What do you eat when you have chocolate cravings?

Options

Replies

• sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    This just may be a personal preference but when I get cravings for sweet stuff I munch on some strawberries, pineapple, mangoes...natural sugar!

I absolutely frickin' love chocolate, though, so when I crave I eat a few blocks of dark chocolate...it's between 70-90% cocoa. I find if you eat a little piece in the morning, you won't have sugar cravings for the rest of the day.

I do the same, eat some fruit first. I can eat a lot of fruit for the same calorie allotment as is in 1 square of chocolate, and no saturated fat. Normally, I'm craving something sweet and not really the chocolate taste itself. If I'm craving rich and bitter flavors, I go for coffee.
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    If I feel the need I head to Boots the Chemist (UK) and get something from their Shapers range - usually under 100 calories for a bar of something chocolatey.
  • robin68562
    robin68562 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I drink hot cocoa. It takes longer to drink than it does to just eat away at chocolate and it really satisfies my craving. My favorite cocoa mix is Land-o-Lakes Classic Chocolate that comes in a singular pouch. It's a little pricey, but if it satisfies my craving, it's worth it.
  • wisebuys
    wisebuys Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Dove dark chocolate and dark chocolate mints, also hot chocolate (cuts the cravings fast), chocolate fudge bars (to cool down) and dark chocolate peanut m&m's (dangerous).
  • robin68562
    robin68562 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I also like those Coco Puff bars that come in a box of 6. They're only 100 calories, they're very chocolatey and they give me a little crunch, which is very satisfying,
  • P3tra_H
    P3tra_H Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I eat dark chocolate (min. 70% cacao). There are some good sugar free ones out there, with stevia that taste pretty much as the real thing and do not have that many calories from carbs.
  • fbledsoe
    fbledsoe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Chips. They are so rich that only a couple will do the trick
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    If I fancy chocolate..I have chocolate drops I put in some cereal..fills me up for a while and I enjoy some chocolate.
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Jell-O Dark Chocolate Sugar Free Pudding Cups. I think they are like 60 calories and delicious.

I also love these! And like most everyone else, I eat chocolate. Nearly every day in some form. I just work to make it within my calorie goal. :)
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Trick question - eat the chocolate, just plan it in to your day. Denying yourself what you crave isn't gonna help in the long run, but in moderation it should be peachy.

Just remember - eat the brownie = 300cals (est) so do 40 more min of a workout (or whatever) or plan accordingly and enjoy your treat :)

My fav form of chocolate - plain old Hershey's Bar = 210 cals and tastes HEAVENLY
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    This thread made me eat chocolate :mad:
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    YORK PEPPERMINT PATTIE
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Chocolate Clusters
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Dove chocolate is only about 40 calories per piece or I do sugar free chocolate instant pudding made with skim milk is only about 70 calories for 1/2 cup
  • rhinomom43
    rhinomom43 Posts: 2
    Options
    If you want to stay waway from chocolate, I found that eating dates helped me with the chocolate craving.
  • melissa3324
    melissa3324 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I eat one of those Nature Valley Honey and Oats Bars with a glass of skim milk. Actually, I eat two, because there's two in every package. I am trying to cut down to just one, though.

Or I eat 1 chewy granola bar.
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate--usually a square of TJs dark chocolate
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Chocolate :)
    I either make room in my cals for it (like today I had cake...) or I have the teeniest piece of really dark bitter chocolate
    x
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    :love: Fiber One Chocolate Brownine 90 cals!!
  • StarrySkiesYvaine
    StarrySkiesYvaine Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    To echo the comments of everyone else: I eat chocolate. I usually eat very dark chocolate (the bar I have at the moment is 85%) which I've grown to enjoy way more than the sickly sweet mainstream chocolate bars which now seem really tasteless to me. Plus, one square is enough. I don't end up wanting more. Other sweet things like chocolate coated popcorn/raisins I like, but I make sure to just measure out a little portion, not sit there with a big bag in front of me!

One good tip that works for me is if you have a chocolate craving, buy enough to satisfy that craving and not more - it sounds really obvious (sorry!) but if I have loads of chocolate in stock I'll eat more than I need just because it's there.