Replies

• mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Kf387gL.jpg
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I answered a post yesterday about where to find a certain weight related calculator...and the girl messaged me and said that she was so unhappy/disgusted with the unnecessary/unkind comments that she received that she was going to drop her membership on MFP!

The forums can be brutal. Some of the stuff that happens on the forums is BS. However in this case the OP isn't any better then the jerks on the forum. She put up a post calling her friends down!
  • themtron
    themtron Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Is the OP still here?

I guess I am the OP, though, not sure what that means...just watching and reading at this point.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Because trolls be trolling. trololololololol the day long
  • joleenl
    Options
    Is the OP still here?

I guess I am the OP, though, not sure what that means...just watching and reading at this point.

Yes you are the OP. OP = Original Poster!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    To answer the orginal question...because this forum is a cross section of society, and there mean people in society. My advice is to ignore them and continue to look for what you are looking for. (you can add me as a freind, but be warned, I'm not a cheerleader) But don't react to them...they love that and it only encourages them.
  • BernardPumpkin
    Options
    I hate the friends I have, I need some new ones. Then if you new people don't please me, I'll delete you too!! I'm a great and supportive friend that way.
    beyonce-super-bowl-gif.gif

2upa3pz.gif
  • jenilosinfluff
    jenilosinfluff Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Tee hee...I was thinking it but didn't want to say it .
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    You get a lot of people on here that are elitist jerks. They use broscience and the fact that something worked for them and mush it in your face when you disagree with them. Then they troll your post so they can be "important" because arguing and get the last post in a thread on the internet makes you a smart guy. All because some people lost some weight and read a bunch of articles doesn't make them an expert. But for some people, this is their facebook and they choose to be *kitten* about it and live on the forums. Honestly, if you have a question ask your friends in your feed first before you go the forums because MFP has had a recent recruitment of smart a$$e$ lately.

Ive found it is kind of the opposite. I usually see the broscience people get bashed. Regardless there are def some angry people on here, but thats the internet I guess.

I have posted on another (unrelated) forum since I was in College and it makes this place seem like a joyride. I think that has maybe conditioned me a bit more than people who are new to message boards.

First off...grats on the weight loss and love your ticker.

I have a pretty thick skin when it comes to this site and internet forums in general. But sometimes, the responses and general attitudes you get on here are both humorous and pitiful. The internet tough guys and trolls take the cake though. But nothing, and I say nothing is as brutal as WoW forums. Those MMORPG guys take their craft seriously :indifferent:

I disagree. Ever go over to the D3 forums? They make the WoW ones look like Candy Land.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Because they're hungry.

This.
  • joleenl
    Options
    To answer the orginal question...because this forum is a cross section of society, and there mean people in society. My advice is to ignore them and continue to look for what you are looking for. (you can add me as a freind, but be warned, I'm not a cheerleader) But don't react to them...they love that and it only encourages them.

If you become her friend and don't cheerlead her then she will put a post in the forums about what a terrible friend you are. That's what this is all about, Her first post asked for friends and cut down her current friends for not cheerleading. This is her second thread where she is complaining about the people that her first post offensive.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You get a lot of people on here that are elitist jerks. They use broscience and the fact that something worked for them and mush it in your face when you disagree with them. Then they troll your post so they can be "important" because arguing and get the last post in a thread on the internet makes you a smart guy. All because some people lost some weight and read a bunch of articles doesn't make them an expert. But for some people, this is their facebook and they choose to be *kitten* about it and live on the forums. Honestly, if you have a question ask your friends in your feed first before you go the forums because MFP has had a recent recruitment of smart a$$e$ lately.

Ive found it is kind of the opposite. I usually see the broscience people get bashed. Regardless there are def some angry people on here, but thats the internet I guess.

I have posted on another (unrelated) forum since I was in College and it makes this place seem like a joyride. I think that has maybe conditioned me a bit more than people who are new to message boards.

