How did your S/O propose?

Options

Replies

• thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    He knocked me up.
    [/quote

Oh I forgot to mention my headache was because I was knocked up too.

did you know that part yet?!? that is so exciting when you look back at something and be like OH! well that makes sense why i didn't feel good, etc.. Like my friend thought she had food poisoning from their honeymoon... nope! it was baby baking!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    He knocked me up.

much more impact than a ring.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    He knocked me up.

much more impact than a ring.

unless it's the nuvaring...
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My husband was terrible about making any decisions on his own, so he insisted I help him pick out the engagement ring. Then we went to the restaurant we both worked at (where we met) and had a nice dinner. He got totally drunk before he knelt down and asked me to marry him. We had been living together for 10 months and I help pick the ring and he told me he had to get drunk because he was afraid I'd say no.

Then we went home and he puked all over the place. LOL. I am so glad he no longer drinks.

We will have been married 21 years on Thursday.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I love these stories.

We went away for the night to an inn with a 5 star restaurant. He plans nights like that every once in awhile so I wasn't too suspicious. I did get a little suspicious when he asked me to wear my black dress he likes, but he said it was because of the dress code (turns out he really didn't do it for any special reason, lol). We went to dinner, which was amazing. I had been a little suspicious because of the dress thing but he was so calm I thought I was wrong. We were the only two at supper. When we got up to leave, I turned to walk out and he was behind me. He said "oh wait, I forgot something" When I turned around, he was on one knee with the ring box, closed. I still wasn't sure that's what he was doing (really what else would he be doing), so I opened the box and started laughing, told him to get up and hugged him. He asked me formally and at some point the ring ended up on. When we walked out of the restaurant, the owner asked if I had said yes. I realized I hadn't but I guess it was implied.

I know it might not sound super romantic to others, but it was perfect for us.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    He hasn't yet thanks for reminding me :angry:
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    We had been dating for 2 months. I asked him if he thought he would marry me someday. He said, Yeah, I could do that. The next weekend I told him we had tickets to Vegas. We were married 4 months later in Vegas. That was 11 years ago. It has gotten better every year since! Well, except for the whole lousy house keeping thing. He is still working on that. :grumble: As long as I dont kill him, it should last forever.:love:
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    He knocked me up.

it works! that's how i proposed too!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I can't find a puke emoticon.

Cute story though. I'm just bitter.

I'm thinking the world would be a lot easier to live in if we were all asexual blobs!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    He hasn't yet thanks for reminding me :angry:

Just break up.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Him: "Why don't you move in with me?"
    Me: "That's like marriage to me."
    Him: "We'll then, I respectfully rescind my offer."
    Me: "I understand, of course."

<2weeks later>

Him: "Why don't you move in with me?"
    Me: "I require a ring as an outward sign of an inward commitment. I will, of course, reciprocate."
    Him: "I have a day off in a couple weeks, let's go to the diamond district."
    :heart:

It went something like:
    "I'm not perfect, you're not perfect, but I promise to try and never give up on us."

ETA: I wear the ring he gave me as a sign of his commitment to me, not mine to him. He wears the ring I gave him as a sign of my commitment to him, not his to me.
  • kwatkin
    kwatkin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Don't feel like typing too much lol so in summary:

At the top of Mont Tremblant (beautiful large mountain in Quebec where the two of us stayed for the weekend to go snowboarding!) with a stunning view, no one around, and a beautiful ring and handsome man :) It was freezing, but I removed my goggles and face mask so that he could see my tears practically freezing to my face! lol. Love him so much, can't wait to marry him!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Hey! The stick turned blue...
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    He took me on a climb up the "Incline" in Manitou Springs Colorado while I was visiting him out there. When we got to the top I asked him to grab my snack out of his backpack. He was fumbling around in there for a minute and I was getting impatient because I was tired and hungry... and then he sort of shifted onto one knee and pulled out a box.

He did a modified Anchor Man quote and said "I wanted to propose to you on top of a mountain." -- Ron Burgundy voice and all.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    On Easter at a family get together.

He gathered everyone for an Easter Prayer. had all the kids get in this huge circle, each holding the most beautiful flower. I found this odd, since his family doesn't usually do a group prayer, but i thought it was sweet and in the Easter spirit, so I started snapping a few pictures of the kids. well the "prayer" was starting so i stopped taking photos and was walking away from him. Well his anoyyyyying brother was like "go take more pictures!" i snapped back "I already did!" he was like "go get some more!" I rolled my eyes and walked back to where my husband was standing a pretended to take pictures (Bro in law and i have a funny relationship lol) Husband started to talk.. he said a few things that didn't make sense at all (he was nervous)... then suddenly turned to me, got on his knee and pulled out a Golden egg covered in rhinestones and then he asked me :) all i could do was cry and nod yes as each kid handed me a flower until i had a HUGE bouquet :)

here's a blurry snippet from the video:

97a52305-2f36-40a2-a458-1a03c09eb5cb.jpg

I had NO idea. AT ALLLLLL..

he picked the ring out himself... and it couldn't be more perfect.

We hit a year next Monday :love:

AWW! Congrats!
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My fiance did a great job!

We had gone on a road trip last May to San Francisco from here in Kansas City. We didn't have any plans or anything besides the fact that we wanted to hit as much as we could on the way. Pikes Peak, the Grand Canyon, Vegas and on our way to Yosemite we found a little bitty town called June Lake, CA (LOOK IT UP!) it was absolutely BREATHTAKING. Up in the Sierra mountains, a crystal clear glacial lake at the bottom and the cutest little ski town you could imagine. Needless to say, It's all we talked about the rest of the trip. Over San Francisco, over Lake Tahoe, over everything.

Fast forward to February of this year, I had just gotten word of my new job. I had healed enough from my Compartment Syndrome Surgery and was back on my feet and we thought, "Okay, we've got like two weeks and I'm back to working full time." So, we booked a train this time and headed back out to Lake Tahoe and of course June Lake again.

He has always liked snowmobiles so we rented one and took it all over the trails. Then we found the vista point that overlooked the most amazing view of the mountains. Just breathtaking.

Now me, I'm snapping pictures, cracking jokes but noticed that he was just acting kind of weirdly...shy? Nervous? I was like what the heck is up? Although I just shrugged it off thinking it was just nerves from riding the snowmobile up a mountain.

Then after a little bit he calmed down and said to me, "Well my New Year's Resolution this year was to do something crazy...and this *gestures to the view* is it!" he paused, I laughed and agreed. Then he turned back to me and said, "Now its time to do something that isn't that crazy..." and he got down on one knee.

So of course I screamed from a mountain top!

The best part about it though wasn't even the proposal, nor the mountains, nor the fact that I was in snow pants, boots and a huge red helmet. It was the fact that the ring itself was my Great-Great Grandmother's wedding ring! He asked both of my parents, my grandparents, even my best friend and I had no idea whatsoever! My grandma had been holding onto it for the last 25 years for the right time to give it to me...and that day was definitely the right time.
  • jazpurita
    jazpurita Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Romance........haha my husband came home and said we are gonna get married on Saturday

If it counts he did propse when we were in high school but I didn't think much of it because it was after an argument and only being 17 figured we were to young.........we got married when we were 19 so yeah still young but hey still going strong been 5 years I'm stuck with him forever or should I say he is stuck with me bahahahahahahaha((evil laugh))
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    He didn't, I did. Because I'm that patient...
    It was more of a suggestion though.