HCG progress and updates - for people on it or thinking abou

Options

Replies

• Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    And by eating right when I was pregnant (hcg running rampant through my body) I lost 20 pounds. Hence, it worked for me before. I was just not disciplined enough to keep the weight off.

I have noticed no side effects - except feeling better than I have in years, needing no motrin for the constant aches and pains I used to have, having tremendous energy, fitting into clothes that have not seen the light of day in 2 years, buying organic food more often...

Yes, you know, with these side effects it's really hard to "justify" using hcg.

Oh - and another side effect is seeing bone and muscle definition that I have not seen in a long time. I didn't know I still had hip bones :laugh:

Don't mean to be snarky, but before you ask us to justify something, think. You've read about it. We're doing it. I think personal experience trumps research. Of course, stick with what you feel comfortable doing. For me, no amount of calorie counting and exercise could get me out of my plateau. This has.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    You HCG guys are very tempting! :wink: Scallops? Lobster? Did someone call my name? :love:

Honestly, I've been a bit of a forum stalker. I've read pretty much every post in this thread! I've been stuck for going on three months at 218-223 pounds. Doesn't seem to matter what I do - one week I lose, the next week I gain.

After seeing the successes here, I started researching HCG. I'm a worrier, so I looked at the possible side effects and they are pretty scary! How do you guys justify using HCG with some of the possibilities? Eek.

I'm contemplating an HCG try ... but I think my mind would be sick with worry of what could happen to my body. I'm sure I'd lose weight ... but is it worth risking my health otherwise? Gah. I don't know. I've tried other supplements - Tonalin CLA, GNC beHOT, Acai Berry ... not sure why I have my brakes on so heavy about HCG ... lol

The side effects they are talking about it research done on women using HCG when going through treatment for infertility and the dosage is about 10 times higher than what we are taking for weight loss.

If HCG were that dangerous, every pregnant woman would be ill and have bad, bad side effects as it is made way more in pregnant women than the dosage we are using to lose weight.

I have to say that my hormones are actually lining out and my body is starting to work on its own the way it is supposed to so the health benefits are astounding to me!!!

My doctor fully endorses this (the only reason I am even doing it) and believe me I researched it heavily before embarking on this journey.
  • ephay
    ephay Posts: 74
    Options
    You HCG guys are very tempting! :wink: Scallops? Lobster? Did someone call my name? :love:

Honestly, I've been a bit of a forum stalker. I've read pretty much every post in this thread! I've been stuck for going on three months at 218-223 pounds. Doesn't seem to matter what I do - one week I lose, the next week I gain.

After seeing the successes here, I started researching HCG. I'm a worrier, so I looked at the possible side effects and they are pretty scary! How do you guys justify using HCG with some of the possibilities? Eek.

I'm contemplating an HCG try ... but I think my mind would be sick with worry of what could happen to my body. I'm sure I'd lose weight ... but is it worth risking my health otherwise? Gah. I don't know. I've tried other supplements - Tonalin CLA, GNC beHOT, Acai Berry ... not sure why I have my brakes on so heavy about HCG ... lol

You have to run with whatever you're comfortable with. I was concerned about the 500 daily caloric intake, more than the HCG. But...I've done fertility treatments and they put me on HCG with that. So...I knew I didn't have any side effects. In regards to my concern for the caloric intake...completely unfounded. Totally NOT hungry until it was about time to eat, and even then I filled up so much faster on less than I had before starting.

If you're interested in trying it, I'd suggest the shots over the drops (but chime in folks...what's your opinion??) just because that's what I've done previously in my fertility round. I got mine from alldaychemist.com. You can get nearly everything from them or you can hit Ebay for everything except the HCG.
  • lorishines
    Options
    Good morning folks! Upon waking up this morning - I dropped another 1.6 pounds. SINCE GOING TO BED!!!

Awesome! I realized that I have been omitting the alotted tablespoon of dairy- and I think its to my benefit. I am actually starting to like my coffee black. Well, I should say I am adjusting to it,

I am definitely going to the grocery store today because frankly - THAT CRAB -- is calling my name~ ! I am thinking of mixing crab, diced onions, diced strawberries and crumbling a breadstick on top. Maytbe some lemon juice - or something to make it moist then baking it,,,
    hmmm... kinda like a "crab cake casserole ! " We'll see!

Any ideas for spices or different combos of permitted foods to make mini casseroles?

