what do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs - the perfect protein.

And when I'm tired of eggs, I have fried eggs.

When i can't stand anymore eggs, I have someone else cook the eggs because they always taste a little different.

My cholesterol is in the normal range and better than it's ever been. :)

:love: :flowerforyou:
  • lilteepot
    lilteepot Posts: 97
    Options
    Simple fridge oats. No cooking. Toss in a small ball jar or lidded container the night before. Get out in the morning and grab a spoon.

1/2 c. old fashioned rolled oats
    1/2 c. almond milk (or dairy, soy, water, whatever you prefer)
    additions of choice
    pinch or two of cinnamon and a small handful of raisins, or
    pinch or two of cocoa and half a ripe banana chopped up, or
    fresh raspberries or strawberries, or
    walnuts and maple syrup... whatever...

Easy to add in crushed flax seed or chia seeds for omega3's without changing the taste.
  • mike667grace
    Options
    Kashi Berry Blossoms or Kashi Blackberry Hills or Life Cinnamon or Peanut Butter Toast Crunch or Malt0-O-Meal (rarely) with Almond Milk. I'm broke and stuck with 2% til friday, but that's my usual.

I'm cutting the last two out and searching for comparable organics. I'm not letting Monsanto (who is now putting HUMAN DNA in rice In The Open Fields of Kentucky!!!) and their Frankenstein food into my system if i can help it.
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My new "usual" (for about a month now) is Greek yogurt, granola, and fruit, plus OJ and/or milk. Not every day though; I switch it up with other types of cereal, a Toaster Streudel, or fruit smoothie. But I have the yogurt/granola/fruit about 4 times a week. I love it!
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I generally eat a 1oz package of salted peanuts and a banana. Sometimes a low fat English muffin with light butter and some fruit.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Chobani pomegrante 0% fat greek yogurt with 1/8 cup Kashi Go Lean and coffee. The protein in the greek yogurt keeps me full for hours.
  • caitypants86
    caitypants86 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I have a shake with Vega French Vanilla Nutritional shake mix (1 scoop), 1 cup of frozen fruit (usually wild bluberries because I LOVE them), and 1 cup of unsweetened almond or coconut milk. I usually take this with me in the car on my way to work, which is around 7am or so. Once I'm at work, I normally start feeling hungry again at around 10:30 or 11 so I'll have an apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter, and then lunch at around 1:30. I find the combination of a smoothie and fruit/protein really works well for me - the smoothie gets me going and makes me feel energized, however it's not super filling - that's where the apple & peanut butter comes into play.
  • nsaglian
    nsaglian Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am following a low carb regime so:

During the work week Atkins Breakfast Bars (2)
    Weekends - Two to Three Eggs, with Ham or Sausage, sometime with pepper strips, sometimes in low carb wraps.
    Or Bobs Red Mill High Fiber Cereal, and/or Oatmeal, with added Flax or Chia seeds.

Seems to work well for me. :happy:
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Fruit - cantaloupe or watermelon. Or Cheerios with FF milk and a banana
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I usually only drink a cup of organic coffee and nothing else. I KNOW this cannot be helping my weightless progress. I want to start eating breakfast!
    I would love some wholesome and tasty ideas(:

Why would eating more help your weight loss? Are you currently eating too little? Do you tend to pig out at lunch because you skip breakfast?

The possibilities for a tasty nutritious breakfast are endless - toast w/ peanut butter, veggie omelette, any high fiber low sugar cereal, leftovers from your healthy dinner, oats, barley or other porridge, whole grain pancakes or waffles w/ fruit and/or peanut butter and/or a little maple syrup, breakfast burrito, ...
  • anyamb
    anyamb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have about four "go-to" breakfasts right now that I cycle through:

1.) Smoothie. Right now that usually means: banana; peanut butter; plain yogurt; handful of spinach; ground flaw seed; wheat germ; splash of milk.

2.) Homemade frozen breakfast burritos - egg; black beans; salsa; cheddar; flour tortilla.

3.) Hardboiled egg or scrambled egg with slice of whole wheat toast and avocado drizzled with lemon juice and sprinkled with salt OR with a (homemade) Banana-Bran Muffin.

4.) Steel-cut oats made with toasted oats, milk, and chopped dates. (When it's colder out.)

Always with a cup of tea.
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I try to have oatmeal a few times a week with a yogurt tossed in for flavor and it's surprisingly good :) Otherwise, I usually have a slice of homemade white toast with peanut butter and a banana.... Cut totally down on coffee and switched to green tea :)
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    Options
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/mini_mushroom_sausage_quiches.html

these are amazingly easy to make ahead, and are a great way to get in low fat protein. You can keep the egg/milk mixture and add WHATEVER YOU WANT to make it interesting.

This morning I made a sandwich with one quiche, english muffin, and a slice of cheese and bacon. Much better than McD's!
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Nothing. IF for me!
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    For me, multigrain cheerios are best! When I started my "journey" almost 2 months ago I ate fruit and yogurt every morning for almost 3 weeks and stayed under 1600 calories every day. Did not lose an ounce!! Then I thought about the last time I lost weight and realized that I was eating 2 cups of multigrain cheerios with skim milk every morning then. Went back to that, and BAM, weight loss. Maybe the grains are what does it? I don't know. I just know it works for me :)
  • CDeRuyter
    CDeRuyter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    12 oz of a protein shake containing: low cal juice, almond milk, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, peaches or pinapple (strained), whey protein powder, greek yogurt and spinach.

In the master batch, I put 8 oz of each (spinach 4 - 8) into the blender and mix. In the morning, I will give it a quick blend and pour. It will usually supply me with about 4 days of breakfast w/o much thinking.

"Usually" it carries me to my late morning snack.
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    A make a oatmeal flour pancake topped with a peanut butter, honey and cinnamon concoction.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    A smoothie including 1 cup almond milk, 1 frozen banana, 2 handfuls spinach, 1 1/2 tbsp. hemp seed & berries of some kind .
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Cheerios
    A banana on top of the Cheerios
    1/2 percent milk
  • 1duffwf
    1duffwf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    2 pieces of turkey bacon + 2 eggs/2 egg whites scrambled together + 1 cup unsweetened almond milk = a great tasting, protein packed breakfast that keeps me full for hours...for under 300 calories.