I need your opinion on how to respond to a text...

Options

Replies

• happyhiram
    happyhiram Posts: 89
    Options
    Fact: guys don't have female friends unless they're attracted to them. IMHO, as others have said, this is a dangerous situation and you totally need to be honest with yourself and let go.

fact: only a sith deals in absolutes.

Well guys. Close up the internet. That's it. Won't get any better from here. We have a winner.
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i guess, my first question is:
    #1 Where is her husband when you're asking her to hang out with her on the weekends?
    #2 I'm thinking you're over the age of 11, and therefore can ask her up front why she lied to you or ditched you.
    #3 she sounds like she's a drama filled woman and therefore you shouldn't want any part of this.
    #4 maybe she doesn't think she hurt your feelings becuase like you've said, you don't ever intend it to go anywhere so why should she care or not if she's hurting your feelings; SHE'S MARRIED!
    #5 sounds like you're jealous. Sorry but you sound straight up like you're hating. she's hanging out with other friends not you.
    #6 find new friends!!!!! make sure they're NOT MARRIED!!!!!

Good luck
  • rwhawkes
    rwhawkes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Looks as if I spoke out of turn with my Dwight Schrute assertions.

Withdrawn.
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    wait, WHAT?? You believe for a fact there is sexual frustration between the two of you, don't want to interfere with her marriage and yet you're still trying to find a way to keep the friendship? Sense...it makes none.
  • zietlowdm
    zietlowdm Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree.. Not really a friendship you should be in anyway.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    By the way? where tha fu*k is the husband at? lol

sending an angry text to his female friend who blew him off to go to a golf outting....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Look, if the sexual tension is there AND you don't want to be a home wrecker AND you are this upset because she hung out with someone else and wasn't truthful about it, then you probably shouldn't be hanging out with her. Like others have said, this is a bad situation that is going to lead to a bad end.

If you want to keep the friendship, then you need to just keep it at polite conversation, and for God's sake, find a real girlfriend! Someone who is available to you because this chick isn't, and you obviously desire more than just her friendship.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Take this issue to Jerry Springer! The audience will most likely yell "shes a *kitten*"

:love: :love: :love: :love:
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    So I have a friend that I always get into fights and arguments with. She always turns it around and makes me out to be the bad guy/ a-hole.
    And, you are friends why? Do you like fighting?
    I think we fight so much because there's some sexual tension between us. She's married
    The moment there is sexual tension with a married friend is the moment the friendship should end.

Don't respond to the text unless it is to say that you have realized that your friendship with her is putting her marriage at risk and therefore you have decided to back waaaaay out of this relationship. Then suggest she and her husband get marital counseling.
  • kookanddra
    kookanddra Posts: 92
    Options
    Sounds like your in love with her. You really need to admit to yourself where you are at emotionally with this, break it off and move on since she's married.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Dude, you sound like a whiny lil b*tch. Man up and stop catching feelings.

I thought the same thing but I didn't want to express it *quite* like that.
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'd just go with telling her you're annoyed she lied. That's basically what I'm getting from all of this... never mind all the 'you shouldn't be friends' or whatever else, we're all human, and we all get a bit butt-hurt when we're lied to. :-(
  • LuckyMe000
    LuckyMe000 Posts: 55
    Options
    it might be time to stop hanging out with her honestly it sounds like you are both setting yourself up for something bad to happen

This...only bad things can happen...even if you dont mean for it to....
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    You're hot... get a girl who is not already taken.
  • kmorales_4
    kmorales_4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You've got it bad for this girl. Spare your pretty little heart the additional pain of trying to hold on and try to get over her.

Love sucks sometimes. Sorry :(
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    wait, WHAT?? You believe for a fact there is sexual frustration between the two of you, don't want to interfere with her marriage and yet you're still trying to find a way to keep the friendship? Sense...it makes none.

^^^^^^THIS totally THIS!!
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I think you're being overly sensitive about the situation. If one of your male friends pulled this on you would you be reacting this way? What would you say to the guy? Personally I have a lot of female friends, and I basically treat them no different than my male friends.

It's entirely possible it was a last minute thing. I know I've told friends I couldn't hang out with them cause of work or something. Later on when I was given hockey tickets work was the furthest thing from my mind and I went to the game.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

^^^^Yeah.
    Get a girlfriend. Make sure she isn't married.
    Also, this "good friend" of yours? She is not a good friend. Get new ones.
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    When it comes to friends (male, female, married, single), you should always be honest about how they make you feel. If you're upset that she blew you off and lied about it, just tell her. Let her know that you don't care if she would prefer to go play golf with another group of guys instead of hanging out with you, but it does hurt your feelings when she lies to you about it. Ignoring her and acting like a baby isn't going to get you anywhere.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    OP, so just how big is her husband and do you enjoy pain?
    Bottom line, she is married and you are single......better run buddy, you dont need that kind of drama in your life.........
    He may even have Joey Grecco watching you both and trust me, you don't wantt to end up on Cheaters............

good luck