I have a pretty thick skin when it comes to this site and internet forums in general. But sometimes, the responses and general attitudes you get on here are both humorous and pitiful. The internet tough guys and trolls take the cake though. But nothing, and I say nothing is as brutal as WoW forums. Those MMORPG guys take their craft seriously :indifferent:

I disagree. Ever go over to the D3 forums? They make the WoW ones look like Candy Land.

This may be the case, a lot of people left WoW to play D3...on another note...Trade chat...discuss.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Because trolls be trolling. trololololololol the day long

38040574.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

proud member of the "smart as* brigade"
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Don't feel like you actually have to go fck yourself with a cactus. You don't have to fck yourself at all. Or you can use something a little less...brutal.

look at the bright side..at least you are F'ing someone you love!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

This may be the case, a lot of people left WoW to play D3...on another note...Trade chat...discuss.

First thing I do when going into a new city is turn off trade chat. Too much noise. Unless the trivia bot is around, then that's amusing.

Barrens chat, on the other hand....well, that one's just too much of a train wreck to mute (at least, before Cata, when the Barrens was actually a decent-sized zone). http://www.jinx.com/p/world_of_warcraft_barrens_chat_t_shirt.html
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

If you become her friend and don't cheerlead her then she will put a post in the forums about what a terrible friend you are. That's what this is all about, Her first post asked for friends and cut down her current friends for not cheerleading. This is her second thread where she is complaining about the people that her first post offensive.

I'll be friends with anyone.. but I don't cheerlead unless I think you're making good choices. lol. And if I see you eating crappy and then complaing that you cant' lose weight or something.. i'll tell you what I think... I get hate mail for that.. cant' take it? Dont' friend me.. lol. I get called out occasionally on my choices too. Because we can't be perfect all the time. Although the best was I got a girl calling me a hypocrit cause i called her out on her diary a fwe weeks ago and I was sick on Sunday and over ate (colds do that too me) and she send me this LONG *kitten* HATE E-MAIL. wow.. anger management much? I thanked her for her thoughless critism and told her to go eat something. LOL
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: Thankyou!

And yeah I am a tiny bit familiar with that board - from a LONG time ago (pre the first expansion) and yes much more brutal.
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    So, OP is upset that people on the internet are mean to her?

nobody-is-special.jpg
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options

Yeah, seems like it. Problem here was I was asking for new friends. I guess they didn't like how I asked, and I can see how I didn't come across well (hindsight and all that ). But still, some of what they're saying...yeesh. I want to stop looking but it's a train wreck there!

Odd, thought you were bashing your friends for not giving you props... but didn't some of your friend list show up and call you out for the same thing?

I'll quote myself because it seems my question was overlooked, OP.

No, wasn't ignoring you, but I responded to another person that asked a similar question. It's not anyone from my friends list. Mostly, they don't log on regularly, and therefore don't notice anything that's going on.

So, you basically trash the people on your list.. while asking for new people?

Maybe I misread this:
    They don't notice anything I do anyway, so I'm alienating them how? You think they're gonna notice this? I don't...

Why do you keep them as friends if they don't fulfill their part of the friendship? Is it really necessary to openly call them out for not supporting you? Your methods don't really inspire me to want to be your friend. I would honestly rather you just cut me if you aren't satisfied with our friendship than to blast me in the forums. But good luck with that.

Is it really necessary for YOU to call ME out? You could EASILY have ignored my post. If you don't want to be my friend, I'm ok with that.

Just thought I'd bring to your attention something that my be preventing you from finding supportive friends. It's a two-way street, you know.

That is not your job...I appreciate what you are trying to do. I should be able to voice how I feel without criticisms or feeling like I said something wrong.

or maybe I didn't.

I certainly wouldn't wanna be on your friends list and come across a thread where you were bashing everyone... but hey, good luck with that.

Then don't be my friend...but all this research you're doing...what's the point? Do you have a job?
    Research? It takes five minutes to look at a forum and even less time to spot a needy self-absorbed high maintenance hypocrite.

Sweet jesus, what a princess.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRtNVuOv1D9zWVDg9oKJxDC0FfR28ad8_Z1t8BXKWTzMR_o9G1

YES
This discussion has been closed.