Weird/Funniest things you have seen at the Gym

Options

Replies

• deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I saw an old man who looked like the old man from UP at the gym.

Other than that it's mostly beefy muscle heads who are kind of obnoxious
  • xmodxgoddessx
    Options
    Every time I go to the gym after work there is a guy on the treadmill who has it set at 13kph even though he clearly can't run that fast. He runs about 30 secs -1 min and then leaps his feet to the side puffing and panting for several minutes, before doing it again. I really want to tell him the treadmill has an interval program!

It's called High Intensity Interval Training, or HIIT's. Raises your heart rate and burns calories more efficiently than running or walking at a steady pace. Also cuts down on workout time. :)
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    1. During Body Combat I punched myself in the forehead.
    2. In the sauna I left a very detailed imprint of my sweaty bum on the sauna seat.

Sorry, but your first one is funny. Thanks for sharing!! :laugh:
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I worked as a lifeguard at a fitness center once. We had an adults only (18+) hot tub that was utilized by this one greasy kid who always wore a wife beater in the pool, and must have been just barely 18. Since water was involved, we had to have a lifeguard at the hot tub. One time a fellow guard came into the break room and announced that one of the beater boys (his brother came with him in similar attire, and we nicknamed them) had been caught jerking it in the hot tub. His membership was revoked.

OMG, that is so gross! What is wrong with people.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    i was doing the elliptical and when i do i really zone out. i was watching the penguins game and they scored and i let out the loudest whoooooooo.

everyone stopped and looked at me and it took about 3 seconds for it to register. i looked around and just shrugged my shoulders and said, crosby just scored

My trainer laughs at me on a regular basis because I do this ALL the time! I <3 my hockey haha
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I saw an old man who looked like the old man from UP at the gym.

Other than that it's mostly beefy muscle heads who are kind of obnoxious

There was a guy at my gym who looked very much like The Penguin from the Batman films which i just thought was very unfortunate-poor guy!

Spend all my time in the weights area so not much to tell as far as funny/weirdness goes, everyone seems very happy and smiley which is awesome.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Not all that weird but put a smile on my face this morning--saw a guy who was in amazing shape just ROCKING along with his tunes. Head banging away between his lifts and the various machines. :)

:heart: love this, brilliant!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    A very bouncy girl with spaghetti straps and big bewbs bouncing all around in what seemed to be "on purpose" moves to get them bouncing. Her moves ranged from straight walking in a bouncy way, to turning sideways and sidestepping to suddenly jumping backwards and walking backwards for awhile which would be really bouncy until she found her rythm.

I could only guess that she was using the mirrors in front of us to establish if any guys were checking her *kitten* out (which was pretty cheeky sticking out under her 70's style runner shorts with the white piping) and then she'd suddenly turn backwards or sideways to catch them in the act. Most entertaining and beautiful workout I've ever seen. She was sweating too! What a workout, she was simultaneously my jester and my hero.
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This is kind of X-rated gross so skip it if your easily offended.

The gym I use to go to always seem to have the senior ladies water aerobics about the same time I went to the gym. Which I was going on my lunch hour so I couldn't really change the time. Anyway........one day as I came into the locker room after my workout, the senior ladies were finished a little early and most were out of the shower running around naked or in varies stages of getting dressed. There was this one little old lady that looked like she must have lost a ton of weight, god bless her! Cos she had saggy skin every where. I was trying to mind my own business and get back to work, but my friend from work grabbed me and pointed out the saggy old lady. The senior lady was bent over with her naked butt to us.......the skin on her whoo-haa was so loose it looked like 2 elephant ears hanging down. I wanted to claw my eye balls out! Can we all say gross? When we were on our way out of the gym the co-worker again points the lady out, standing by the front desk. She had on stretch pants that did nothing to hide her baggy whoo-haa. Now any time I see that lady at the gym or around town I just shudder!
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow Burgher! Surprised anyone even looked at you - we're all used to Pittsburgh sports fans!
    i was doing the elliptical and when i do i really zone out. i was watching the penguins game and they scored and i let out the loudest whoooooooo.

everyone stopped and looked at me and it took about 3 seconds for it to register. i looked around and just shrugged my shoulders and said, crosby just scored

My thought exactly! (displaced 'burgher here)
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    New one from today. A guy lifting and had a GIANT booger hanging out of his nose. Finishes his set and leaves it there to whistle in and out of his nose as he breathes.

