30 Day Shred...yes another one

Options

Replies

• SimplySumayah
    Options
    I was on L2 day 3 but stopped the routine as I had exams. I'll start from Level one tonight :)
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 1 Level 1. Not sure how many times a week I should do this. Any ideas?

Whatever you feel comfortable with! I didn't want to do it this morning bc my armpits are so sore-of all things really?? But now that I have completed Day 2 they're not sore any longer. If you feel comfortable working out through the pain do it but if you need a day take it! :) Good work on day 1!
  • DoxieLove10612
    Options
    how do you exercise from youtube, is there a way to get it on your tv, there is no way I can do it trying to watch my computer, everyone seems to find everything online.

the only way I know of is if you have a smart tv (wifi on the tv) with a youtube app but I could be wrong
  • ladygyaru
    ladygyaru Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What a coincidence! I started yesterday too.
    Technically I started over, because I had been doing it but took a bit off and wanted to start over officially.
    I did L1 Day 1 Yesterday.
    I'm now about to get ready to do Level 1 Day 2!
    I'm combining this with the 30 day Ab Challenge from tumblr:
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/c2cc5191dd3a0d28a507b321dc1024d2/tumblr_mmaa57IovS1snhrj0o1_1280.jpg
    AND the 30 day Squat Challenge from tumblr: http://25.media.tumblr.com/16ff9eb970dbc07168e729e8362702be/tumblr_mn49geU6GY1so3aoko1_500.jpg

Starting Stats:
    Weight: 136 lbs
    Bicep: 10.5 inches
    Waist: 30 inches
    Hips: 38.5 inches

L1 Day 1 Report:
    * I can't do regular pushups :/
    * My squats are somewhere between beginner and advanced lol
    * Can't make it through that first cardio circuit straight without at least a 3 to 5 second breather :(
    * Abs are fine!
    * Unsure if I'm doing the back exercise correctly
    * Beginner moves for the lunges :D and damn do my arms scream
    *Second cardio circuit is so much easier to get through...
    * abs are again fine :)
    * Those chest fly exercises are niiiiice and easy xD but I have light weights.
    * Can NEVER get through that damn side lunge with a shoulder raise. I end up quitting with the shoulder raises or do them without weights, haha. I have NO upper body strength I tell ya!
    * Cardio is a-okay after that and so is abs. I swear the last 3 minutes are when I'm high off of exercise and it just breezes on by xD

Gonna get motivated and do Day 2 soon! You all should give me your reports too. I wanna know if people are having the same problems or if they have tips! haha
    Way to go everyone!!!
  • Hoosier96
    Hoosier96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 5. I took a day off yesterday to allow some recovery as I have been pretty darn sore. But it is a very quick and efficient workout. I think I see changes but am waiting to re-measure until after I do 30 days (which should take me about 40 days to complete, factoring in rest days and some out of town days this weekend).
  • Hoosier96
    Hoosier96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I can't do regular pushups yet either. Well I can do about two, but I decided to just wait and do more of the modified version while I build strength. I like to head right out the door and go for a quick one or two mile power walk after the video is done, to extend the burn a little and keep my heart rate up.
  • DoxieLove10612
    Options
    Gonna get motivated and do Day 2 soon! You all should give me your reports too. I wanna know if people are having the same problems or if they have tips! haha
    Way to go everyone!!!

Great idea! Here is mine although I hate sharing the weight and measurements but I guess that is why we are here...right?

Weight: 161.8
    Bicep: 11.5
    Waist: 31
    Hips: 41

L1 Day 2 Report:
    Pushups-girl way and I can do about 12 first attempt and 3 second attempt. Only thing I do modified
    Lunges I cannot do. I think it might be an issue with my IT Band.
    The side lunges-I can do those but the inside of my thigh where my leg connects to my body feels weird. Like it might pop like a rubber band.

Burning an average of 140 just for the 3-2-1 circuits.
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    i'm doing it for the second time. Going to do ripped in 30 straigiht after. Getting great results and really enjoying it!

That's awesome!
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday - I've tried before but never got past day 5 or 7. How many days do you guys do each level?
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    how do you exercise from youtube, is there a way to get it on your tv, there is no way I can do it trying to watch my computer, everyone seems to find everything online.

I have a Big Mac computer. I go to you tube and search for the workout, press play and maximize the YouTube window so the video is full screen.
  • NakAttack
    NakAttack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Did Level 1 and my Day 2 today. I am doing it every other day and filling in the off days with long runs. I am also doing a short run on the days that I do the workout...it makes my sore legs feel SOOO much better!
  • Dena216
    Dena216 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to MFP. I tried doing Ripped in 30 and after a week, my knees were killing me. I read 30 day shred is a little easier so I'm going to start it today. I also do cardio at the gym during my lunch break and I've been doing Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis muscular strength dvd. I feel like I need something more. Had my 2nd kid 5.5 months ago and I'm really trying to get in shape now. I need the motivation from you ladies to keep up with 30 day shred. I hope my knees can handle this workout better.
  • Shaunte86
    Shaunte86 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have the 30 day shred DVD and have never used it. I am going to start on Thursday and see it through until the end!
  • ladygyaru
    ladygyaru Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to MFP. I tried doing Ripped in 30 and after a week, my knees were killing me. I read 30 day shred is a little easier so I'm going to start it today. I also do cardio at the gym during my lunch break and I've been doing Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis muscular strength dvd. I feel like I need something more. Had my 2nd kid 5.5 months ago and I'm really trying to get in shape now. I need the motivation from you ladies to keep up with 30 day shred. I hope my knees can handle this workout better.

Throughout Level 1 Jillian really stresses on stretching out the knee joints to avoid injury and what not to do in order to prevent injury with the knees. So this might be good for you, hun!
    It still seems pretty tough to me, not being able to do all of the moves in the advanced level, but rather most in the beginners level, but it could be fine for you!
  • mclaffin
    mclaffin Posts: 7 Member
    Options

the only way I know of is if you have a smart tv (wifi on the tv) with a youtube app but I could be wrong

if u have a laptop and hdmi cables u can hook it up directly to the tv and change your input.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start this today... I think. I wish my Kindle had a video out so I could just hook it up to my TV, but I should have room in my office... I guess it's cheap to buy, but hard to pass up free.

I get a ton of upper body and ab workout from aerial training, but I'd like to see the rest of me get a little tighter and my endurance can always use a boost. I have some mild tendonitis in my left elbow so I'm always cautious about adding more work to my arms. Pushups aren't pullups and I'm not gripping anything, so fingers crossed. I'd really like to drop a few inches by the middle of summer.
  • nann465
    nann465 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    can you send me the link as well!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 day 2 today.

It wasn't as bad as yesterday and I added 3 lb weights.

I was going to do it every day, but I'm not sure I can do it on days I work. I'm a nurse and I work 12 hour shifts. I was going to get up at 5 am on work days and do it, but I'm not sure I can handle it when I work several days in a row. I work Thursday this week, then the weekend and Memorial Day. I'm going to do it Thursday morning and see how it goes since it's just 1 day. Hopefully by the weekend my endurance will be up a bit.
  • Wakely1965
    Wakely1965 Posts: 3
    Options
    My copy is on it's way in the mail! I can't wait!!
  • samanthatucker3
    Options
    I started this today, maybe I'm being a complete wimp but I couldn't even finish the whole of level 1! Might try again later and see if I can make it all the way through, if not I'm going to give it a better effort tomorrow.