Weird/Funniest things you have seen at the Gym

Options

Replies

• kath2810
    kath2810 Posts: 93
    Options
    thee is one guy who always wears a lime green hoody ..weird..

Although this one takes the cake...I once walked in the bath room/locker room and there was this old man in his 60 but *kitten* naked facing me in all his nasty glory ..I am talking facing me as in absolutely no way to not see anything...I about dry heaved in my mouth and calmly strolled to the bathroom stall...

god that sucked...
    lol... :)
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Why I don't work out at gyms...who needs the damn scrutiny?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few funny moments over the years, but recently....

A couple of the young girls who work at the gym have trying to get my attention in peculiar ways.

Only three people in the whole place. I am hitting the squat rack and worker decides to clean the mirrors in front of me only 4-5 feet away. Squeezes in between the front of rack and mirror & then bends over inside my squat rack directly in front of me during my sets, revealing she isn't wearing underwear with nearly half her butt poking out.

I'm trying to work 300 lbs and she trying to work me brain, you can guess who won round one.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    A guy running on the treadmill with a large glossy black and white photo of his pet pug placed on the front of the treadmill.

In the YMCA sauna, i walked in on two guys, one was giving the other one oral sex.

In the YMCA again, on the locker room floor lie a filthy pair of whitey tighties with the whole back side up the waist covered in feces.

Oh yes, in the sauna again, a guy with his balls strategically placed on a towel. he wasn't sitting on the towel, his balls were.
  • cyrena13
    cyrena13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

The weirdest thing I ever saw at the gym was a bunch of people minding their own business and working out.

Back in college when I was lifting like nobody's business, there was this older gentleman (about 65-70) who always worked out in these teeny tiny yellow shorts that were borderline see-through when wet (and they were always wet because he was sweating a lot). One day I was doing bicep curls on the machine and he was across from me on the leg press and his balls popped out from his shorts. I remember thinking oh god, why me? I was about 19-20 at the time and I was trying to mind my own business...lol
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options

The weirdest thing I ever saw at the gym was a bunch of people minding their own business and working out.

Back in college when I was lifting like nobody's business, there was this older gentleman (about 65-70) who always worked out in these teeny tiny yellow shorts that were borderline see-through when wet (and they were always wet because he was sweating a lot). One day I was doing bicep curls on the machine and he was across from me on the leg press and his balls popped out from his shorts. I remember thinking oh god, why me? I was about 19-20 at the time and I was trying to mind my own business...lol

Perhaps that was his intention. For his balls and maybe more to "accidentally" fall out. did he occasionally look at you to see if you noticed?
  • cyrena13
    cyrena13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Perhaps that was his intention. For his balls and maybe more to "accidentally" fall out. did he occasionally look at you to see if you noticed?

I absolutely did not make eye contact! Personally, I thought the guy looked oblivious in general, but in hindsight, who knows.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    OMG, the other day there was a group of like 3/4 people that were 'trying out' the Y's wellness center.. you could tell they were pretty inexperienced, all overweight and VERY underdressed, butt cracks hanging out, huge sweaty pit stains, unkept hair, and you could smell them if ou were near them.. it was just bad. :(

Anyway.. I got off the legpress machine to go get a couple more plates and they jumped on there with it half loaded, so I hurried up and put the other weights on there so it wouldnt be off balance and they like barked at me. I just went and did something else. After that, I was over in the all free weight section talking to a trainer friend of mine, and he had just explained to the girl about how to use a light (10lb) bar to do twists with.. One of the big burly chicks in this group stomped over and grabbed an olympic barbell and put it on her shoulders swinging it all around.. OMG. That was kinda disturbing, but the trainer rushed over there before she took someone out with it.

Thats the only time anything SUPER weird happened, and even then it was just odd.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Lady on treadmill in high heels.

oh dear...

Did it look like this?

chick-high-heels-treadmill-fail.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I work out at a goodlife and there is a guy there who does his whole workout/ weight session in bare feet.. :noway:

This is every workout in my favorite gym*.

* conveniently located in my basement.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Saw this couple using the hot tub and both of them were facing one another. The young gal went underwater and the guy was yelling out "OH YEAH! OHHHH YEAH!". It was the most funniest thing I've seen because it went on for 10-15 minutes, lol.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Last week, there was a guy lying on one of the mats, like in between sets, and he was lying so still on his back all sprawled out, I thought he was dead. I was actually going to go make sure he was okay when I saw his chest move and realized he was indeed breathing. :smile:
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    The weirdest thing I have ever seen at the gym is my face in the mirror when i'm trying to do weights. Hilarious

^This. I hate looking in the mirror because I make some awkward faces as well.

The strangest thing so far at the gym is one of the guys that lifts. I think he is an Army guy. But when he benches he grunts/wails so loud that he can be heard above the volume of your iPod plugged into your ears. It's so bad that it sounds like he's taking a massive dump...and everyone in the gym kind of stops for a minute and just stares. I realize that he's lifting heavy weights and exerting himself, but it is really over the top.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Saw this couple using the hot tub and both of them were facing one another. The young gal went underwater and the guy was yelling out "OH YEAH! OHHHH YEAH!". It was the most funniest thing I've seen because it went on for 10-15 minutes, lol.

How did she not drown?
  • cristynfaye
    cristynfaye Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Why I don't work out at gyms...who needs the damn scrutiny?

I personally love all the weird little idiosyncrasies that people have....and we all have them. If I do something stupid or funny at the gym and people laugh at me, I'd probably laugh right along with them. The only time I get judgy about what other people do is when they are being mean or inconsiderate to others. I actually admire the people who are so into their workout that they just don't give a damn about what anyone else thinks or if they make a funny face or a weird noise. I wish I could be less self conscious and more like them. But I think it's ok to talk about the funny things that people do, because we all do them.
  • cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My trainer had her exercise pants on inside out so the white crotch part was sticking out and neither of us noticed until she was showing me how to use some sort of inner thigh machine. It was so funny.
  • medicvaldez
    medicvaldez Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Not seen but heard...HUGE meathead...earbuds in...music so loud you could hear it. Here he was doing 75 lb hammer curls with the grunt...*GRRAAAHHH*..*FART*...other arm...*GRAAAHHHH* *FART*...re-racks the weight but gets a final lift in before setting them on the rack...*GRRRRRRAAAAAHHHH*...*squeeky fart*
    OMFG I almost died laughing, I had to leave the area!!!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Lady on treadmill in high heels.

oh dear...

Did it look like this?

chick-high-heels-treadmill-fail.gif

LMAO!!!
  • cheesyrunner
    cheesyrunner Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Last week, there was a guy lying on one of the mats, like in between sets, and he was lying so still on his back all sprawled out, I thought he was dead. I was actually going to go make sure he was okay when I saw his chest move and realized he was indeed breathing. :smile:
    this.
  • cheesyrunner
    cheesyrunner Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    pfft like that ever happens.