20 min later hei is stretching and cooling down. Still has a giant hanging booger, touching his lip! How do you not notice that?
  • SpazQ
    SpazQ Posts: 104
    Options
    I live in Florida.
    My gym is ON the beach.

I find the number of people walking on treadmills to be baffling. I prefer to walk run on the beach and sand will get your bum in shape very quickly. Fresh air vs. stinky gym?

I find it even more baffling the high percentage of people who utilize the tanning beds..... in Florida.

We do have the elderly....so cute.
    We have the ladies who workout in bikinis
    We have one that always wears a dress, usually a tropical pattern.
    We also have a Tazmanian devil.
    We have a group of Harley ridin' dudes that will stop in for a few Bi-cep curls and be on their way. In leather pants and clunky boots, bandanas etc. They are actually seriously nice guys. I'm pretty sure they have booze in their bottles.

For the most part though, people come and do their thing and take it very serious.
  • Romey5
    Romey5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Haha - fun thread!

The Streaker: The naked woman who runs from the shower area to the sinks, gets a bunch of paper towels and then runs back to the showers. A girl next to me at the sinks said that lady forgets her towel all the time and is always running back and forth like that. The streaker part is because her route through goes right past the open locker room door, which faces the main hallway.

The Gardener: The dude who really should have longer shorts on before doing squats.

The Manimal (aka Abdominator): Cut off shirt, loud grunts, banging weights, waxed chest. Super fit guy, really! Just a little on the noisy side.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    This is kind of X-rated gross so skip it if your easily offended.

The gym I use to go to always seem to have the senior ladies water aerobics about the same time I went to the gym. Which I was going on my lunch hour so I couldn't really change the time. Anyway........one day as I came into the locker room after my workout, the senior ladies were finished a little early and most were out of the shower running around naked or in varies stages of getting dressed. There was this one little old lady that looked like she must have lost a ton of weight, god bless her! Cos she had saggy skin every where. I was trying to mind my own business and get back to work, but my friend from work grabbed me and pointed out the saggy old lady. The senior lady was bent over with her naked butt to us.......the skin on her whoo-haa was so loose it looked like 2 elephant ears hanging down. I wanted to claw my eye balls out! Can we all say gross? When we were on our way out of the gym the co-worker again points the lady out, standing by the front desk. She had on stretch pants that did nothing to hide her baggy whoo-haa. Now any time I see that lady at the gym or around town I just shudder!

You are mean. Don't you realize the effect of this kind of stories to us men? I so wish they invented mind bleach...
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I occasionally see a guy running on the elliptical ma hine wearing a gas mask.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I occasionally see a guy running on the elliptical ma hine wearing a gas mask.
    Understandable. Gyms can smell bad, especially if they're busy. :laugh:
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    The gyms I've been to are mostly pretty boring. Only weird experience I recall is a conversation another lady started with me in the pool. She seemed normal enough until she started telling me how she almost prevented 9/11 by calling the police on a suspicious looking Middle Eastern guy who came through her line while working as a cashier. She says they wouldn't do anything, and shortly thereafter 9/11 happened and she recognized him as one of the terrorists. Kinda doubt it, but whatever.
  • sherrifoster123
    sherrifoster123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Four words:

old man ball sack

Enough said.
  • caribear1984
    caribear1984 Posts: 203
    Options
    1. During Body Combat I punched myself in the forehead.

You are not alone. I have punched myself in the face twice now doing uppercuts with the strength ropes. My trainer is kind enough to pretend not to notice.