How much do you drink?

Options
Lysander666
Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
I drink a lot less than I did. Used to be on 50 units or more a week.... which is way too much. Put it down to too much stress and unhappiness. Now I have converted a lot of that stress into exercise.

I now drink about 25 units or so a week and always plan for it. I just love beer and music too much to give it up, I refuse.

How about everyone else here?

Replies

• squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Used to drink 100 units a week :noway: but have been T-total for 9 years & have never regretted giving alcohol up :smile:
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Last night? 6? That's not normal though, it was a concert. I would say my usual is 2-3 drinks during one happy hour during the week, glass of wine one day and then on the weekend it can average from 0-10 vodka sodas.
  • Lysander666
    Options
    Used to drink 100 units a week :noway:

How did you even manage that?!
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I know, unbelievable isn't it? Vodka was my weakness and boy, could I put it away!!! Thankfully and miraculously my liver survived and I didn't do any damage. Am sure I would have been dead though now if I'd carried on! :frown:
  • Lysander666
    Options
    Hmm... Zubrowka....
  • Bajiggity
    Bajiggity Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Never been a big drinker, I know how to have fun without being intoxicated and I like to know I won't be doing anything stupid. :tongue: And alcohol has TONS of calories.
    ok I'll shut up now.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    It probably averages out to a couple glasses of red wine a week on a monthly basis. Red wine has healthy properties, as long as it fits your macros and calories.
  • Lysander666
    Options
    I know how to have fun without being intoxicated

Does not compute.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    2-3 times a year. Some 4-6 drinks each time.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'll drink a few beers on the weekends, if if fits my macros (sometimes even when it doesn't!). I don't normally drink anything alcoholic on weeknights.
  • Bajiggity
    Options
    I know how to have fun without being intoxicated

Does not compute.

I know, I've always been the oddball, :laugh:
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I have never been a drinker. My husband was an alcoholic(not abusive in anyway except neglect). His poison was vodka. Not too bad on beer. Anyway, kudos to all of you for cutting back or quitting. Someone in your life is very glad you did.:wink:
  • hpilon27
    hpilon27 Posts: 43
    Options
    2 glasses of red wine every Friday. Sometimes repeat on Saturday :-)
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I used to be the girl asking her friends if they wanted to go out every other weekend- every weekend. That was until last year. The place I went was not to pricey on beer before 10. So I'd have 20 between 6pm & 10pm. After 10pm I'd switch to shots, and have between 5 & 10 more. Sometimes even a cherry vodka sour. Or a dirty dog.

I haven't drank since March 30th. A good friend invited my husband and I out next weekend. We will probably go.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Never been a big drinker, I know how to have fun without being intoxicated and I like to know I won't be doing anything stupid. :tongue: And alcohol has TONS of calories.
    ok I'll shut up now.

People can enjoy a drink without becoming intoxicated. I drink wine. Properly paired it enhances the flavors in my dinner.

People who think anyone who ever has a drink must be an out of control raging alcoholic on a constant bender are either incredibly naive or religious zealots.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    A bottle of wine every other saturday with my girl friends. Though I think I may re-evaluate since last time I was very drunk on the bottle, I think lowering my calories has lowered my alcohol tolerance and the hangover was hellish :sick:
  • Bajiggity
    Options
    ok I'll shut up now.

People can enjoy a drink without becoming intoxicated. I drink wine. Properly paired it enhances the flavors in my dinner.

People who think anyone who ever has a drink must be an out of control raging alcoholic on a constant bender are either incredibly naive or religious zealots.

yes you are right, I was referring to people who go out and cant have fun without being drunk, I mostly was thinking of few friends of mine IRL. when I made that comment.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a couple glasses of wine or a couple beers several nights a week. Now I have about one glass of wine a week and maybe a beer if I've been working hard outside on a really hot day.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I usually have 1-2 drinks a day... one after work (the type varies), and a scotch and soda (mostly soda) before bed if it fits in my calorie intake. At parties, etc. I'll have more but will always try to work what I have into the net calories, or make them up.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    ok I'll shut up now.

and sometimes you have to become intoxicated to not reach over the table and get uppity with someone being stereotypically holier than thou. ;)

I drink when I feel like it. Been a lot less than normal. I like bourbons, beers, wines are ok. I make my own beer, and wine. I'm hoping to learn to make spirits this year. Sure it's illegal, but so is speeding.

Alcohol is an imminently useful thing, from social situations to culinary situations. Generally when people say things like, I know how to have fun without drinking or being intoxicated... One of two things is true:
    1. You aren't fun.
    2. You are projecting your own personal fears and shortcomings on others.

Oh, and alcohol does have some calories. I'll shut up now. ;)

(A couple glasses of wine are great for you! Even if it's of the two buck chuck varietal.)