For anyone who struggles with the desire to eat snacks or graze - here is what I did yesterday . I saved my grissini for after dinner. I got it a tiny bit damp by rubbing a drop of water along the whole thing. I sprinkled a tiny bit of pepper and pure garlic powder (no additives) on it (the water helps the spices stick) Then I just kinda chewed on it and nibbled very slowly. -Picture it hanging out of my mouth the way an old man would chew on a cigar. It was TOTALLY satisfying - it took about 10 minutes to eat it all- and while I was watching a tv show it seemed to be the perfect replacement psychologically for my usual unhealthy choices.

Anyway- good work everyone!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    And by eating right when I was pregnant (hcg running rampant through my body) I lost 20 pounds. Hence, it worked for me before. I was just not disciplined enough to keep the weight off.

I have noticed no side effects - except feeling better than I have in years, needing no motrin for the constant aches and pains I used to have, having tremendous energy, fitting into clothes that have not seen the light of day in 2 years, buying organic food more often...

Yes, you know, with these side effects it's really hard to "justify" using hcg.

Oh - and another side effect is seeing bone and muscle definition that I have not seen in a long time. I didn't know I still had hip bones :laugh:

Don't mean to be snarky, but before you ask us to justify something, think. You've read about it. We're doing it. I think personal experience trumps research. Of course, stick with what you feel comfortable doing. For me, no amount of calorie counting and exercise could get me out of my plateau. This has.

I understand. I just wanted to know what justified the possibility of side effects to each of you - personally. :flowerforyou: I'm glad things are going so well for you and for the others posting on this thread. If my post came out as "OMG this drug has so many side effects why the heck would you want to take it?!" - it TOTALLY did not mean to, lol
  • Leigh14
    Options

The side effects they are talking about it research done on women using HCG when going through treatment for infertility and the dosage is about 10 times higher than what we are taking for weight loss.

If HCG were that dangerous, every pregnant woman would be ill and have bad, bad side effects as it is made way more in pregnant women than the dosage we are using to lose weight.

I have to say that my hormones are actually lining out and my body is starting to work on its own the way it is supposed to so the health benefits are astounding to me!!!

My doctor fully endorses this (the only reason I am even doing it) and believe me I researched it heavily before embarking on this journey.

I started researching HCG almost solely because I saw you are trying it, LOL. I know that you research the heck out of something before you try it and I also know that you have been very adamant about losing weight naturally and eating natural, organic foods.

Thank you for the information!
  • Leigh14
    Options

You have to run with whatever you're comfortable with. I was concerned about the 500 daily caloric intake, more than the HCG. But...I've done fertility treatments and they put me on HCG with that. So...I knew I didn't have any side effects. In regards to my concern for the caloric intake...completely unfounded. Totally NOT hungry until it was about time to eat, and even then I filled up so much faster on less than I had before starting.

If you're interested in trying it, I'd suggest the shots over the drops (but chime in folks...what's your opinion??) just because that's what I've done previously in my fertility round. I got mine from alldaychemist.com. You can get nearly everything from them or you can hit Ebay for everything except the HCG.

Thanks for the advice! I've got to visit my doctor this week, so I am going to ask his opinion and if he administers the shots. He's pretty "old school," so I'm not sure if this will be too out of the box for him or not. :wink:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    question here when do you get off this hcg can you ever stop and keep weight off just wondering as i am always looking and reading pros and cons of whatever is new no judging just wondering as it took about a yr of reading , talking , watching ,utube ,post , blogs before trying it which i am in the 4th week 4 day today
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    :noway: ( administers the shots ) i am out ! :frown:
  • pbradshaw
    Options
    Thanks for all the great information about the HCG diet. I have been on the diet for four days and have lost 3 pounds. This is great because before I was only losing about 1 pound each week. I am experiencing slight headaches. is anyone else experiencing this side effect?

Thanks!
    Patty from Texas
  • ephay
    ephay Posts: 74
    Options
    :noway: ( administers the shots ) i am out ! :frown:

LOL! Sorry, I'm not laughing at you...just your smileys! There are two options, you can do drops under your tongue or you can use shots. I self-administer the shots using a 29g needle (think tiny 1/2" insulin needle). You can get them even smaller (31g) but the 29g generally doesn't hurt.

