Ewww... What's the worst thing you've eaten..?

Options

Replies

• chileheadmike
    chileheadmike Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love okra. I'm growing it in the garden this year for the 1st time. I make it Indian style, with nice aromatic spices and tomatoes, cooked til the okra is still crunchy. Southern style okra and tomatoes is great too.

Pick the pods while they are still pretty small, otherwise they get tough as wood.

I've tried Natto, terrible stuff.

My Peruvian friends say to always get head on cuy in Lima to make sure it isn't rat.

I love some jellyfish salad. Great stuff.
  • maddykins70
    maddykins70 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    grapefruit eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    It's a tie!

Escargot is TERRIBLE. Tried it on a cruise and nearly barfed.
    I'm not a fan of calamari/full, purple baby squid either.

Eel is iffy. If it's prepared properly, I'll eat it. :)
  • kiern18
    kiern18 Posts: 61
    Options
    I tried to make the "cauliflower pizza dough"... Steamed cauliflower with egg and seasoning spread thin and baked into a pizza crust. Sounds like a great idea right?! DISCUSTING! I like cauliflower so you would assume I could choke it down, no such luck! it went to the trash. I guess it is a good diet food though because I didn't have an appetite for anything else! :tongue:

Oh my god, I tried this recipe too! It's awful! Just terrible. Yuck.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Worst thing I have ever eaten is Muktuk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muktuk). I grew up in the high north, and worked at a place where Muktuk was a snack for the residents. The ladies would giggle and tell me I needed to put ketchup on it. I told them that anything that requires ketchup to taste better is even worse. I can't even stand the smell of it.

I have tried many, many different foods and generally won't balk at anything that is part of the culture to eat. Food is food.

Second worse thing I have ever eaten... cooked turnips. They are just wrong on so many levels.

I'm not a fan of filtration organs either.
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Costcos pure protein bars, they are the most awful tasting,…buyer beware YUK! All 3 flavours are nasty!
  • PepperWorm
    Options
    The 2-day fast mix from Beachbody. Tasted like fishy vanilla poop. That's what I get for trying stupid crap though.

I'm dying. :laugh: :sad: :laugh:
  • Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    A deer heart still warm right out of the rib cage. Honestly it was not bad
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options

Hearts are tasty. Kidneys and livers are not.

Tongues are curiously tasteless.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

Well now, that really depends on the sides, too, doesn't it? What if you served it with some fava beans and a nice chianti?
  • PepperWorm
    Options
    Thought of another one.

One of my Dad's long-time girlfriend ages ago made us what she affectionately called 'poo on a shingle.' It was bread swimming in milk, butter and sugar. Sounds good, right? NO. It was always slimy and cold and just awful. We had to choke it down or not eat. :(

Cream of wheat and grits are nasty. The consistency is like vomit and there's just no taste to it. I like oatmeal/quinoa though!
  • PepperWorm
    Options

Well now, that really depends on the sides, too, doesn't it? What if you served it with some fava beans and a nice chianti?

Thththththththth!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    In an effort to try and hit my macronutrient numbers I had a peanut butter and chunk light tuna on wheat.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It's a tie!

ive had bbq eel before it was really good.....escargot has always sounded gross
  • chileheadmike
    chileheadmike Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It's a tie!

I love escargot. It's an excuse to eat butter and garlic.
  • Julettashane
    Options
    Thought of another one.

One of my Dad's long-time girlfriend ages ago made us what she affectionately called 'poo on a shingle.' It was bread swimming in milk, butter and sugar. Sounds good, right? NO. It was always slimy and cold and just awful. We had to choke it down or not eat. :(

Cream of wheat and grits are nasty. The consistency is like vomit and there's just no taste to it. I like oatmeal/quinoa though!

the poo on a shingle i make is chipped beef or bacon fried up then i make white gravy like you would for biscuits and put it on toast its good

the meat and gravy of course are mixed together at the end then put on toast i add a little salt and pepper also
  • Julettashane
    Options
    It's a tie!

I love escargot. It's an excuse to eat butter and garlic.

i said escargot sounds gross but in reality i will try it if given a chance i will try anything really
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I tried to make the "cauliflower pizza dough"... Steamed cauliflower with egg and seasoning spread thin and baked into a pizza crust. Sounds like a great idea right?! DISCUSTING! I like cauliflower so you would assume I could choke it down, no such luck! it went to the trash. I guess it is a good diet food though because I didn't have an appetite for anything else! :tongue:

THIS
    nasty.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I would say that the worst thing that I had ever eaten is any of the menu items at Mc Donalds... No offense to anyone on MFP who is a fast food fan...

I almost died because I used to eat that junk... The best thing that I have heard about Mc Donalds is that they have had significant loss of sales for the past year... I had been so glad that I heard that... I look forward to the eventual demise of Mc Donalds...
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    spirulina !