Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Stayed away for awhile--kind of down about food choices and not being able to work out. There really is a connection between my mental health and physical activity, I'm convinced of it.

However--happy days may be here again because--

TODAY I WORKED OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE THE PROCEDURE! AND I LIVED TO TELL YOU ABOUT IT! YAY!

Yes, I modified it a bit and didn't get my heart rate over 95, but I did it and it felt good. I will survive!

Sorry for the drama.

I checked in from time to time, but felt progressively like a gloomy Gus with nothing positive to contribute. Guess it sounds a little hokey but reading your posts helped me get through this. Thanks. :flowerforyou:
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    TODAY I WORKED OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE THE PROCEDURE! AND I LIVED TO TELL YOU ABOUT IT! YAY!

Yes, I modified it a bit and didn't get my heart rate over 95, but I did it and it felt good. I will survive!

woot! nice work!
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Monday check in:
    Went to the gym again, 2 days in a row as I am babysitting later this week and know I won't be able to go to the gym. Had a good workout. Tomorrow I weigh-in at Tops. I'm anxious about it.
    Alison, the beet hummus sounds interesting. I might try it.
    Marca, congratulations on doing your long walk, even though you have vertigo. I'm trying to 'ignore' it, but I swear the next time I see that doctor that put me in this state, I'm going at him!

Ignoring it does NOT work.... you have to respect the vertigo or it WILL kick your @ss!!! Work out when you feel better and rest when you feel bad. What I forgot to add was that the walk cost me an hour and a half nap following, which let me know I over did it. That is my body's response when I over do... I fall asleep almost instantly!!! Thus why I still do not drive much!!!

I sound full of bravado Marca, but really I'm a 'slave' to the vertigo. I'm doing what I can do, I can't lay down or do sit ups at the gym. I can't turn quickly or I'll be sick. I can't bend over or use a stairmaster, but I can do elliptical, treadmill and the bike. I have spent most of the last month on the couch and am absolutely sick of it and determined to get up and move. Also, wondering if stress affects it as I had a very stressful last few days with my daughter. I'm so sorry the big V is wearing you down. Hang in there.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    G’Day,
    I am really going to try starting again today. Yesterday I had pizza and wings. s087.gif s068.gif

I think I remember that a few people on here that are Fitbit friends. I would like to get some Fitbit friends just to make me more accountable. I cannot really remember who it was. I thinking maybe it was kah68 and Alison but my memory is bad so anyway if any of you have a Fitbit you use every day please let me know if you would let me be your friend on the Fitbit site. Thanks!

Quote of the day: - START SOMETHING POSITIVE
    Momentum can be difficult to establish. And that's what makes it so valuable.
    Because once you have it going in your favor, momentum can be hard to stop. With momentum on your side, small efforts can bring big results, and those big results can lead to even bigger ones.
    Yes, momentum takes some effort and commitment to put into motion. And it is very much worth the trouble.
    Take the time and make the effort to start something positive. Even though, in the short term, it would be easier and more comfortable to just do nothing, look past those immediate concerns.
    Look ahead to that point where momentum kicks in, and consider the value of putting it to work in your favor. Then get up, get going, and get to work on building that momentum.
    Start something positive, and create some valuable momentum. You'll be able to ride that momentum as far as you can imagine.
    -- Ralph Marston

Have a healthy day

Tom
  • Phoenix69
    Phoenix69 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone,

So, I need to lose about 120lbs. I have already lost 10lb. I think I am finally really motivated. I have been out biking everyday. Going to Hot Yoga.

Could really use some support to have a few people keep me going.

Any words of wisdom

Help

Jody
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm caught up on the posts, but don't have time for personals right now. So many of you are doing so well -- keep it up.

I just ended a really bad exercise week, but we only have two baseball games this week, so that should help. Here are my plans to get back on track

Sunday: Rest (DONE :laugh: )
    Monday: Water Fit (maybe weights too -- we'll see what this new class is all about)
    Tuesday: 30 DS
    Wednesday: Aqua Power
    Thursday: Zumba
    Friday: Cardio and Weights
    Saturday & Sunday: Working on my old house -- painting, power washing, cleaning in general
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Prayers for all in OK. Son's in OK City on business this week but just called to say he was alright but devastation all around him. If it isn't one thing, it's the weather!

