hypocritical people on newsfeed

Options

Replies

• _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    And you know she started at 1200 calories, how?

Making presumptions about someone just so you can call them hypocritcal and bash them on a public forum is pretty childish.
  • MadisonLeo
    MadisonLeo Posts: 89
    Options
    gus-psyche-popcorn.gif

This here's gonna get GOOOOOD!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS JUST GAVE ME LIFE RIGHT NOW LOL :drinker:
  • elle2bee
    elle2bee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    OP, this is not REAL problems. And certainly not Motivational or Supportive. DRAMA!!!!!!!!
  • ElleM0
    ElleM0 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    So you make a post about it? Just do what you believe work for you and move on. Why the drama?

Sovi, I :heart: you!
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    A lot us us started at 1,200, then we learned better. How is it hypocritical to learn from ones mistakes and try to help others learn?
    I started at 800 calories, now I'm losing nicely at 2,000. I have more energy, kill my workouts, and am happier. You're saying I shouldn't encourage people to eat more when it's healthier for most to do so?

ETA: In for the drama
    Bacon anyone?
    tumblr_mkqjpvPA7i1s5orbto1_500.gif

How you doin?
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    ETA: This calling out was unnecessary, bad form, and changes nothing. Still, gifs.
    2yjsnwo.jpg
  • ElleM0
    ElleM0 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    gus-psyche-popcorn.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS JUST GAVE ME LIFE RIGHT NOW LOL :drinker:

Madi - YESSSSSSSSS!!!!! Gus is giving it to me too.. BWAHAHAHA.. :laugh:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Do you know for certain that she started at under 1200? Does she currently eat 1200 calories? If not, how exactly was she being hypocritical?

^^ This.

Get off your high horse - it's a long way down when you fall.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    A lot us us started at 1,200, then we learned better. How is it hypocritical to learn from ones mistakes and try to help others learn?
    I started at 800 calories, now I'm losing nicely at 2,000. I have more energy, kill my workouts, and am happier. You're saying I shouldn't encourage people to eat more when it's healthier for most to do so?

Bacon anyone?

How you doin?

Thinking I could go for some bacon. :flowerforyou:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    1200 calories can be accomplished and you can be very satified at the end of the day. I am on the 1200 plan and when I do right, I lose effortlessly. However, it does require you to be aware of what you choose to eat and force you to make healthy choices, which I don't see a problem with. When a bag of crunchy, salty potatoe chips will set you back 280 calories, that bowl of cucumber chunks with low fat ranch is only 85 calories AND healthier it gives you something to think about. Everything doesn't work for everybody. I hate it when people put others down just because they don't like or couldn't stick with it because it can be hard.
    People don't put down 1200 calorie a day dieting because it's "hard" or because they "couldn't stick with it."

They put it down because for most people, over an extended period of time, it's downright dangerous.

You can keep your cucumbers. Come back and tell me in 6 months that they still make you happy. I'll gladly take those potato chips off your hands.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    It took me a while to get a handle on how much I need to eat, but I started at -0.5 so was nowhere near 1200 .
  • deedoll04
    deedoll04 Posts: 3
    Options
    gus-psyche-popcorn.gif

Jokes!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    hypocrisyz.jpg
    theendisnear.png
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    If I understand you correctly, OP youre upset that she is trying to prevent people form making the same mistakes she may have made? If she comes from a place of experience and is willing to share it openly to help coach others, that isn't hypocritical at all, it's prevention, and worth its weight in gold.

Some people come to MFP with the notion that they can only eat a certain way to lose weight, and that "certain way" comes in many different shapes and caloric sizes; those same people either struggle and fail, struggle and find a better way that fits them, or struggle and succeed (and IN MY OPINION ONLY miss out on an enjoyable weight loss journey.) I came to MFP with few preconceptions, the worst being I wouldn't succeed no matter what I did. I came with the idea that I would NOT give up what I wanted to eat unless I absolutely had to, which so far hasn't occurred. Not everyone is as open minded, or willing to embrace the IIFYM mindset. Some people come to it late, some come straight off, some never get there because they have different perspectives on what defines success.

For me success is finding what i can live with for the rest of my life, and so far my way that I began over a year ago has proven right for me. I have encouraged others to try and "see the light" on the 1200 cal "diet" and converted a few, and watched even more leave MFP cause they couldn't handle logging what they REALLY wanted to eat and still believe 1200 is the only way to go. Which makes no sense.

so, I rambled. My point is, sharing learned experience isn't hypocritical. It's beneficial.

have a great rest of your day
    :flowerforyou:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I started on a 1200 calorie net diet. I no longer agree with a 1200 calorie net diet. My opinion on this matter is not hypocritical, it just means that I know better now. Just because I started some where and know better now doesn't mean I'm hypocritical.

For example, when I was little I soiled my pants, just because I use a toilet now doesn't mean I'm a hypocrite, it just means that I know better.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options

Bacon anyone?

How you doin?

Thinking I could go for some bacon. :flowerforyou:

I only eat my bacon with a side of ice cream. And pop tarts.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    So you make a post about it? Just do what you believe work for you and move on. Why the drama?

because she wants the person who deleted her to see exactly how she feels about it.

amirite?
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Is this high school? Fack grow up and move on.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Wow, a different approach to the "1200 calories" threads. You can still mark your Bingo cards.
    :laugh: We can get bingo daily on these forums. :laugh:
  • WonTaunTaun
    WonTaunTaun Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Pffft, all this topic has done is made me want some bacon, ice cream, and pop-tarts. Think I need to go visit the Fitness and Success forums now before my day becomes filled with no-no's :wink:
This discussion has been closed.