30 Day Shred...yes another one

Options

Replies

• aprilpd01
    aprilpd01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love this workout and am glad to have found this forum. I just completed Day 6 of Level 2 today, I can feel a lot of improvement since I started! I am a runner and thought I was in really good shape... then I started working out with Jillian and I know I wasn't! I like how you can see improvement within each Level. I think there is a big increase in difficulty from Level 1 to Level 2, so when I began Level 2 I was doing some of the modiifcations. Now, 6 days in I am not using any modifications. I've been doing it every day, with 1 rest day in between levels and some "forced rest" for when I have work travel scheduled and do not plan to put hand weights in my suitcase!

My only criticism is that by now I know all the words by heart! Anyone else tired of "Don't phone it in?" :smile:
    Funny! I thought I was the only one. But, it does make me think about whether I"m trying my hardest. Im on day 3 level 2. Level 1 was not bad for me but 2 is killing me. If I don't do it in the morning, it won't get done. I am determined to finish this time! Way to go Pals!
  • Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing a great job. I am not moving on until I can do L1 easily. I might end up doing L1 for a couple weeks but I know when I am done I will be stronger!
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    I started 30 Day Shred on May 21. I just did Day 7 Level 1. So far, since starting my health plan on May 8th, I have lost almost 4 pounds and over four inches. I think most of the inches are because of the 30 Day Shred and also my Zumba classes on an average of 3 a week. But, I was doing the Zumba before also. I just started paying attention to calories. The 30 Day Shred is really helping. I will start Level 2 tomorrow. I am worried about it being a lot harder.

Does anyone have thoughts on difficulty of Level 2 versus Level 1?
  • ElisaGutierrez26
    Options
    Count me in! I'm starting tomorrow! We can do this !!!
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Have a question for those with devices that monitor caloric burn: do you notice as the days pass on one level your calorie burn isn't as high as it was on day one? I started at 140 and just now it was 104. It lost sync for a little but but I couldn't re sync b I had weights in my hands so idk it couldn't have been that long. Ill track again tomorrow but just curious. Thanks!
  • heather4949
    heather4949 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Day 10 Level 2 .......thank goodness I can move on.......I read on someones thread that level 3 was easier than level 2........If I don't do it first thing in the morning it takes a lot of "just go and do it now and get it over with" talking for me to do it.......but it is well worth it......and it is only 20 minutes !!!!!
  • SamiDrake
    SamiDrake Posts: 1
    Options
    What is the 30day shred?
  • pp_mcgee
    pp_mcgee Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm interested in this. Is the youtube video the same as the DVD? Also, do you just do the same video everyday for 30 days, or are the several videos for level 1?

Thanks!
  • skjsd
    skjsd Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm interested in this. Is the youtube video the same as the DVD? Also, do you just do the same video everyday for 30 days, or are the several videos for level 1?

Thanks!

The videos on youtube are the same as the DVD. There are 3 levels (each level is a separate video on youtube). Its designed so you do each level for 10 days. I personally make sure I take a rest day, especially when I know my body needs it.
  • sophsw
    sophsw Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just done day 1 today. This is my second time doing this. First time I had amazing results after I completed the 30days. Hope this time will be even better
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Have a question for those with devices that monitor caloric burn: do you notice as the days pass on one level your calorie burn isn't as high as it was on day one? I started at 140 and just now it was 104. It lost sync for a little but but I couldn't re sync b I had weights in my hands so idk it couldn't have been that long. Ill track again tomorrow but just curious. Thanks!

Are you putting in the same amount of effort each day? Are you really fit already? I use a Polar FT7 and my calorie burn is around 300 for L1. I'm still in the obese category weight wise and this is my first exercise in 2 years so I assume that's why my burn is so high.

I just completed D6L1 today. I'm still doing modified push-ups and when she jump ropes, I march in place and engage my arms as she instructs.
  • CherylP67
    Options
    Anyone done the Shred with a broken toe? I am nervous for tomorrow (today was a rest day) because I hurt my big toe badly last night. I have done 5 days so far and I do not want to stop but I am so nervous for the pain I am about to potentially be in. I know there are other things I can do but I really want to do the Shred. Any advice?