Toots: Just read excerpts from both books. Loved 'em. :love: Any way can I purchase a paper copy or do I have to buy a Kindle? Stupid Nook! I've always loved YA fiction.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Praying for all in Ok city .
    Everyone is doing a fantastic job !
    I lost another 1.5 pounds this week ! I am so happy to be back on track again ! I have lost 11 and i have 29 more to loose by the end of September when i turn 40 ! I am going to push myself and i know that i can do this !
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Checking in: I think that I am doing okay. I'm eating back some of my exercise calories, which may or may not be good. It's just what circumstances seem to be dictating right now.
    I finished the "starry nights" afghan for my oldest granddaughter and have a good start on the second one. Two granddaughters graduating from high school this year. I can hardly believe how fast time has flown.
    Grammy--glad to see you back. I'm glad that you have been able to start exercising again. I will certainly be glad when my surgery is over and I can get to really moving again. I should be back to walking by August.
    Tom--I really appreciate your quotes. Momentum is a great thing. I'm thinking that synergy is a word which applies to this group, too. It helps keep the momentum going for me.
    Congratulations on all of the successes! I'm off to watch the finale of Dancing With the Stars, my guilty pleasure.:blushing:
    Kaye
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the first meeting with the new trainer. She was very insightful and has even provided exercises that will help to strengthen my fingers and forearms for rock climbing without me asking. She has challenged me to change my eating habits again. The suggestion is to eat my largest meal for breakfast, go smaller for lunch and the smallest meal at dinner something like a salad and soup. In addition, she strongly suggested that I up the number of carbs to 50-60%, Fats to 30% and Proteins 10-15%. I am willing to try this and see if it works. It has had positive results for other people who have tried it. Breakfast may be an issue since I barely have time to fix breakfast in the morning but at now I can eat other foods instead of just eggs and turkey. I may also need to up my calories back to 1800+ to make this work. I will take this one week at a time. She also provided a core workout that will help to lose inches and a cardio workout that will provide a slight challenge unless I always go above and push harder.

My heart goes out to everyone in OK. I am praying that they find the survivors quickly and that those who have lost loved ones can find peace.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers to my neighbors to the north, just devastating. :sad:
    Stayed away for awhile--kind of down about food choices and not being able to work out. There really is a connection between my mental health and physical activity, I'm convinced of it.

This is so true, Marsha! I felt the same way when my trainer benched me from workouts last week. I'm glad you're able to ease back into an exercise routine now.

@Tom~Yes, you can find me on Fitbit. Alison and lmackbeth are there too. My url is: http://www.fitbit.com/user/23MSTN

@Laurie~I'm so glad you enjoyed the new trainer, I hope her suggestions yield a positive outcome and downward trend on the scale. Keep us posted!

@Kris1085~Hooray for the loss, you are on target to make your goals. Great job!

No gym for me today, decided to come home and get as much packed as possible - I seem to be pretty organized now so maybe I can have some downtime tomorrow night. Definitely plan on hitting the gym after work tomorrow!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the first meeting with the new trainer. She was very insightful and has even provided exercises that will help to strengthen my fingers and forearms for rock climbing without me asking. She has challenged me to change my eating habits again. The suggestion is to eat my largest meal for breakfast, go smaller for lunch and the smallest meal at dinner something like a salad and soup. In addition, she strongly suggested that I up the number of carbs to 50-60%, Fats to 30% and Proteins 10-15%. I am willing to try this and see if it works. It has had positive results for other people who have tried it. Breakfast may be an issue since I barely have time to fix breakfast in the morning but at now I can eat other foods instead of just eggs and turkey. I may also need to up my calories back to 1800+ to make this work. I will take this one week at a time. She also provided a core workout that will help to lose inches and a cardio workout that will provide a slight challenge unless I always go above and push harder.

My heart goes out to everyone in OK. I am praying that they find the survivors quickly and that those who have lost loved ones can find peace.

I'm happy your session with the new trainer went well. I hope your relationship continues to be successful.
    I am happy I started to eat a bigger breakfast about a month ago. I don't cook so I started using Jimmy Dean breakfast products. His breakfast Ham and cheese omelets are great as are the breakfast bowls, but they are higher in calories. I'm sure the sodium is considered too high, but I don't watch my sodium too closely, I don't have a problem with that. The best part is they nuke in the microwave and are done in minutes. Quick and tasty. Might work for you since you don't have much time and need to increase your breakfast calories.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    double post. sorry
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys--just tragic about OK, I watched some coverage while at the gym and it made me want to cry. :cry:

@robin--great breakfast suggestions! Another favorite of mine are sausage, egg, and cheese Lean Pockets--I always keep some in the freezer when I need something quick and easy for work. :happy:

@kelley--in case I forget to say so tomorrow, have a wonderful vacation! :flowerforyou:

@laurie--glad the meeting with your trainer went well--I'll be interested to hear how the changes affect your progress.

@kaye--any chance of you posting a picture of the afghan? I'm sure it's lovely!

@kris--you are doing great! Are you still doing that 3-day diet?

