Weird/Funniest things you have seen at the Gym

Options

Replies

• twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I saw a girl sitting on one the weight machines at the gym eating a Snickers...
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    The weirdest thing I have ever seen at the gym is my face in the mirror when i'm trying to do weights. Hilarious

Me too. I catch myself all the time, generally it looks like I'm giving birth to a hippo...through my urethra. I'm sure it's amusing. I don't have a good poker face.
  • carchie94
    carchie94 Posts: 45
    Options
    Two girls who used to be in my weight lifting class last year. They would show up to class in full on make-up. The entire class period, the ywould do nothing but small bicep curls and leg lifts.

This year, I had swimming, jogging, and kung fu. Whenever I would walk by covered in sweat, they'd walk by, looking at me like I was insane for working out in a gym while they hadn't even sweated enough to muck up their clothes.

I get the feeling that they'd just show up to guy watch and glare at girls who actually worked out.
  • lexherrera
    lexherrera Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Not really weird, but there's this guy who goes to the gym the same time I do in the morning, and I've overheard him talking to others. He is a very religious, but very kind sounding man who wants nothing more than to teach others "the way of the Lord." You can tell he's super passionate about his beliefs. The other day he said hi to me as I got onto the machine next to him, then talked to the other lady next to us for a while about his church and telling stories. Interesting guy.
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    She looked quite young so I'll give her a pass. A girl was struggling to spell out the letters on her dumbbell. She would say things like five lllll, five la, five lllliiiiii, and five llllliiiibbbs. She finally went with five libs. She was serious. Her friend finally told her lbs meant pounds. I felt bad because I couldn't hold my laughter. It just sounded funny and cute the way she was trying so hard to spell out liiiiibs. She saw me laughing and looked embarrassed.
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Bumping for laughs later. :smile:
  • Mmmollyy
    Mmmollyy Posts: 13
    Options
    LOL yes, gawkers. I was on the treadmill once, warming up and doing a brisk walk and this guy walks behind me... I could see him in the mirror across the room.. and he just stood there and pretended to stretch while watching me. Wtf do you do in that situation?
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    LOL yes, gawkers. I was on the treadmill once, warming up and doing a brisk walk and this guy walks behind me... I could see him in the mirror across the room.. and he just stood there and pretended to stretch while watching me. Wtf do you do in that situation?

Shake your butt a little ?

No really, it happens al the time, especially sine the weight machines are positioned directly behind the cardio machines , and cardio machines are right behind the mats... I get it alot from the cardio folks when I am stretching on the mats... they have nothing better to look at.. other than CNN. lol
  • genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    Options
    I work out in the exercise room of a retired folk's center (long story), probably the funniest thing that's ever happened to me there is that a regular, a guy who's at least in his 70's, stopped me on my way out to tell me some off-color joke about a girl with no panties. :laugh:
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Some of the women who are in there all the time don't seem to do much of anything. Slow walking on the treadmill, sitting on one of the weight machines for a long time without actually using it. What's the point? Maybe they're just there to try to pick up men or something?
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I got some looks from girls one time when i was walking on the treadmill. I could tell they were wondering why i was not going faster and being judgmental toward me. I thought it was funny because i was recovering from an ankle injury and just wanted to test out my ankle after i had finished a good weight routine.
    Don't judge people at the Gym. Mind your own and let others do their thing.
  • Lady_Clarington
    Lady_Clarington Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Not really funny more weird if a little sad.

I rather harshly and loudly scolded two lads making fun of a young pre-pubescent lass who was more than a little over weight but obviously working hard on the treadmill and was making a very good effort to make her life healthier whether or not she'd been forced into it...

To then see her drink two bottles of lucozade her (presumably) mother brought in before climbing off after less than fifteen minutes of a slow walk and leaving (I just hope she didn't use the lift).

