Pregnancy 2010 - August

Replies

• It's my Due Date month!! :bigsmile:

Shoppingqueen- I can't believe how quickly the time has come for you, I am sure it felt slow at times.

Weigh in SW 164 (pre-pregnancy)
    CW 168.9 (its still fluctuating)

I think it depends on how much protein I have been having that make my body yo yo with weight loss and gain.
    Officially done with summer school and I plan on tracking a lot more this month as well as getting back to some exercise.

Has anyone pregnant looked into car seats yet? Or know of a good one. I wont find out the sex of the baby until the end of the month but I know of all the things that are important I will need that the most.

For all the TTC girls good luck this month.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    we bought a travel system and when we did research in consumer report the Chicco Cortina was amongst the highest Rated. That is the one we purchased, but I can't remember what other brands were listed.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Shoppingqueen - you look amazing! Congrats - I'm so excited for you.

I am so excited for ALL of you!

Feel free to come over and join us whenever you want to share some wisdom - the TTC board is proving to be full of awesome ladies just like you!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/107503-fit-for-future-families?page=9
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    actually it's not u a myth, there's a lot of research that has been put into it. Boy sperm are smaller and fast and tend to reach the uterus first (but die faster than girl sperm) so if the women hasn't ovulated yet the sperm tend to die off before they can fertilize it. Girl sperm are larger (and live longer) and thus take longer to reach the egg. It's not a 100% method, but research has proven that it's true

Everything I have read from medical experts is that there is no way to influence gender. Can you site this research? I would be interested in reading it.

The official stance is that you can't influence the baby's sex! However anecdotal myths say that you can--I believe in the short lived male sperm version, it makes sense and it works so far for me. My first one we were every-other day, my second it was the luck of the draw. First was girl, second boy. Just interesting.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    I'm so excited for you ladies! You are all doing so well. ShoppingQueen you look amazing and I can’t wait to see pictures of the sweet pea!

Thanks for the support and guidance.

Checking in: Down .8 lbs this week. Baby steps.... 10.2 left to go.
    Still not preventing but not offically TTC yet. I finally made a doc appointment to talk with a professional about the effects of the depo on my system. Too bad she was booked all the way to Sept 15! Ugh..:ohwell:

Hopw everyone has a great weekend! Keep up the good habits and let go of the bad ones!
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918
    What books would you recommend for those TTC? We have what to expect before expecting and that has been very helpful, but I wonder if we just aren't getting the dates right with my ovulation, though I know when I'm ovulating. The more literature the better. We have decided that it isn't a must thing right now. It's going to happen when it happens and that's that! :happy:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Ok everyone this is the book I've been talking about " Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by toni Weschler, MPH. It's AMAZING and talks you through everything. Based on this method we got pregnant our first month and have a couple friends who used this method as well. HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it. :-)
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Ok everyone this is the book I've been talking about " Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by toni Weschler, MPH. It's AMAZING and talks you through everything. Based on this method we got pregnant our first month and have a couple friends who used this method as well. HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it. :-)

I will have to check that out! I have been reading a book I just got the otehr day called Garden of Fertility, not sure who it is by....did anyone read that?
  • debnu1
    I have found food I can eat! Corn flakes and macaroni and cheese. So much for healthy, but the bland sure makes a difference!! :tongue:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    I have found food I can eat! Corn flakes and macaroni and cheese. So much for healthy, but the bland sure makes a difference!! :tongue:

That's awesome, sorry it's not healthy but at least you feel better. My nausea goes away when i eat but comes back about 10 minutes after i've finished eating. it's like I'm on a boat ride all day.

dev093pr___.png
  • dmdaigle17

Thanks! I will def. check it out :)
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Ok ladies,.........I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT....... I'm Pregnant!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

I've been dying to tell you all but we've been waiting until it was the right time to tell everyone! We went to my family's house this weekend and told everyone, it was so exciting!!! I will be due in April. I'm 5 weeks right now. I haven't made an appt. with a doctor yet because I have to find one here that I like. Hopefully this week I can do that. Get ready for a lot of questions!!!! :laugh:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Ok ladies,.........I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT....... I'm Pregnant!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

I've been dying to tell you all but we've been waiting until it was the right time to tell everyone! We went to my family's house this weekend and told everyone, it was so exciting!!! I will be due in April. I'm 5 weeks right now. I haven't made an appt. with a doctor yet because I have to find one here that I like. Hopefully this week I can do that. Get ready for a lot of questions!!!! :laugh:

Congratulations :flowerforyou: I'm not much further along than you. It seems to go super slow when you find out early. Enjoy this.
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    mwilson- That's great news!

shopping queen - yey!!!!

Today I feel really BIG! and she hasn't stop moving :)
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member

Congratulations. I am so happy for you!!!!!!
  • debnu1

That's awesome, sorry it's not healthy but at least you feel better. My nausea goes away when i eat but comes back about 10 minutes after i've finished eating. it's like I'm on a boat ride all day.

dev093pr___.png

The boat ride is rather annoying isn't it. Yesterday I had the best day yet. I was also up and moving all day--wore myself out. Today I am paying for it! If the nausea wasn't so reassuring it would be really irritating. I start to worry when I don't feel as sick...:sick: :bigsmile: :tongue:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member

Congratulations!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • dmdaigle17

So happy for you :) I wish you nothing but a healthy and happy pregnancy :flowerforyou:
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Thank you all so much!!!!
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    So I have been slowly weaning myself off coffee so I don't have a huge headache...I've always drank half caf. but I've really cut down on how much I've had...yesterday I threw up all my coffee...thought I'd have a cup today. Stayed for a while. I actually felt good...then it all came back up again. I think i'm done with coffee! Thank you baby for making sure I stop feeding you caffeine! Sorry I waited so long!

Bummer news this morning....my first apt was today but my doctor is not going to be in. I could be angry and made but I'm not going to be because usually there's a pretty important reason why a doctor won't be in. She has twin babies so I hope they are ok. I rescheduled for wed at 3:30. Unfortunately my husband may not be able to get off early to make it.

I can't figure out how to add the baby ticker! Can someone tell me?