Why do girls get jealous?

Options

Replies

• BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I am jealous that all the slutty girls on my friends list keep FR the hot dudes on my list.
    STAY AWAY!

Only I can't decide if I am jealous of the slutty girls or the hot guys.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I get a little jealous when someone hits on my hubby (I don't really say much about it). I get a little jealous when I see a hot chick and want to look like her...well, I want a fit body and get a little jealous. But, I am doing something about it.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I am jealous that all the slutty girls on my friends list keep FR the hot dudes on my list.
    STAY AWAY!

May I ask what makes a girl "slutty"? Like, I'm genuinely curious. How do you determine if a girl is "slutty" or not?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    if-women-ruled-world-knonie-400x333.jpg

and talking behind each other's backs.
  • soundasleepx
    Options
    It depends on the level of jealously, I would say. I get incredibly jealous of other girls because I am very insecure. I often try to mould myself around them so that I feel I am acting like them, which is again a result of my insane insecurity. I am a terribly jealous person and I can honestly say it is quite debilitating when you can't seem to stop it. On the other hand however I don't get jealous of girls around my boyfriend because I have a high level of trust in my relationship.
    Some girls can become jealous because of their lack of trust and security in their relationship, and unconsciously blame the other girl talking to their guy, other than realising their own relationship is at fault.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    WTF are you talking about?

tumblr_m43fmnEFfl1rqfhi2o1_400.gif
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    To all my friends responding to this post. I called you, texted you, emailed you, and faxed a few of you. I don't understand why you rather be answering this thread than hanging out with me? I see you all...
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

A Cumberbatch gif? Nice.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    To all my friends responding to this post. I called you, texted you, emailed you, and faxed a few of you. I don't understand why you rather be answering this thread than hanging out with me? I see you all...

BUSTED!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    STAY AWAY!

You are possessive of the hot guys, you are offended by the FR's of the slutty/desperate/lazy girls who do this, you are only jealous of them if you think they have nice bodies or something else appealing and you infer your hot guys would like them. Judging by your picture you have no reason to be jealous. But that can all be wiped away the minute a man we like gives another girl attention right? No matter how much of an ugly ho-bag she might be. Then it's Jealousy time. Rational or not.

To clarify, I am never jealous of my husband. I am sometimes jealous of the ladies who get his attention, no matter how briefly. I am possessive of him. Sometimes protective kicks in too, if you actually think she is up to no good and could mean him harm in some way, and then things get really really sticky, because you still just look like a jealous lunatic. Right? That's why the jealousy and insecure tags are used so often. To deflect real problems that are imposing that others don't want you to notice.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options

mmmm benedict....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Hahahahah! Yeah and I forgot about jealous friends. Gotta love those! LMFAO!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    Why does jealousy exist?

Evolutionary behavioral adaptation to try to keep the hunter that provides all your protein near you and away from other hungry females. It better ensures the survival of the progeny you have with that particular male.

Just my guess.
    TRUTH! Primal instinct for us is to survive and pass on our genes. The healthier and more "attractive" a mate is, chances are the offspring will also carry both sets of genes down and continue the legacy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    If I feel jealous it is a red flag and means one of two things:

1) I am to immature for the relationship I am in
    2) I am not being adored as I should be

In both situations it is time to move on. Jealousy just isn't healthy. :brokenheart:

PS it is never #1:happy:
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I don't get jealous of anyone, I have a lot of self confidence, but then I always have been the oddball.
    How you doin
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Probably because we've all been victims of cheating before. But, trust is important, and before you get jealous, or think he might be cheating, ask yourself, are you the one for him? and if so, is he the one for you? If the answers to both are yes, then there is no reason to be jealous, because no one will come between you. If the answer to either is no, it's time to move on.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    Insecurity.
  • ghhosstt
    ghhosstt Posts: 112
    Options
    this thread is just going to open up a misogynistic can of worms. Insecure people get jealous, not simply just girls.
  • Softrbreeze
    Softrbreeze Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I think jealousy is a sign of immaturity. I've never been jealous in a relationship though I've had cause. Honestly, if a guy or gal gives you reason to believe he/she is or may be unfaithful, don't put yourself thru that heartache over and over again. Cut your losses and get out (if your single). If you're married with children, put your kids' well-being first (should go without being said but I'll say it) and make whatever your decision is based on that. Place your anger where it belongs- not on the person he/she is cheating WITH, but on the cheater. You'll have to decide for yourself what constitutes cheating- some people think LOOKING is cheating, others don't even think KISSING is cheating.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    this thread is just going to open up a misogynistic can of worms. Insecure people get jealous, not simply just girls.

Agree. I don't get what is up with ladies posting threads like this and even thinking this way.

Also, I never get jealous in my marriage.

To think that everyone gets jealous or has a reason to is cynical and sad.

I've known men that have a very big problem with jealousy. It's not gender specific.