@marsha--glad you've been able to really start exercising again--and I agree about exercise and mood; I always get cranky if I can't get to the gym. :grumble: :laugh:

@tracy--I love the variety in your exercise plan for the week--oh, and good job getting that rest done today! :laugh:

@phoenix--welcome! :flowerforyou:

@tom--love the quote!!

Exercise Goals for this week:
    Mon--walk gunner + gym DONE (did weights and rowing + cardio)
    Tues--walk gunner + core
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--walk gunner + run outside + core
    Mon--walk gunner + gym

Grading Goals:
    1. 1/16 12 Angry Men essays
    2. x/16 Diction analyses
    3. x/57 TTTC Journals
    4. x/16 vocab quizzes
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Yeah i am still on the 3 day diet !
  • lmackbethl
    lmackbethl Posts: 156
    Options
    @tom - i would be happy to be fitbit friends. you can find me here: http://www.fitbit.com/user/236S7R
    @laurie - glad you liked the new trainer! i make a quiche on sunday and eat a slice for breakfast each morning - quick and easy in the microwave, because i never give myself time to do much else. i use a potato crust, almond milk, low-fat cheese, whatever veggies i have around -- works out to under 300 calories a slice.
    @kris - sorry you're struggling... hope you're able to kick this and get moving again soon!

I am super happy that I have started swimming again!! The water's still really cold, but I love it so much I could not wait any longer. Friday, I jumped in for the first time and the chill took my breath away and gave me brain freeze, but once I started moving, I warmed right up and stayed in for 20 minutes or so. Saturday, this bully of a swan chased me all the way across the lake and right up out of the water, so I only got about 15 minutes in. I know he's protecting his nest, but geez, I was at least 100 yards from it at the closest -- he cannot OWN the whole lake!!! Today, I showed him who was boss by splashing him with water from the safety of my kayak and yelling "you stay right there, there's plenty of room in this lake for both of us!" He raised up his wings and hissed, but then he stayed put and let me swim for a good half hour! Plus, one of my friends came out with me and was exercising border-patrol maneuvers from my second kayak just in case he decided to peck my eyes out. For my part, I did laps farther away from his mate/nest. We will work this out! For those following my dad's journey, he's had a pretty big setback, when his hiking partner ruptured a shin muscle. They went up to my parent's house in Oregon to regroup. His partner headed home - it's still unclear whether he will return to the trail later in the summer. Dad is packing resupply boxes and getting ready to take a train back down to Cabazon, where he left off, to resume the long hike north. I hope he's able to manage it solo, but the trail community is really good to look out for one another, so that's comforting.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hey all just wnated to pop in and say hi. I was pretty lazy and absolutley destroyed any sign of sensible eating on Sunday. I think I overdid the core work on Saturday because I woke up sunday morning and could barely move because of the pain in all the muscles around my ribs. Me, a heating pad , my couch, and netflix spent a very long day together. I am alot less stiff today and got in some time at the gym but had to leave class early due to some family drama. The drama turned out positive so it was all good.

Laurie I am so happy that this trainer seems to be working alot better with you
    Kelley have a great time on vacation
    Imackbeth I am so happy you are able to swim again and loved the swan story
    Toots I was wondering if you could message me and let me know what you write I would love to check it out

Have a great night and I will be back tomorrow:heart::heart:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Karen--I think that I will wait to take a picture of the afghan until I give it to Michelle. I will take her picture with it.
    Toots--I would love to know more about your YA books. My daughter is the middle school librarian at our school. She is always looking for new stuff.
    I continue to be impressed by all of the hard workouts that so many of you do. Even with new knees, I don't think that I will ever do that. I feel good about my progress though. I was just thinking of how impressed and motivated I was when I first signed on to see all the people that had lost more than 50#. Now I'm one of them and it sure feels great!
    Have a good night. Kaye
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options

How's everyone doing on the May challenges?
    Rembember they are : Lose 4 lbs or do something to improve your appearance (short version, ha ha)
    I had forgotten about that .... but I did finally take the plunge and get my hair cut in a short piecey style reminiscent of my younger, no hearing aid years!!! I LOVE it and the HA does not show any more than before!!! I actually FEEL younger, though that seems silly!!!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options

How's everyone doing on the May challenges?
    Rembember they are : Lose 4 lbs or do something to improve your appearance (short version, ha ha)
    I had forgotten about that .... but I did finally take the plunge and get my hair cut in a short piecey style reminiscent of my younger, no hearing aid years!!! I LOVE it and the HA does not show any more than before!!! I actually FEEL younger, though that seems silly!!!

Good for you! Your new hair cut sounds lovely and feeling younger is the same as looking younger, I'm sure.

Thanks for bringing up the challenges. We need to start talking about the JUNE CHALLENGES Already. Any suggestions?:wink: