Why are people on here angry?

Options

Replies

• UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    OBVIOUSLY they're butt hurt because someone didn't say something nice about them in the childish "kiss me, date me or ****me" type threads on the chit chat board. Middle school ended 10+ years ago. :laugh:
    I don't need a random stranger telling me I'm schmexxxy, because I know I am. :tongue:

Also they could be hungry. :laugh:

So sorry OP. :frown:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I hate the friends I have, I need some new ones. Then if you new people don't please me, I'll delete you too!! I'm a great and supportive friend that way.
    beyonce-super-bowl-gif.gif
    FINE!!! UNFRIEND ME!!!! SEE IF I CARE!!!
    I never liked you anyway!

I'm sending you a cactus. You know what to do with it!!!

Jk :heart: :heart:

I think you know where you can stick this...

45072yu90yu.gif
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    The "f* yourself with a cactus" reply was actually a GIF that was pretty funny:

wBfBB.gif

(Why, yes, I am stirring the pot.)
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

45072yu90yu.gif

He might actually know how to have some fun.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    This thread is COMEDY GOLD.
    It has taken a very enjoyable turn.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    They need a snickers bar. ;)
    LOL
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    The "f* yourself with a cactus" reply was actually a GIF that was pretty funny:

wBfBB.gif

(Why, yes, I am stirring the pot.)
    That gif is pretty awesome. I'm totally saving it for future use. :laugh:
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    You get a lot of people on here that are elitist jerks. They use broscience and the fact that something worked for them and mush it in your face when you disagree with them. Then they troll your post so they can be "important" because arguing and get the last post in a thread on the internet makes you a smart guy. All because some people lost some weight and read a bunch of articles doesn't make them an expert. But for some people, this is their facebook and they choose to be *kitten* about it and live on the forums. Honestly, if you have a question ask your friends in your feed first before you go the forums because MFP has had a recent recruitment of smart a$$e$ lately.

Ive found it is kind of the opposite. I usually see the broscience people get bashed. Regardless there are def some angry people on here, but thats the internet I guess.

I have posted on another (unrelated) forum since I was in College and it makes this place seem like a joyride. I think that has maybe conditioned me a bit more than people who are new to message boards.
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Its probably because their just as unsupportive as your friends and know it and don't appreciate being called out. That behaviour i8s exactly why I ditched weight watchers, bullies and negative people that can not put themselves in your shoes and think they are perfect, well ignore them cus their not.
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I answered a post yesterday about where to find a certain weight related calculator...and the girl messaged me and said that she was so unhappy/disgusted with the unnecessary/unkind comments that she received that she was going to drop her membership on MFP!
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You get a lot of people on here that are elitist jerks. They use broscience and the fact that something worked for them and mush it in your face when you disagree with them. Then they troll your post so they can be "important" because arguing and get the last post in a thread on the internet makes you a smart guy. All because some people lost some weight and read a bunch of articles doesn't make them an expert. But for some people, this is their facebook and they choose to be *kitten* about it and live on the forums. Honestly, if you have a question ask your friends in your feed first before you go the forums because MFP has had a recent recruitment of smart a$$e$ lately.

Broscience! Love it!!!
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    what did you post?

More or less that I need new friends because the ones b/c the ones I currently have aren't supportive. And now I need to **** myself with a cactus...

Sheesh! That's ridiculous. You can add me if you like. I'm on daily, and I like making new friends :)
    And be careful with that cactus, okay? :laugh:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

45072yu90yu.gif

He might actually know how to have some fun.

Oh, you know it....
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_wo9PgSyLje5yn4EB1glgIRbIzIfmbAwgXGdMDTr1I0UdYI-Q
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT48TZzsN5LQ4Z_4hbNvCXWsP1UQ9ifqJGBVKE8KcCJTkg2LnHN9A
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hey, OP, you can borrow my copy of "How to win friends and influence people". I think you may need to read it.

tumblr_mi1n1cm5a51rqfhi2o1_500.gif

For the WIN!
  • RyanMastrosimone
    Options
    Sorry people are mean. I haven't been on MFP long and I am looking for friends, you can add me if you want.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Is the OP still here?
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Ive found it is kind of the opposite. I usually see the broscience people get bashed. Regardless there are def some angry people on here, but thats the internet I guess.

I have posted on another (unrelated) forum since I was in College and it makes this place seem like a joyride. I think that has maybe conditioned me a bit more than people who are new to message boards.

First off...grats on the weight loss and love your ticker.

I have a pretty thick skin when it comes to this site and internet forums in general. But sometimes, the responses and general attitudes you get on here are both humorous and pitiful. The internet tough guys and trolls take the cake though. But nothing, and I say nothing is as brutal as WoW forums. Those MMORPG guys take their craft seriously :indifferent:
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Because they're hungry.

The correct term is "hangry" I do believe.....

I need this term in my life! lol!!

There will always be hateful, mean people as long as there's a computer to hide behind ...just gotta move past them. you can add me if you want! i have a lot of weight to lose but i try to keep my hangry to a minimum!
  • whattodo54
    whattodo54 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Didn't you get the memo. Angry and thoughtlessness is the new nice!:angry::bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.