Weird/Funniest things you have seen at the Gym

Options

Replies

• LouiseH238
    LouiseH238 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    At the pool the other day an older (early 50s?) guy walked in and took a very slow walk to the shallow end of the pool. He slowly got in, then stood there at the pool wall staring really hard at the lane for a few minutes. He then set off doing breaststroke (way faster than me!*) and did one length, then got out of the pool, and walked into the sauna.

I dunno, maybe that's his cooldown or something?

*I have no room to talk, because I am really slow. Like, people passing me doing laps while I'm still on the same length. So I am sure some of them are mentally telling off the girl who swims at 1km/h.
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I worked as a lifeguard at a fitness center once. We had an adults only (18+) hot tub that was utilized by this one greasy kid who always wore a wife beater in the pool, and must have been just barely 18. Since water was involved, we had to have a lifeguard at the hot tub. One time a fellow guard came into the break room and announced that one of the beater boys (his brother came with him in similar attire, and we nicknamed them) had been caught jerking it in the hot tub. His membership was revoked.
  • Kali112
    Kali112 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i live in india and i regularly see women wearing sarees (yup) and salwar kameez with sneakers in the gym, on treadmills, bikes etc.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I started learning how to snatch last night at the gym. I'm pretty sure I was the weirdest/funniest thing to see at the gym for a lot of people.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Lady on treadmill in high heels.

OMG that made me laugh!
  • Annerk1
    Options
    We have a couple probably in their late 60's or early 70's who come in wearing high end work out gear and $200 sneakers. They walk around looking at the equipment, then each one spends about 30 seconds on the recumbent bike before they wipe themselves with their towels (they aren't sweating) and leave. It's quite bizarre.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Some of these posts make me want to join a gym just for the entertainment...:tongue:
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I worked as a lifeguard at a fitness center once. We had an adults only (18+) hot tub that was utilized by this one greasy kid who always wore a wife beater in the pool, and must have been just barely 18. Since water was involved, we had to have a lifeguard at the hot tub. One time a fellow guard came into the break room and announced that one of the beater boys (his brother came with him in similar attire, and we nicknamed them) had been caught jerking it in the hot tub. His membership was revoked.
    I assume that the hot tub has water jetting in that obscures view. How on earth did the life guard find him jerking off?

On second thought, I'm not sure I want to know.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    weirdest thing i see at the gym is the same people every morning. coming in, getting their work outs in. they come and do more than most people do before their first cup of coffee. consistently.

and then the weirdest thing??? RESULTS.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    The weirdest thing I ever saw at the gym was a bunch of people minding their own business and working out.

I didn't know you went to my gym?
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    This guy came into my gym, and started stretching in the middle of the aisle floor. He attempted to do this one stretch where he reached down towards the floor, while having one leg come up behind him. He had no balance tho, and fell over sideways..... Timber!!!! And down he went. Everyone got to see it. Never heard so many people choking back laughter.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i was doing the elliptical and when i do i really zone out. i was watching the penguins game and they scored and i let out the loudest whoooooooo.

everyone stopped and looked at me and it took about 3 seconds for it to register. i looked around and just shrugged my shoulders and said, crosby just scored
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pattya925
    pattya925 Posts: 398
    Options
    Hello, fellow Burgher! Surprised anyone even looked at you - we're all used to Pittsburgh sports fans!
    i was doing the elliptical and when i do i really zone out. i was watching the penguins game and they scored and i let out the loudest whoooooooo.

everyone stopped and looked at me and it took about 3 seconds for it to register. i looked around and just shrugged my shoulders and said, crosby just scored
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow Burgher! Surprised anyone even looked at you - we're all used to Pittsburgh sports fans!

i go to dinardos and its a fairly quite gym, so when something like that happens it scares people :)
  • pattya925
    pattya925 Posts: 398
    Options
    Lol that explains it. :)That's out in Beaver County right?? I used to work between Quip and Rochester.

i go to dinardos and its a fairly quite gym, so when something like that happens it scares people :)
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    -Me grunting like I'm having difficult sex while on the leg press at 160lbs.
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be working out right now, but can't stop reading this thread and giggling at some of it. Never saw much funny when I belonged to a gym, but there was a guy that would come in, get on the elliptical or treadmill and run and SWEAT and he stunk to high heaven! I would always dread if he was there nearby - it was hard to breath much less workout. Deodorant goes a long way!
  • Annerk1
    Options
    Not all that weird but put a smile on my face this morning--saw a guy who was in amazing shape just ROCKING along with his tunes. Head banging away between his lifts and the various machines. :)
  • xmodxgoddessx
    Options