What do you eat when you have chocolate cravings?

Options

Replies

• smartandtrim
    smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I keep individually wrapped dark chocolate in the house. If I want it, I have one. Moderation is key!
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My go-to treat is a 70 cal mini peanut butter fudge no bake cookie, I have one or two.

I'd love a recipe for this, if you have one to share. Thanks. :smile:
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Chocolate graham cracker animals. Buy em in a bag at the store :)
  • 84986em
    84986em Posts: 1
    Options
    I limit myself to 1 chocolate biscuit bar a day (the 100kcal ones)
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like 65%-80% dark chocolate and keep blocks of it in my freezer.

for me, by the time I've finished the frozen piece, the craving is gone.

if I still crave it and know I shouldn't continue, I have a really bitter (95%) bar that I nibble off of. since it is just a little TOO bitter for my tastes, it kills the chocolate craving.

I love that! I'll need to start putting it in the freezer :)

I find it's easy to not go overboard if I portion out chocolate/trail mixes/etc. So, I'll measure out what I have the calories for and put it in a ziplock to take to work. Once it's gone...there isn't any more and that's it. At home, I'm usually too busy to dig into the whole batch :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Reading chocolate substitution treads always makes me sadz . . . there's no substitute for chocolate, the sooner you figure that out and just eat the chocolate the better off you'll be. The darker the better. I like to get Lindt's or Ghirardelli dark chocolate bars and eat one or two squares . . . or Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips. It's not the chocolate that kills your calorie allowance, it's the over indulgence in chocolate.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Gihradelli 82%- 1 square does the trick... but if It's very bad I need 2. :)
  • thenewpath2me
    Options
    Sugar Free Chocolate pudding hit's the spot, I also like fat free whip cream on it!! YUM!!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I eat Endangered Species 88% or chocolate mint. One square (1/15 of the bar) is 28 calories. Sometimes I have 2 squares.

I also drink chocolate flavored coffee, black, in the mornings sometimes.
  • meadowsmummy
    meadowsmummy Posts: 108
    Options
    Jell-O sugar free Chocolate pudding yummy
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    When I crave chocolate I eat chocolate. I just eat it, log it, work it in.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i eat chocolate. or use chocolate protein powder in soy milk. mostly I just eat chocolate =)
  • Theohariti
    Theohariti Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you want a low calorie brownie try the reduced guilt brownie mix from trader joe's. All you got to do is mix in 1 0% greek yogurt and a couple tablespoons of water. The hard part is trying not to eat the whole pan.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Lindt dark with sea salt and caramel. Tasty. Bitter enough that I get my fix with 50-100 cals. I just fit it in.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate. I just make sure I have room for it in my calorie goal.

Chocolate doesn't cause weight gain, excess cals do. No reason you can't save some cals for chocolate and still make progress.
    ^^This^^
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I like a few pieces of Chocolove Dark chocolate. I find that very "pure", organic dark chocolate hits that chocolate spot. The "C" vitamin. I try for the kind that has less sugar---and avoid a brownie or chocolate cake which usually has a lot of sugar, fat and other stuff...

Good luck!
  • IamDIVAlicious
    Options
    Chocolate, but not in abundance and stay within my calories for the day. I buy Hershey's kisses with almonds in the family pack and when I get a craving, I eat 2-3. That or chocolate/ice cream bon bons from Trader Joe's. One bon bon is 60 and satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I like Wegman's (local store chain) Low-Fat Fudge Bars! :D So good and they kill that chocolate craving for only 100 cals! Bonus, they usually take out that ice cream craving too! :)
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. If I don't have calories left for chocolate, I fire up the Kinnect and exercise me up some calories to burn, but usually, I'll change my planned night time dessert to chocolate if it wasn't already chocolate or included chocolate...