Fess Up Dog Lovers

Options

Replies

• Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a little doggie love :heart: But sometimes I have to wash my face afterwards.

I tell you what (Hank Hill voice), I'd much rather put up with a little dog slobber than let a snot-nosed little child come anywhere NEAR me when they're dirty, drooly and seven kinds of sticky.

Dogs > children!!
  • mnwelch
    mnwelch Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    No. Never. But I know people who do, and it almost gags me. They aren't your children - they're animals.

My pets are my children and they know how to give kisses on command.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    A little dog spit never killed anyone! My 3 gi-normous dogs get me every day.

:flowerforyou:
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    No. Never. But I know people who do, and it almost gags me. They aren't your children - they're animals.

Children get just as dirty, if not dirtier, than animals do! :tongue:
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    I let mine all the time but I also brush their teeth and give them dentastix....love my babies!
    Options
    Guilty and I have ZERO shame!

:flowerforyou:
    Options

My pets are my children and they know how to give kisses on command.

same here......I have six babies and the all kiss me. I'm still living and rarely sick. :flowerforyou:
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Dogs, being pack animals, lick the face of the alpha to show submission to him or her. A dog licking your face is him or her acknowledging your alpha role.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Human mouths carry many more different kinds of germs. Yes, animals lick unsavory parts but they don't carry as many infectious and communicable diseases. How many of you have NOT kissed someone who was sick or had a cold not to mention variant kinds of sex with humans. If a puppy doesn't give kissies, I won't take it.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    You guys are pansies. Dogs mouths are no worse than any human, but you have no problem sticking your tongue down your partners throat. My dog licks my face all the time.

I saw an TV episode that collected saliva from dogs and humans, and after some time in a Petri dish, they confirmed that the bacteria profile weren't that different.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    You guys are pansies. Dogs mouths are no worse than any human, but you have no problem sticking your tongue down your partners throat. My dog licks my face all the time.

I saw an TV episode that collected saliva from dogs and humans, and after some time in a Petri dish, they confirmed that the bacteria profile weren't that different.

I have yet to see a human lick their own butt. Just sayin...That would be impressive if they were able to however.
    Options

I smear peanut butter all over my face and let them lick it off because they're my BABIES!

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    No. When my german shepherd was still alive I heard her drinking from the toilet. It was the middle of the night and I was asleep, but I still heard her lapping. Unfortunately by bedroom door was slightly ajar and she walked in and kissed my face, with toilet water dripping onto me from her muzzle. I was instantly wide awake and yelling, and thankfully, only woke up my husband.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Dogs, being pack animals, lick the face of the alpha to show submission to him or her. A dog licking your face is him or her acknowledging your alpha role.

Are you sure. Cuz, mine acts like she thinks she's the alpha. But, then I tell her to sit down and eventually she does.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    umm, hi.

ScreenShot2013-05-29at20642PM_zpsd1de5172.png
  • slendercurves
    slendercurves Posts: 49 Member
    Options

If your kids lick your face, they ARE animals.
  • cheesehead3
    cheesehead3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Which of you let your dogs kiss your face like this?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm_74JCFqv7UisJI6K201EsbTXs0ziiPReYh1FVTAiHgjk8KjqAg

I share my ice water after a run or when outside playing and of course I let the smallest member of my pack show his affection in every way he knows how, and I give it right back.
  • misskate1987
    Options
    I let her lick under my chin - it's something she's done ever since she was a pup.

ETA: This partly because I have also heard that it's a sign of respect from a dog - as someone else mentioned, it's a sign that they acknowledge you as leader of the pack.

Sometimes she catches me off guard and gets my mouth. It's kinda gross. But I figure we're in contact with so many disgusting germs all day every day that if I'm gonna get sick, I'd rather get sick from my dog - not that she's ever made me sick.
  • misskate1987
    Options
    Which of you let your dogs kiss your face like this?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm_74JCFqv7UisJI6K201EsbTXs0ziiPReYh1FVTAiHgjk8KjqAg

Also, this beautiful canine bears a striking resemblance to my girl. I like it!
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

I smear peanut butter all over my face and let them lick it off because they're my BABIES!

I saw a video of this nature. Woman spread PB on her body then went to a dog park. She was quite popular.