need friends who are starting running or are runners!

Options

Replies

• nre820
    nre820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love running as well! I am slowly building my distance back up after a winter of sickness and injuries. I'm hoping to do a marathon this fall! Feel free to add me!
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

i'm currently doing the Zombie 5K training - only on week 2 but enjoying it. Started running last year but ended up with severe shin splints.

I'm signed up to do a 5K colour run in July and then because I'm slightly ( only slightly) insane I've also signed up for a Tough Mudder in October.

I'm gonna do the Tough Mudder in October too! WV?
  • Wulfman72
    Wulfman72 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just got my FitBit up and running. Can't wait to start using it. Looking for some Fitbit and MFP buddies to say motivated with. Go ahead and add me ^_^
  • playprettie1
    playprettie1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am very new to running. I used to hate it, but knew what a great workout is can be. I decided to try it again (using a mile a day challenge) and found that I was actually enjoying it. I ran into sinus issues while running, but dont want that to stop me. I'm still in the very early jog/walk stages but would love to run my first 5k this year.

Anyone feel free to add me...I can use the support.
  • bhertel1659
    bhertel1659 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also training for my first half in July!
  • farm_mama
    farm_mama Posts: 1
    Options
    I just had my second child on Feb 17, 2013. I ran a 5k on May 11th! I am signed up for three more throughout the summer. I am going to start trainig for a half in October. I am a little nervous I won't be able to do it, but I can and WILL. Even if I have to walk across the finish line!
  • divinenanny
    divinenanny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, runners.
    I started 5K runner in Februari, have been training 5K's since this month and did my first race last Saturday. I hope to register for a Colorrun in August (they sell out crazy fast) and have registered for my first 10K on September 21st!
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The OP deactivated their account.

nm... this post is from 2012. Lol!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

i'm currently doing the Zombie 5K training - only on week 2 but enjoying it. Started running last year but ended up with severe shin splints.

I'm signed up to do a 5K colour run in July and then because I'm slightly ( only slightly) insane I've also signed up for a Tough Mudder in October.

I'm gonna do the Tough Mudder in October too! WV?

Mine is in Cheshire in the UK. Good luck
  • JT_Taylor_99
    Options
    Hi...I have ran over a dozen 5ks, ran my first half marathon this month and I also cycle. Everyone please feel free to add me.

JT
  • AshleyMeggg
    AshleyMeggg Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

I'm doing zombie 5k training too! I'm on week four, but I have to admit that I don't finish one training week per actual week. I usually do two days of it a week.
    Oh, and anyone can add me! I'm just starting to get into running, but I'm signed up for a half marathon this November.
  • Angeldach
    Angeldach Posts: 56
    Options
    Trying to start up again, I think it'll be good! I'll send a friend request!
  • laurasuzanne2006
    laurasuzanne2006 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've done 2 1/2 marathons and have started training for the chicago marathon in october :)
  • runninggirl1981
    Options
    I love running. I've done 86 marathons, loads of half marathons and 10ks, and some ultra marathons :) Add me :)
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    I have a 10K in Sept, I have done the GNR a couple of times (badly) and I'm determined to get a good time at this one.

Anyone feel free to add me, you can never have too many running friends...
  • stephyw2001
    stephyw2001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would like to start jogging more often! My goal is to do a 5K at some point this year. The color and zombie runs sound like a great time! I'm in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area. Anyone else around that area that would like a jogging buddy? I'm thinking of starting just 1 -2 times a week and going from there. I know life is busy :-)

Anyone feel free to add me! I also swing dance, zumba, and do Jillian Michaels videos for exercise. :-)
  • divaford140
    divaford140 Posts: 2,511 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to the group! I've done some 5ks and the Diva-Half Marathon just this past April. But I still do a walk/run pace working on totally running!!!!! So I gottcha for support!!!!
  • sdreed25
    sdreed25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner and try to support/motive my MFP friends, this month a few of us are trying 100k for May and no doubt we'll try something else for June.
  • mizzoudays
    mizzoudays Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back to running this year. 1/2 marathon is at the end of September. I could use some running friends for motivation. Add me here or on MapMyRun #mizzoudays in Blue Springs, MO
  • emelia_
    emelia_ Posts: 91
    Options
    Add me! I've been running for several years now and have done quite a few races :)