The look on the trainers face as he banged his head on the wall and sunk to the floor melodramatically sobbing was something that will never leave me. I kinda wanted to give him a hug (but being massively unfit myself I was more than a little sweaty and I would not inflict my armpits on anyone).
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I statrted going to a yogilates class and at the end we all have to sit on our backs and relax/meditate for 15 minutes. The second time I was there a guy started snoring. I managed not to laugh, but when he did it again the next time it was just too much, so instead of relaxing I have to hold my breath and have tears in my eyes.
  • EmmieChunk
    EmmieChunk Posts: 13
    Options
    a guy running flat out on treadmill, fastest speed, his legs were pounding it looked like his bones were going to break...he had very 'short' shorts on literally they were as short as womens hotpants and i could see his balls.
    they were popping out he must of not had pants on or something.

worse thing is , i know the guy! it was hilarious.

theres always bits flying around the gym , always boobs flying out!
  • jamesantonyarnold
    jamesantonyarnold Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    At the gym I go to, the treadmills and the bikes sort of face eachother. About 2 months ago there was a guy running next to me on the treadmill, when he had finished, he went to one of the lateral bikes to warm down. I dont know how I came to notice, and please dont judge me haha, but his running shorts had kind of ridden up his leg, to the point where one of his man vegetables was free, dangling and in full view. I couldnt tell him, because that just makes it look like I was staring at his crotch. I spent the next 15 minutes trying to finish my run in fits of laughter. Still makes me chuckle.
  • MizPassion
    Options
    Not really funny more weird if a little sad.

I rather harshly and loudly scolded two lads making fun of a young pre-pubescent lass who was more than a little over weight but obviously working hard on the treadmill and was making a very good effort to make her life healthier whether or not she'd been forced into it...

To then see her drink two bottles of lucozade her (presumably) mother brought in before climbing off after less than fifteen minutes of a slow walk and leaving (I just hope she didn't use the lift).

The look on the trainers face as he banged his head on the wall and sunk to the floor melodramatically sobbing was something that will never leave me. I kinda wanted to give him a hug (but being massively unfit myself I was more than a little sweaty and I would not inflict my armpits on anyone).
    very cruel. If it was me, I would have wanted to go up to him as well.
  • MizPassion
    Options
    a guy running flat out on treadmill, fastest speed, his legs were pounding it looked like his bones were going to break...he had very 'short' shorts on literally they were as short as womens hotpants and i could see his balls.
    they were popping out he must of not had pants on or something.

worse thing is , i know the guy! it was hilarious.

theres always bits flying around the gym , always boobs flying out!
    how distracting lol
  • vicky7917
    vicky7917 Posts: 14
    Options
    This is only weird because it's becoming a theme at my gym

Girl 1. Comes in, sits down on the bike, gets on the phone, doesn't pedal. Ends phone call, moves to shoulder press, sits down, gets on the phone, ends call, leaves.

Girl 2. Comes in, sits down on the bike, pedals so slowly for 15 minutes then goes and stretches in front of the mirror like she's preparing for a work out, leaves. Spends more than 1hr 1/2 getting changed and dolled up ( I know, because she's still there when I leave)

Mother & Daughter - Activity 1. Mother has no clue what she's doing, does the 3 reps on a machine on the lightest weight, then advises her daughter what to do. Move to the next machine that she's never been able to figure out how to use, still can't figure it out, gets off, goes to weights, does 5 bicep curls on the 1lb. They go to elliptical together, go for 5 minutes on level 1, super slow. Leave

Mother & Daughter - Activity 2. Both go to spin class. Don't do anything the instructor tells them - no resistance change, no speed change. Leave

I don't laugh at them or anything horrible like that, I'm just absolutely enthralled and wonder why they bother paying gym membership. I love the fact they are so oblivious to what everyone else is doing though!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Just trying to think now. I don't want to sound (too) cruel... Fair play to this lady for being there in the first place, but this very, very large lady was standing in front of the mirror lifting a 1kg dumbbell up and down, up and down, maybe three times in total. Stopping. Putting it down. Taking her glasses off. Wiping the sweat from her brow. Glasses back on. Picked the dumbbell back up. Three more reps. Repeat actions again.

It's more the things people wear in my gym than what they do! I've seen a guy in baggy jeans and a belt giving it some speed on the treadmill.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Why I don't work out at gyms...who needs the damn scrutiny?

I personally love all the weird little idiosyncrasies that people have....and we all have them. If I do something stupid or funny at the gym and people laugh at me, I'd probably laugh right along with them. The only time I get judgy about what other people do is when they are being mean or inconsiderate to others. I actually admire the people who are so into their workout that they just don't give a damn about what anyone else thinks or if they make a funny face or a weird noise. I wish I could be less self conscious and more like them. But I think it's ok to talk about the funny things that people do, because we all do them.

This. I wear t-shirts that aren't exactly 'gym wear', and I sweat a lot, and I show it on my face when it's getting hard. I see other people doing the same, but damn it, at least we are all there! So God bless the weirdos. You take my mind off what I'm doing for a moment or two.