JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I didn't personally witness it but this seems rather entertaining:

tumblr_mlqatfehYT1s2756fo1_250.gif

This is the most awesome thing ever!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump to read later... this is too much funniness to read at once. I start the Y next week... cant wait :laugh:

I am sure you will have some stories in no time...:laugh:

I love these stories. I go to a small women only gym. Nothing weird ever happens. :smile:
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    The weirdest thing I ever saw at the gym was a bunch of people minding their own business and working out.
  • Canuck_Fit
    Canuck_Fit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    h71EFF5D4
    h90F6050E
    h7C64897C
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Options
    Saw this one the other day in the strength training/weight machine room: Older couple comes in to do a strength workout...if you can call it that. The lady had on a button down shirt and dress pants/shoes, and the guy had on a t-shirt and jeans. I swear the woman only lifted the weight on the machine about three times before getting up and going to the next machine. They were only in the area about 5-10 minutes total, and the woman for some reason was singing along to the radio. Not really what I wanted to hear when I can't keep my iPod on me because I don't have an armband and can't use it to strength train.

There's also a girl in my Zumba class who is perfectly nice, but half the time, she comes to class in jeans and sometimes a long-sleeved shirt. She hardly ever wears workout clothes to the class and I don't know how she stands moving around. I've seen her wearing the same thing to run the treadmill, and I just don't get how you can do that.

It's possible she is hiding bruises. :-(
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I was one of these people.. I was doing intervals on the treadmill one day, and the machine had just ramped up speed. I had just finished setting up the audiobook I was going to listen to, and when I went to put my phone back down it slipped, the earphone cord came unplugged and my phone shot off the back of the treadmill and hit the person behind me. I felt really bad, and of course mortified when I realized that at least 10 people were watching me (all of them snickering). I quickly apologized and returned to my workout, but I just couldn't focus after that with all of the eyes on me! Pretty embarassing.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I was one of these people.. I was doing intervals on the treadmill one day, and the machine had just ramped up speed. I had just finished setting up the audiobook I was going to listen to, and when I went to put my phone back down it slipped, the earphone cord came unplugged and my phone shot off the back of the treadmill and hit the person behind me. I felt really bad, and of course mortified when I realized that at least 10 people were watching me (all of them snickering). I quickly apologized and returned to my workout, but I just couldn't focus after that with all of the eyes on me! Pretty embarassing.

Almost everyone who has ever used a treadmill has had their phone become a projectile weapon. Don't sweat it. :flowerforyou:
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Options
    There was a young girl at the gym maybe 20, 21. She had on extremely tight and see thru yoga pants and a very light material shirt, I think that a Kleenex would have been heavier. She starts running on the treadmill for about 2 minutes and decides to take off her shirt and run with just her skimpy bra on. The whole time she is running, she is looking back to see if anyone is looking at her. She pauses the machine, walks to the back of the room to fill her water bottle that she took 1 sip out of. Then she proceeds back to the machine JUST to make sure that everyone saw her.

Sounds like my little sister. She posts pics on FB of herself on a treadmill in a sheer lace shirt and crap like that. She also tells people she is 25, but has very visible wrinkles in her forehead. >.<
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me want to shout my reps.
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Me on a rowing machine for the very first time back in March 2012.

Me on a treadmill for the very first time back in March 2012.

Me on an exercise bike for the very first time back in March 2012.

Me taking my first ever Spinning® class back in May 2012

Me taking my first ever Pilates class back in May 2012

Hang on, there's a bit of a theme here. :happy: :tongue:
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    The guys who set the machine to the HIGHEST weight, then struggle to do one rep while turning beet red.

The girls who wear shorty-shorts, a bra, makeup, and done up hair (we're talking poof and pageant makeup!) They walk to a different machine after 5 reps then socialize for 30 minutes.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    OH, thought of another one.

There's this young guy I often observe in the mornings, he will grab a fairly heavy weight for lateral raises (like 35 or more, I don't remember exactly) and then he will use like a 6-8" range of motion. I always thought when doing those, you were supposed to bring the dumbbells up to roughly shoulder height.

I'll never down on a heavier/less fit person going to the gym even if they have to walk slowly on the treadmill. Everyone has to start somewhere!
  • whitterbugkru
    Options
    *bookmark
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    There is a lady at my gym who is in her sixties, with dyed-jet-black hair. She wears a flowing white eyelet lace blouse and walks on the treadmill at about 2.0 mph. The whole time she is on the treadmill, she is doing a mix of interpretive dance and zumba moves -- waving her arms, making hand motions, sashaying her hips, dipping down and popping back up. Sometimes she holds onto the front of the treadmill and lets her feet drift way back on the belt and then does this little step move to catch back up. It's truly the strangest thing I've ever seen and it kills me to not laugh out loud when she's there.
    Do you go to Amanda Bynes' gym????

3hkIm0H.gif

:laugh:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    h71EFF5D4
    h90F6050E
    h7C64897C

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Blegg30
    Blegg30 Posts: 11
    Options
    I saw some guy lying on a mat texting between sit up sets. That was fine, until I saw that he was wearing jeans and had no shoes on-- his Tims were next to him on the mat.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'm hilarious to watch at the gym.... especially when I'm learning something new.

But other than me, there was one day when I was working out in one of the old classrooms and a guy came in, took his shirt off, and started flexing and posing in the mirror. I had to move to a new area to continue my workout without laughing.
  • GloMash710
    GloMash710 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    1. During Body Combat I punched myself in the forehead.
    2. In the sauna I left a very detailed imprint of my sweaty bum on the sauna seat.
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    There is an older woman who comes to the gym almost every morning to walk on the treadmill. She puts the incline all the way up, sets it to 4, closes her eyes, and hangs on to the front of the machine for dear life. I'm glad she's there doing something, but I giggle a little every time I see her.

Edited to add: I probably get people looking at me weird too as I'm still learning and trying new things. And that's ok with me.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Bumping for laughs later. :smile:
    bump too