The SWaT Team Challenge - Month 2

Options

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check-in.

i did the 3 mile AHA walk yesterday and have done the 2 mile Walk Strong video from the Walk Club site this morning. I think I'll be buying the Walk Strong dvd soon!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check-in.

i did the 3 mile AHA walk yesterday and have done the 2 mile Walk Strong video from the Walk Club site this morning. I think I'll be buying the Walk Strong dvd soon!

I really like the 2 mile Walk Strong. I need to do it more often! I ordered mine from www.half.com

I did the one mile classic walk this morning (from the 5 day slim down dvd) and intended to do more this evening. I ended up having to work late so it's looking like I'm not gonna do any more tonite! :noway: Still trying to workout in the morning to see if it makes a difference.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: 3 miles today!:flowerforyou:
    I think after this round (Aug 10th) I'm gonna try the slim in 6 work out- I've never made it past the first level, but now I've built up some sanama(?) I'll give it a shot... I have the bands, so I'm looking forward to some "weight" training. I think I'll still do some of the fast walks to burn more cals 'tho :wink:

Hey Plummy, I've got the Slim in 6 workout too. Maybe I'll join you. I've been thinking of trying something new with some weights too.
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    I think after this round (Aug 10th) I'm gonna try the slim in 6 work out- I've never made it past the first level, but now I've built up some sanama(?) I'll give it a shot... I have the bands, so I'm looking forward to some "weight" training. I think I'll still do some of the fast walks to burn more cals 'tho :wink:

Hey Plummy, I've got the Slim in 6 workout too. Maybe I'll join you. I've been thinking of trying something new with some weights too.
    sounds good to me! I just know I' m ready for some wieghts! When you want to start?
    3.5 miles for me today!
  • butterfly08uk
    Options
    exercise.png
    [/url]
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Completed 4 miles on the trail today!!!!:drinker: :happy:
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    Completed 4 miles on the trail today!!!!:drinker: :happy:
    That's some trail you're burning up !:laugh:
    I got in 2 sessions today, 2miles this am and 3 miles tonight (+1/2 mile with Plum)
    Every one hang in there, do as much as you feel comfortabe, one more week to go:noway:
    Happy trails to you !
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Have not really been doing much walking this month :( Still trying, but might not reach my goal :(
  • sandara
    Options

sounds good to me! I just know I' m ready for some wieghts! When you want to start?
    3.5 miles for me today!

I've been working late this week. Probably going to be the weekend before I can start. Go ahead and start without me if your ready and I'll catch up with you! lol Or at least join in. :tongue:
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Hi all! We are having internet connection problems so I have not been able to get here as much. I have a connection today, though, (YAY!) so I am trying to catch up.

I am going to make my goal this time and I am looking at some more of Leslie's dvds--collegevideo.com seems to have some new ones that incorporate more weight training and interval training so Ill be checking them out.

Everyone seems to be doing well and I hope we all keep exercising!

(Hopefully we will have a new internet provider soon and I can get online more consistently again!)
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    Hey folks!
    Well , just finished walking for the day- did 3 miles this am, 2 in the afternoon and 2x 1/2 with Plum. Had to wait for it to cool off enough for him (and me)!

pjmsmom- let me know how the new dvds are- I'm looking for more challenge and need to build some muscle where the flabby skin is hanging:laugh: , on another note -Clear has a pretty good service if they're in your area.

Sandy- next week is good for me too!
  • kwannabee
    Options
    Im BAAAAACk! Sorry went awol for a few weeks! The WATP workouts were really painful...so i was getting physio on my foot because my excercise plan was killing me...and was told to take it easy! Seems i have scar tissue on my ankle which is why it so weak...and to be honest then i just got lazy :( Im back from vacation now with a few extra pounds - not from eating badly i dont think but from not excercising...it doesnt take long to creep back on! Thanks for not giving up on me and the messages to get my butt in gear! I can say that i must have wallked a good couple kms each day while on vacation, but had my ankle brace on.

Have to get back on track! :tongue:
  • sandara
    Options
    Hey everybody, This has just turned into a sucky week for me. Having to work overtime and just don't have the energy to walk. Trying to keep my calories in line though. I'll have to hit it hard this weekend.
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    tag, for later :happy:
  • My600PdLife
    My600PdLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I did it,
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    Hey everybody, This has just turned into a sucky week for me. Having to work overtime and just don't have the energy to walk. Trying to keep my calories in line though. I'll have to hit it hard this weekend.
    Don't worry Sandy, I think I'm doing enough for the both of us:tongue: another 6 miles today.
    yuck, it's to hot and humid to be walking outside (Plum stuck his head out the door and went back in the house:laugh: )
    hope all is well with all the other walkers, keep cool and walk strong (in the shade):bigsmile:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Have been managing only 2 miles of brisk walking with Leslie due to the knee's but then I have been getting 1 to 2 more miles in walking by the river with the dog and hubby. Knee's are still bothering me quite a bit but the swelling is going down and I see some improvement. My therapist has been giving me some stretching exercises. Sadly I don't think I will complete my hundred but I have gotten much further then I thought I would considering how painful the ole knee's are.
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! I know I've been MIA the last couple weeks, but we were on vacation and now I'm playing catch up with everything. I did Leslie's 3 mile walk today. I really didn't feel like it, but I did it anyway. I'm glad I pushed myself. I'm at a plateau, which I didn't think was possible after gastric bypass. I've been fighting with 2 pounds and I finally decided to push through with exercise. Fingers crossed. I hope this works.
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    another 7 miles done today!
    I dare say this walking thing has become very addictive for me. I met my goal yesterday, but still walking cuz I see results (and I get to eat more food and have high energy):laugh: I have to say 'tho, if it weren't for this group of wonderful people, I probably would not have pushed myself so much!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: thank you all:heart::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    LT- hope you had a great vacation! just keep walking, vary the amount you do, helps to confuse the metabolism!

Mega- be faithful with the stretching- it really helps, and take it easy for a while 'till the swelling goes down!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been walking and have gone past my goal--unlike last time when I didn't make it.

I am going to continue walking because it seems to have started the scale moving down again--YAY!

Plummy--I am still looking at the preview clips but I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the 5 Day Slimdown and one other (I'll be buying them from Amazon.com, though, because their prices are better than the ones at collegevideo.com.) I won't decide until next Friday (payday). I'll let you know how I like them.

As for Clear--we've been waiting for either Clear or Fios (Verizon) to come to our area. We are pretty limited here--pretty much have to choose between Qwest and Comcast (which we already have). My son is considering getting our own hotspot from Sprint for internet, though. We need to be able to use whatever it is with the xbox 360 as that's how we watch our Netflix shows and movies. (I am planning on getting Kinect when it comes out in November--looks pretty cool!)

Well, have some things to work on. Will be back tomorrow!