more proof mcdonald s is yuck

Options
Every mouthful of McDonald meal contains a handful of chemicals that raise 'bad' cholesterol levels, increase diabetes risk, lower immunity, and damage DNA. In fact fast food contains so many harmful ingredients that I wouldn't even feed it to a pet because it would be cruel.

When you go to the fast-food drive-through, you are:

1- paying to harm your own health;

2- your children's health;

3- reducing your quality of life because the toxicity of eating synthetic chemicals will trigger illness;

4- put more money into the hands of the medical insurance companies.

Still lovin' it?

Heard it before? Well despite the illusion of a gradual switch to a healthier menu containing salads and smoothies, McDonald's line-up still contains nasty health-eroding chemicals: trans-fats, high levels of sugar, artificial sweeteners, petro-chemicals, and high-fructose corn syrup. The kids meals and salads also contain frightening ingredients and high levels of sugar.

Having perused their menus and nutritional information for their meals, it's incredible what synthetic chemicals they add to salads, chicken meals, burgers, and even to their drinks. Did you know that many of their foods and drinks contain tertiary butylhydroquinone (TBHQ), a chemical preservative that is so deadly that just five grams is fatal? One gram of TBHQ can cause nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, delirium, a sense of suffocation, and collapse.

McDonald's foods still contain trans-fats, in addition to a whole host of synthetic chemicals to produce a taste which they deliberately engineer to be addictive, so you spend more money with them according to investigations by Eric Schlosser in his book Fast Food Nation.

Replies

• crochetnut
    crochetnut Posts: 35
    Options
    So don`t eat it.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Love Mickey Ds:)
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    How's the weather up there on your high horse?

Probably cholesterol free
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    not_lovin_it_540.jpg
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Alright, more McRibs for me then!

freddiesmoking_zps6c2c780d.gif
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Whatever, I still like it.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    PLEASE provide the evidence that McDonalds alters your DNA. I would really love seeing that. Who knew that McNuggets had such an effect on human physiology...
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed.thank you.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I was an assistant manager of a Burger King. The patties came frozen and are loaded into a bin at the back of the cooker. The floor was always wet because of the patties thawing and people hosing down the floor. Imagine people stomping around on that wet floor, especially after going to the restroom, and all the germs that produces. Well, one day a worker was dumping a bag of the patties into the bin and missed. All the patties fell to the wet, germ-laden floor. I was about to tell the worker to pick them up and throw them away, but the manager was there and he told the worker to pick them up and put them in the bin. "The cooking will kill any germs on them," he said. An argument between myself and the manager ensued and I ended up quitting. Yes, those burgers were served to customers, but that was the last day that I ate at a Burger King. That was over 15 years ago.

Right now, I am enjoying a homemade salad of Romaine lettuce tossed with lite poppyseed dressing, with sliced pineapple, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, and chicken breast. Better than any meal you would get at a fast food restaurant!
  • janellyBelly560
    janellyBelly560 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to McDonald's and weighed 350 pounds. My breakfast consisted of 4 breakfast sandwiches and 2 hashbrowns plus a soda, then one of everything off the dollar menu for lunch. When I decided to lose weight the only diet change I made was NO FAST FOOD PERIOD. I lost over 100 pounds, met the love of my life, and feel better than ever.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    PLEASE provide the evidence that McDonalds alters your DNA. I would really love seeing that. Who knew that McNuggets had such an effect on human physiology...

I'd like a McSuperpower happy meal, with sweet and sour sauce and a girl themed toy, please. Oh, and chocolate milk.
  • aliceb39
    aliceb39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Love McD sausage egg mcmuffins and apple pies! Do not eat them often while on this weight loss journey, of course. Hadn't heard of THBQ, so I looked it up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tert-Butylhydroquinone. Yes, consuming 1 - 4 grams is dangerous, but it is only used 1 gram in 5,000 grams of oil. Anything will kill you if you eat too much of it.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Still lovin' it over here :drinker:
    I eat McDonalds once a week.
  • adamalle
    adamalle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    TBHQ is a common preservative for vegetable oils, cereals, nuts, cookies, chips, and animal fats, found in other foods like Girl Scout Cookies and Quaker Chewy Granola Bars.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I love it when people have agendas and a desire to talk down to everyone else in order to feel a false sense of superiority. Or should I say, "I'm lovin' it!"

Pass the Chicken McNuggets.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Can't say I'm a big fan of it but my kids love it and once every two or so months we have one as their treat other wise I'd be really mean not letting them, we had it today as it was my sons birthday, did I enjoy it no did they yes, don't worry about other people's eating habits if you are happy eating it then eat if not just walk on by ????
  • Slimdownmb
    Slimdownmb Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    anything that tastes GOOD is BAD!

one lesson i have learnt the hard way!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

It's true. I ate at McDonald's the other day and suddenly was able to climb walls, shoot webs, and got a strange tingling sensation whenever trouble was about to happen.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I love the KFC ads/commercials that call themselves chefs WTF
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've never liked McDonald's. Ever since I was a kid I've always thought it tasted disgusting.
This discussion has been closed.