No broken toe here, but I do have pain in my great toe from trying to run and not using the proper technique. I do modified push ups and march in place instead of the jump rope. The butt kicks don't bother my toe. Maybe you could try it and modify if you feel pain. I'm no doctor, ultimately, you have to do what's right for you.
  • Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Anyone done the Shred with a broken toe? I am nervous for tomorrow (today was a rest day) because I hurt my big toe badly last night. I have done 5 days so far and I do not want to stop but I am so nervous for the pain I am about to potentially be in. I know there are other things I can do but I really want to do the Shred. Any advice?

No broken toe here, but I do have pain in my great toe from trying to run and not using the proper technique. I do modified push ups and march in place instead of the jump rope. The butt kicks don't bother my toe. Maybe you could try it and modify if you feel pain. I'm no doctor, ultimately, you have to do what's right for you.

Thanks! I really need to get back on it. I cannot even walk very far without it hurting so I know the jumping jacks would kill my foot. I hate this because I was so excited to be working out and was starting to see some results! I will probably just rest until Monday and then start fresh with level one. My foot should be better by then right?!
  • KimMc60
    KimMc60 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started this a few days ago and I was wondering how often are you supposed to take rest days? Yesterday was day 2 and my thighs are so sore, I don't think I can do it today.
  • heather4949
    Options
    Have just completed Day 11 - Level 3........was really, really pleasantly surprise with the next stage.....we were doing a lot of jumping in the air and a lot of squats........I loved it, and thought it was easier than level 2 but 2 hours later.......my legs are soooo sore and it is hard to walk......so it must be good and hard.....will let you know how I go tomorrow.....am getting comments from friends.....hey, have you lost weight !!!!!!
  • CherylP67
    Options
    Hi, I just started this a few days ago and I was wondering how often are you supposed to take rest days? Yesterday was day 2 and my thighs are so sore, I don't think I can do it today.

Until this point, I took 3 rest days a week. I work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week and I am unable to do this workout and have the stamina to work too. I just finished D7L1 today and feel more fit and not as drained afterward. I may try to do it tomorrow before work and see how I feel.
  • heather4949
    Options
    Day 12 level 3.........ached all night.....especially my shoulders and arms and legs in fact all of me......but did it again today.....bring on tomorrow......
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    snowboardandasuitcase Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I just started today, but I found it incredibly easy and not difficult at all. Everyone that I've spoken to who has done it before said they were dying after day 1 but I feel fine. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong? I feel like I did all the exercises properly...
    Prior to this I did however do just a little bit over a week of insanity, which was INSANE and I felt like my fitness level wasn't high enough for it/ I dreaded it every day. Anyway do you think that would be the reason for me finding 30DS not as difficult as others that I know?

I'd recommend giving it a try for a cpl days in a row, making sure you're getting as low as possible on the leg workouts, and you could try increasing the weights you're using for the arms.

If you still don't feel anything, maybe move on to level 2? level 3? Or maybe this just isn't the workout series for you!

Good luck!
    :)
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    Options
    I'm on day 7, level 1. I weigh myself this morning but I did not lost any weight by the scale. Is it possible to feel more tight and toned in my tummy area after 7 days? For me, the biggest problem is eating right. When I go to work and get hungry, I eat whatever comes in my hands (we have kitchen @work)... peanuts, cookies, sandwich, pasta...

How so you deal with work hunger games ?:)

Try bringing healthy snacks from home. For example, you could bring apple slices for a tasty, crunchy snack. Veggies with hummus, or your fav low cal/fat dressing is a good option too. You could also make sandwiches or wraps at home, so you know exactly what's in them, and you can avoid the pits in the staff kitchen!
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    Options

Thanks! I really need to get back on it. I cannot even walk very far without it hurting so I know the jumping jacks would kill my foot. I hate this because I was so excited to be working out and was starting to see some results! I will probably just rest until Monday and then start fresh with level one. My foot should be better by then right?!

I recommend just doing it, and try substituting punches for other cardio. Make sure you're not over-thinking the pain (making it worse in your head) to avoid the workouts!

Only you know how painful it really is, and what you're capable of. Don't get discouraged. If you can do it, do it. If not, take a cpl days and GET RIGHT BACK TO IT! Don't give up on us!! We're rooting for you!!