Why are people on here angry?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have no idea. I'm not sure it's a matter of anger, but I know for myself, I'm very opinionated and not afraid to let people know it.
  • fit_spired_vicky
    Options
    Because they're hungry.

I was just about to say that.
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm angry because it snowed yesterday. Seriously? It's the MIDDLE OF MAY. Old Man Winter can bite my big bum.

Yep sick of this snow and I need a Milky Way Dark just sayin
  • DEMoran61
    DEMoran61 Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree with most of the posts that those folks are hungry. Like any addiction, no matter what, when you stop cold turkey, your body is not gonna be happy and those "happy" levels are going to drop. I have gone through it when I quit smoking and my sigo when he quit drinking. Hang in there, you will find supportive friends.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I posted something about an hour ago, and it seems quite a few forum readers did not appreciate what I said. But one of the responses was "Go **** yourself with a cactus". That just seemed unnecessary and what I said shouldn't have garnered anyone saying that. Nothing near that.

I've seen other people who post in the forums get beat up and it makes me wonder why people on here are so angry? I thought we were here to help each other out, not tear each other down.

When people come across as angry know-it-all jerks I try to remember that anger is the flip side/mask/cover-up of fear/weakness and that makes me laugh inside or even out loud.
    And yes,in case one of those weaklings wants to throw it in my face, I am a psychologist.......:o).
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the posts that those folks are hungry. Like any addiction, no matter what, when you stop cold turkey, your body is not gonna be happy and those "happy" levels are going to drop. I have gone through it when I quit smoking and my sigo when he quit drinking. Hang in there, you will find supportive friends.

Sometimes you have to BE a good friend, to HAVE good friends.
    Posting multiple nasty threads about people, isn't usually the way to do that.
    Just sayin'
  • smmadsen
    smmadsen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You guys crack me up! I got on this post because I wanted to see what the fuss was about.
    However, It seems like some really great people have come to your defense!
    I think this one ended positive.

Ok, also don't eat the snickers or milky way dark unless you really feel the urge. I see lots of positive changes on here.
    Some really fantastic inspirations!

P.S. Just saying I would rather have snow than this nasty hot, humid Texas weather. Anyway, I guess we always want what's on the other side of the fence.

110 # Wow! Just saying Congrats!
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Is that cactus thing a cardio or a strength training? And how many calories per minute?
    Depends on the position.

jNPE8DE.jpg
    ...if ingested orally.
  • sgtlee13
    sgtlee13 Posts: 66
    Options
    This thread is COMEDY GOLD.
    It has taken a very enjoyable turn.

yes!
    i think i'm going to log this as an ab workout
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    My reply's are short and to the point. (normally filled with bad spelling too!)

It may come across as angry, but its not. I dont pander to peoples whimpers/whims or general mardyness in real life, why would i do it just because its the internet?
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I too am going with Hangry.... The Anger that comes with being Hungry.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I've got a cactus in my office

I'll just bet you do...... :)
  • sueseon
    sueseon Posts: 5
    Options
    Because they're fat?
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Because they're fat?

tumblr_mc99xdfMqw1riahmqo1_400.gif
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Tagging for all the good gifs.

OP, posting about how your current friends aren't supportive enough for you is a pretty sure way to lose friends and make enemies. Borrowing the book might be a good idea (also you can get a free e version if you look).

It's also been my experience that the people who complain about friends not being supportive are generally not that supportive themselves. I try to acknowledge my friends accomplishments whether it's losing weight or logging in for x days, etc... But I'm not being paid to be someone's personal cheerleader nor am I receiving a paycheck as a motivational speaker. Some days I miss some. My friends know or should assume that I just didn't see it or was busy that day. How many of your friends do you motivate/encourage?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    also, read through pretty quick and didn't see any "go **** yourself comments" I could see why her current friends would be pissed though.

I read the whole thread and I didn't see any comments like this either.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

tumblr_mi1n1cm5a51rqfhi2o1_500.gif

I freakin love this gif.

Reposting just because. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.