healthy cereals and skim milk are not good for you.

Options

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for reminding me I had milk today! Forgot to put it on my diary! :noway:
  • spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    "I read somewhere"

well, I'm convinced.
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that all this healthy stuff is not good for dieting. If anything knows alternatives please share!

Not good how? I eat a bowl of bran flakes most every morning, I love it, yum! ;)

Me too or honey bunches of oats almost everyday sometimes switch it for an egg omelet or outmeal.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Personally I have no idea why humans think it is healthy to drink a cows breast milk.

CAUSE IT'S DELICIOUS... AND... ITS FUN!
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Not healthy? As a pose to.... Unhealthy cereal and sweetened low fat milk? Or....?
  • Brandie1988
    Brandie1988 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't often eat cereals, but when I do I eat Captain Crunch.

Deliciousness..
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    unhealthy people eat cereal and skim milk therefore you will be unhealthy if you do the same.

all grains and dairy are bad. This paleo book I read said if our ancestors didn't eat it then it is bad.

I wish there was a hi-5 smiley!:laugh:
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    unhealthy people eat cereal and skim milk therefore you will be unhealthy if you do the same.

all grains and dairy are bad. This paleo book I read said if our ancestors didn't eat it then it is bad.

Our ancestors also didn't have beds, guess we shouldn't use those.. I suppose we should get rid of our clothes too.. And the water from taps? Oh hellz no, best we go gather some water from a dam.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options

Our ancestors also didn't have beds, guess we shouldn't use those.. I suppose we should get rid of our clothes too.. And the water from taps? Oh hellz no, best we go gather some water from a dam.

Oh snap, they didn't have MFP, either. We all better deactivate our accounts!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8onrkyTzN1rucurdo1_250.gif
    Pointless thread.

Seconded.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    running-into-a-wall-o.gif
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Personally I have no idea why humans think it is healthy to drink a cows breast milk.

lol, lol, lol

human babies drink human breast milk and most love it! so cows milk shouldn't seem so strange.

Human milk is for human babies and cows milk is for cow babies, but your not a baby anymore are you?
    Cow's milk is for grown up humans to take & use for cream, whipped cream, buttah, yogurt, cheese, so much cheese, ice cream, and, oh yeah - plain old milk because it's yummy with cookies, on cereal, mixed with chocolate, etc, etc,!

Back to the original post - I drink milk and still eat cereal, although not for breakfast so much anymore, usually for bed time snacks if it fits in my day. Now I go for more protein at breakfast - eggs, oatmeal with yogurt, fruit & nuts, etc. I drink chocolate milk after some of my workouts, haven't had any problems losing the fat. :drinker:
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

lol, lol, lol

human babies drink human breast milk and most love it! so cows milk shouldn't seem so strange.

Human milk is for human babies and cows milk is for cow babies, but your not a baby anymore are you?

han-solo-annoyed.gif

So what about mother's who can't breastfeed their children and depend on formula? Baby formula is usually some form of cows milk with added minerals, nutrients essential for growth. Or other countries whose staple diet includes goats milk? I guess those kids and people are just SOL then...

Absurd.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Its is basicly what they do to its the problem hungry for change is a great show that really explains this well. Look at the back some of that stuff is just terrible. Other cereals are actually pretty damn awesome. As for milk eh if you like it. I cant stand the thought lol
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that all this healthy stuff is not good for dieting. If anything knows alternatives please share!

tumblr_m63cwutk9L1rzozkio1_500.gif
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal and milk almost every day and weigh 98 pounds.

Skim milk is good for you. Whole grain cereal low in sugar is also good for you. Make sure to add some additional protein on the side though, like a few egg whites or a scoop of whey, to tame hunger longer. Also count calories if you are eating a heavier cereal like granola which by the way is divine !

Edit: Crap, fed the troll.
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options

Bahahaha!!!
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

tumblr_mh5q8ayuUV1qb4bjpo1_500.gif
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options

Bahahaha!!!

Omg. I cant stop laughing
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options

I'm not vegan and I do eat dairy products + meat, so I'm not gonna defend the original point (although I have to admit it IS strange that we consume other beings dead flesh, baby milk, etc.).

But I never understood this argument. It always comes up when vegans and non-vegans discuss and I'm like "Huh...so basically, you wanna live like a caveman?" Thing is, we've evolved and we know a lot more and are capable of a lot of things that our ancestors weren't.