30 Day Shred...yes another one

Options

Replies

• mmz87
    mmz87 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello
    I just joined myfitnesspal today. I started 30 day shred as well, this is my third attempt. Hope I finish it this time.
  • lindssaurus
    lindssaurus Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I lost one inch from my hips in a week. it works but you have to not eat junk. I had to quit though after a while i couldnt stand looking at her and my knees were in pain for a week after. take your time doing the lunges and squats.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 3- it's my first time with the 30 day shred. I have been using 3lb weights. Not quite ready for 5. If I complete this one I might be motivated to try 5 or 8 lb.
  • heather4949
    heather4949 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just completed D4L2......am finding it easier.....but love it when it is cool down time.....then I go outside and walk the dog for 20mins to unwind and relax.....
  • Laukineprerija
    Options
    Hi. I am doing shred for second time.
    Firs time - with 1.5 kg weights, now - with 2,2 kg weight. Now it is hard, challenge.
    First time - I've lost a few pounds, stronger shoulders, arms, abs revealed, rose butt.
    The body gets used to the constant loads, but I again chose 30 days shred, because it is a short workout, through which one can achieve a lot.
    Cons - bored Jillian language, and then turn on the music.
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    snowboardandasuitcase Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I lost one inch from my hips in a week. it works but you have to not eat junk. I had to quit though after a while i couldnt stand looking at her and my knees were in pain for a week after. take your time doing the lunges and squats.

I'm taking two recovery days per week, to make sure my body has time to heal. It's not the best idea to work the same muscles everyday and since this works the whole body it's a good idea to let yourself recover!

Today will be Day 3 Level1, and tomorrow I will take a recovery day. I plan on doin the Shred in about 38 days.

Keep at it everyone!! We've got this!
  • NakAttack
    NakAttack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am usingm 5lbs weight also!

Cool! I just did Day 3 of Level 1 (every other day) and I am starting to see some definition in my arms. Now some of this may be from my strength training efforts starting back at the beginning of may, but I am excited to see what my measurements will look like tomorrow!!!
  • Mztae78
    Mztae78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 level 2 the planks are killing me!!! This is my third time trying this workout sometimes it a little intimidating to me so I started back on level 2 instead of 1. This time I will complete the 30 days because the results are amazing especially on back and belly fat
  • janestoaster
    janestoaster Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 1 level one. I actually didn't find it too hard, so am thinking should I start with heavier weights, like I worked up a sweat but never occurred to me to stop? I'm using 1kg weights.
  • Dena216
    Dena216 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing day 3 level 1 in an hour. I've been using 5 lb weights. It hurts but my 2 lb weights arent enough. I dont want to buy 3 lb weights just for the workout.
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    What a great idea. With summer starting for my son, and no more running him to school, I'll have a little extra time in the AM.
    Looking forward to this.
  • ladygyaru
    ladygyaru Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I skipped yesterday soooo today is Level 1 - Day 3!
    I use 3 pound weights and cannot do all of the shoulder raises on the last strength move. Also, I can only (barely) do girlie pushups. My upperbody strength is a JOKE lol.
    Ate a bit over my goal as well yesterday because I had a friend's birthday dinner. So no workout + more calories = guilt today :(
  • djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I just did level 3 day 1! OMG! All of you....run! Run away now! Man that was tough!
  • arniemc
    arniemc Posts: 210
    Options
    Day 3 Level 1 Done
  • heather4949
    heather4949 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    D5L2............I know if I don't do when I jump out of bed 1st thing....even before coffee.....I mightn't do it.....so far that thinking has worked for me.....and I feel great knowing I have started the day in the most wonderful way.......see you all tomorrow....
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    I started 3 days ago and already notice a difference in my abdomen and arms are more toned and starting to have definition. I am waiting until day 10 to measure again. I still have to skip the last few jumping rope and such since I get shin splints easily. Vitamin D and magnesium is helping that. I do feel stronger, but I am still sore walking up and down the stairs. I do also do Zumba on an average of 2-3 times a week also.
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    I forgot to say that I am on Day 3 of level 1. I was planning on doing level 1 for the first ten days and then level 2 for the next ten days and then level 3 for the last ten days if I can.
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    snowboardandasuitcase Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing day 3 level 1 in an hour. I've been using 5 lb weights. It hurts but my 2 lb weights arent enough. I dont want to buy 3 lb weights just for the workout.

I've been using 1.5L plastic bottles full of water because I don't have weights, and apparently they're 3.3 lbs! If you have any old bottles laying around... :)
  • kweni16
    kweni16 Posts: 30
    Options
    Day 3 of level as well! Is this program effective for losing weight?
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    How is every one hanging on? Day 5 (for me) and its been great! Got in the floor with my puppy last night and was pretty sure my thighs were going to separate themselves from my body! lol.