Hey...that reminds me. Anyone else doing the shots? Do you get a STING every now & again? Something that makes you catch your breath & then makes you rub the injection site for a few seconds while it wears off? Or am I doing something wrong? It's not horrible (c'mon...if it stings but I lose 1-lbs + per day...it's TOTALLY manageable!) Just curious if anyone else has noticed this & if you figured out how to NOT experience it.
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    Just had a 104 calorie lunch! And I am stuffed. I gorged on 4 ounces of crab with lemon and a little picante sauce - tasted like a spicy crab cocktail and sliced English cucumber. Put the crab on the cucumber slices and and ate it like little appetizers.

I don't know what will happen in phase 3. I hope to be able to add more protein and fat, but not sugar or starch so that I stabliize properly and then eventually add some pasta and whole grains back into my diet.

The big thing is that you weigh yourself every day. If you are plus 2 pounds more than the day before, you kno wyou need to fix something.

It's a lot easier to correct a 2 pound gain than a 5 pound gain if you are only weighing yourself once a week.

I am doing the homeopathic sublingual hcg - hcg platinum.
  • lorishines
    Options
    I rub my skin with alcohol pad first before injecting then LET IT DRY before inserting the needle- that reduces the sting. Also- the tighter you pinch your skin - the less it hurts. And Always pull it out straight and quickly- this should reduce the ouchie factor.
    I did get the sting once - and it was I think, because the alcohol from the wipey was not dry yet.

Day 4 of VLCD - down 5 pounds! AND I feel remarkably great. Tummy growls periodically between the meals but I have been chugging water, coffee and tea and it really helps.

I didnt think I could REALLY consume so little food- but some how the HCG is workin' it's magic.

I was on a 1100 calorie a day diet for 2 months- and I was ALWAYS hungry- and fighting cravings but with the HCG and only 500 calories I am surprisingly - not struggling too much!

THEN I step on the scale and pounds are melting away, as promised. so I seriously shriek with joy and this morning I even did a little victory dance! (perhaps premature- I am still in the early stage of the diet)
  • July24Lioness
    Options

Thanks for the advice! I've got to visit my doctor this week, so I am going to ask his opinion and if he administers the shots. He's pretty "old school," so I'm not sure if this will be too out of the box for him or not. :wink:

Thanks for the compliment!! Just goes to show that people take in more of what I say than other members of this website think. Yay for me!!!

The HCG Diet has been around for a long time (research from the 1950's and started administering in the 1970's). For me, that was a long enough research time to prove healthy or not.

I personally believe that Dr simeons was a genius and he is on to something!! After losing the weight it is up to each one of us to maintain the hard work we are putting in right now, as with any other eating plan. I think the restrictiveness and the clean eating gives us an advantage over "regular dieters".

I was already a pretty clean eater before and I think I have cleaned it up the rest of the way..........

If your doctor is pretty old school, he may very well endorse this plan!! If not, google diet centers in your area and see what other clinics are around.

I am lucky enough that I go to a Naturopathic doctor that totally believes in the HCG thing!!!
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    question here when do you get off this hcg can you ever stop and keep weight off just wondering as i am always looking and reading pros and cons of whatever is new no judging just wondering as it took about a yr of reading , talking , watching ,utube ,post , blogs before trying it which i am in the 4th week 4 day today

I know several people that are maintaining their losses............

The key to maintaining once you stop the HCG is to adhere to Phase 3 and Phase 4 as it is written. Plain and simple. If you don't follow this plan EXACTLY as its written, your hypothalamus will not reset itself to the lower set point and you won't be able to stablize the weight.

Phase 3 is simply eat what you want, EXCEPT no sugar, no starch. That leaves ALL VEGGIES, FRUIT, NUTS, PROTEIN, FATS. All natural eating!!!

Phase 4 slowly starts re-introducing sugars and starches.
  • samanthad2u
    Options
    well know side effects of HCG in women is Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. It says the ricks increases with each cycle. I think it might be time for me to rethink this diet.

