned (very large hip bones) i have, I doubt I'd even be able to button a 0. The lowest ive been was a 3, and I was ridiculed for being too skinny :grumble: ! I think i would LOVE love LOVE to be in at least a 6, considering I am an 10/12 right now ! Each body is different, some of us just are not ever gonna be that tiny, and that is A-Ok :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm a UK12 which is a US 8 and I'm curvy. I reckon I could get down to a 6 but that's as small as I can get without it making my face look gaunt. I'm a few lbs heavier than my smallest size ever 10 years ago, and I was starting to look too thin then. I can wear all the same clothes now, but I have much more defined muscles now, but still have a mummy tummy from my 2 kids!

My waist could probably get about 2 inches smaller at the most.

I think some people are naturally a size 0 though and look great, but I don't think anyone should aspire to be that size just to say they are. We should aim to look good and healthy.
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    im a size 5/6 id be happier at a 4 though
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. One of my good friends is like BEYOND tiny and a size 0 is a very healthy size for her. In fact, if she were to gain a little weight and get up to a size 4 or a 6, which is still smaller than I am, she would probably look a little heavy. Just her body type (she's also like 4'11"). Me, on the other hand, the last time I was a size 0 was when I was 18 and I was not healthy at ALL. When I was that small, I had my father constantly trying to take me out to dinner because he was worried I wasn't eating (which, honestly, I wasn't really). Another friend of mine is about 5'10" and solid. Not fat at all, but her smallest size when she's in great shape is typically around an 8 or a 10, and she looks amazing.

For me, a size 4 is probably the smallest that would be reasonable for me to be and still have the muscle definition that I want. That's pretty much my goal right now, to be somewhere around there. I have your classic curvy figure with a big chest and hips, but my waist is pretty small (first place for me to notice weight loss is always my waist). And I'm SO okay with that. I'm about an 8 right now, and honestly if everything was firm but still this size, I'd be perfectly happy with being a size 8 too! I have a pretty small frame (my wrists and joints are all really small), but I've got some serious hips and thighs. Btw, even when I was at a size 0, my thighs touched. I can't even get a thigh gap when I'm unhealthy looking!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    My goal is 25-23% body fat with an ample amount of muscle.

At my very thinnest, when I had strangers providing me literature about anorexia (true story - I was naturally thin at the time), I was a size 6. I don't feel energetic or healthy at that small though - the smallest I've felt comfortable at as an adult is an 8.

Right now I'm a 12, so I'll probably end up in a 10 (or maybe even an 8) but that's not my ultimate goal.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I have a small frame, and I am in a 3/4 right now. I'm not satisfied with my body yet, however the weight loss isn't what I'm concerned about at this point. It's the fitness part of it all, trying to firm my belly up and if I lose more inches and end up in a size zero, I will still have curves. I have boobs and a booty. I'm already wearing a Junior's small top. I am a 34 D bra.
  • turboturtlepower
    Options
    I'm a size 8, and a large frame....but hate these posts. Kudos to you, but can you imagine how hurtful this could be to a smaller framed woman whose goal is that (which you laugh at?)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I don't think she's laughing it those women. I think she's affirming that we should all be comfortable in our own skin.
  • finallydetermined
    finallydetermined Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My original goal was a size 10 (down from a size 14 - maybe flirting with 16). I wore a size 8 the other day and felt like giggling all day long so 8 would be GREAT
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm quite sure it totally depends on your height to be honest... just saying.
  • aigoooooo
    aigoooooo Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm a curvy girl too, and I don't have a goal size. I barely even consider my goal weight my goal weight. I just know how I want to feel, and want to be toned and strong. I know my boobs and hips will never leave me, even when I was a 0, I was a d cup! haha. It's just my skeletal structure, I could never change it, none of us could change our bones. If we did, it would be costly, hurt, and be silly. I'm a size 2 and it probably wont change, which I'm fine with. I just want to look leaner. Everyone's body is different and everyone has a point where they are their healthiest. :] good luck with your journeys, everyone!
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    There shouldn't even be a size ZERO! A size 12 at a normal store will do just fine!

so, I should either wear clothes that are big and baggy OR gain enough weight to make it to a size deemed normal in your eyes? I'm normal, fyi. I'm just little. And strong.

No - don't get me wrong! I didn't say you aren't normal - I said I want to be a size 12 at a NORMAL STORE - i.e. not at a "FAT STORE".

Also, what I mean is why should a size start at ZERO? Zero means nothing - right? Should a size of anything start at ZERO? I certainly didn't want to imply that you should wear big clothes! If you are a zero, that is great, but zero shouldn't be a SIZE of anything.

sorry, I just don't like when people knock others for their size. It seemed that way at first, but I get what you were trying to say. I apologize for getting defensive. :drinker:

Thanks for the apology - but it was unnecessary. I could tell you didn't read it right (or maybe I just wasn't clear)! I would never knock other people for their size - just a comment on the garment industry and their crazy sizing!
  • daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't have a "goal weight" its more of a goal size, i'd be very happy between an 8-10, if I were a 0 then i'd look like Dolly Parton lol, she's beautiful but I don't have her money for specially made clothes and back dr's! I am one of those women that when I lose weight I don't lose my boobs so I have to make sure that I look healthy as well as proportionate.
  • sammirust
    sammirust Posts: 83
    Options
    i would love to get down to a size 10. and 8 might be okay, but i think that is as small as i would go. ive been thinner before, and i didnt think i looked very happy or healthy at the weight i was.
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    There's NO WAY I could ever be a size 0. At my lowest weight in college I was way skinny, and I was still a size 9/10, due to my frame and my curves. That's my goal now, getting back to a 9/10. I started at an 18. So far I am down to a 12. The last few inches are the hardest to lose, so they make take some time, but I know I can do it.
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    There shouldn't even be a size ZERO! A size 12 at a normal store will do just fine!

?? Shouldn't be a size zero for nobody? Why?
    You realize some females are naturally petite, right?

What I meant was Zero shouldn't even be a size! How can Zero be a size? Zero is nothing! I'm not knocking that people fit into a size Zero, just that Zero shouldn't even exist as a size . . . see what I mean?
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I could be a zero, but it's mostly because I have no hips.

I'll add my own rant though: my success isn't my final weight number! People always think I weigh so much less than I actually do, and I feel fat when I tell them the number. I'm going for STRONG, not skinny! :)
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Eh. Clothing size is hard to take seriously for me, because the last time I weighed this little, sizing was totally and completely different. I'm an 8 by today's sizing, but when I was a young adult my current measurements would have put me into a size 14.

So since I think it's all totally arbitrary, it doesn't matter to me what size I end up. Hell, if the vanity sizing keeps getting worse, we'll all have a shot at size 0 eventually!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!