FYI:
    Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome can be mild, moderate, or severe:
    • Mild hyperstimulation causes enlargement of the ovaries and discomfort and fluid buildup in the abdomen.
    • Moderate hyperstimulation causes additional symptoms including nausea, vomiting, and shortness of breath. This condition may require bed rest.
    • Severe hyperstimulation can cause life-threatening fluid buildup around the heart and lungs and in the abdomen, and a drop in blood fluid content. This condition requires urgent medical care and hospitalization to prevent liver failure, stroke, or heart damage.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone--here is the latest on my progress
    Day 18 and have lost 12 lbs. As of this morning, I weigh what I did the day I got married in August of 1990!! A weight I haven't seen since then. I still have at least another 50 lbs. to be at an ideal weight for my height, but at least the scale is finally moving again. :drinker: :drinker: Women usually lose less than men on this program--and every other one, it seems:ohwell: but an average of .6666 lbs. per day means I can expect to be down between 25 and 30 lbs. from where I started by the end of August. That is still much more than I could expect on a "normal" diet plan, so I 'll take it.

I lost my first 50 lbs. with calorie counting, fat and carb watching, and lots of walking, but after Christmas, I hit a weight I had held for several years, and couldn't seem to get any further. I initially read this thread and another one prior to it that rob1976 had posted on where he talked about the research he and his wife did before going on HCG. Somewhere along the line, I learned it could help with your body having a "setpoint" where you couldn't seem to get below that point. Since that seemed to be the problem, I decided to give it a try.

After the first week, I find the VLCD (very low calorie diet--for those new to the thread) not that difficult to follow. I confess to not being spot on with everything. I had a problem with binging on grissini late in the evening. Now that they are gone, that is no longer a problem. Regular melba toast, or Ak Mak crackers don't have that effect on me. I compared the nutritional values and ingredients of Ak Mak with melba toast, and there isn't much difference, BUT, Ak Mak don't have any artificial ingredients and all the melba's I could find did.

I also don't adhere to the don't eat after 6p rule, because on my schedule, I don't usually eat lunch until around 2 in the afternoon. I am not usually hungry right away when I get up, so waiting to eat is not a big deal. In the event I am hungry earlier, I will eat 1/2 a portion of the fruit that is allowed. I have also found I do better if I only have the cracker/toast component with my 1st meal and don't have any in the evening. It seems to keep me from wanting to nibble late in the evening.

I have changed my facial moisturizer to an oil-free product (Neutrogena), and although I due miss my Shea butter body wash, I can live without it until I am finished with the HCG. I continue to use the same shampoo and conditioner that I always have. My thought is that they are on and off the head so quickly that not much could be absorbed.

I am not weak or shaky as one would expect on a VLCD, so I feel like the HCG is having a positive effect. I can't relate personal experience about female hormone changes as I had a full hysterectomy early in 2009. I have continued to take a .5mg dosage of Estrogen since starting HCG. No changes I can see since starting it. By combining my foods carefully, I am able to get 60-70 grams of protein each day.

I also changed my food diary to monitor potassium instead of sodium. I figured sodium is taking care of itself because of the clean foods I am eating. Potassium is important to monitor on a VLCD to avoid any possible issues with heart function. I am taking a potassium supplement, in addition to a multi-vitamin and a resveratrol (anti-oxidant) supplement (since I am over 50), as well as my calcium, magnesium and zinc, and vitamin D. I did stop taking Vitamin E during this program as I read the fat in it can affect the success of the diet.

So, that is where things are. I am not quite halfway through my 1st course, and plan to carry on. I am even confident enough in what I am doing that I plan to visit our county fair--a giant foodfest--on Sunday with some friends. I plan to bring my own food and when my friends want to sit down and pig out, I plan to excuse myself and go find a quiet bench somewhere far away from the smell of curly fries and yakisoba noodles!!!:wink:

Good luck to everyone, and to the lurkers and skeptics, I can only say, I was hesitant, but decided there was only one way to find out if would work. For me, the proof is in the results.
  • IHCG
    IHCG Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm on day 3 VLCD. I'm dwn 4lbs so far. I think I may need to plan my food out better. Becuz I've had the headacke.
  • 4everFalbo
    4everFalbo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The headache is normal for the first few days. Taking a few tylenol should help.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Headache is common during the first few days. Your body is adjusting to ketosis (fat burning) and it is also getting rid of toxins that were hanging around from your former regular diet. By day 5 you should notice a difference in how you feel.

I found it helpful for keeping the hungries at bay to eat in stages. A little fruit at mid morning, if I was hungry. Protein and veggies for lunch, and keep the melba/grissini for a mid-afternoon snack. Since I tend to get hungry in the evening, I would save my fruit from dinner and eat it later in the evening.

Hang in there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!