Ewww... What's the worst thing you've eaten..?

Options

Replies

• Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    omgsh ok i thought of something.....this recipe i found i thought hey this sounds easy and good you take cheesy hamburger helper use chicken instead then cut up uncooked biscuits and drop them in until fully cooked then mix up and eat.............omgsh it was so gross
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Absolute worst: a tie between fried brains and raw sea urchin. Both have a custardy-mushy texture ... the sea urchin adds a fishy-iodiney flavor to the mix.

We had snails and various other organ meats when I was growing up, as well as blood sausage ... none of 'em were as gross to me as sea urchin or brains.

BTW, my grandmother made an excellent Sicilian sauce for the snails: vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and mint. I liked the sauce a lot better than the snails, actually.

We had chipped beef on toast fairly often when I was a kid ... my dad said they called it S.O.S. in the army in WW2. I suspect it would be too salty for me as an adult.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    greek yogurt. it tastes like rotten feet...and yes i have tried many brands, flavors, add ins.
  • sapphies
    sapphies Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    a flourless, sugarfee chocolate cake. from a recipe I got from Whole Foods. It was like eating chalk.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    Absolute worst: a tie between fried brains and raw sea urchin. Both have a custardy-mushy texture ... the sea urchin adds a fishy-iodiney flavor to the mix.

i adore sea urchin. so yummy! though i completely understand not liking it.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Thought of another one.

One of my Dad's long-time girlfriend ages ago made us what she affectionately called 'poo on a shingle.' It was bread swimming in milk, butter and sugar. Sounds good, right? NO. It was always slimy and cold and just awful. We had to choke it down or not eat. :(

Cream of wheat and grits are nasty. The consistency is like vomit and there's just no taste to it. I like oatmeal/quinoa though!

the poo on a shingle i make is chipped beef or bacon fried up then i make white gravy like you would for biscuits and put it on toast its good

the meat and gravy of course are mixed together at the end then put on toast i add a little salt and pepper also

See, that's like a southern staple here! LOVE biscuits and gravy. On toast, ehh, not the same.

To the poster that mentioned BBQ eel, interesting!! I've had it teriyaki-style as sushimi, and raw (I think) in what was called a 'sexy roll.' I didn't find it very sexy!
  • mayeast
    mayeast Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Spinach - I know it is supposed to be good for you but YUK
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I would say that the worst thing that I had ever eaten is any of the menu items at Mc Donalds... No offense to anyone on MFP who is a fast food fan...

I almost died because I used to eat that junk... The best thing that I have heard about Mc Donalds is that they have had significant loss of sales for the past year... I had been so glad that I heard that... I look forward to the eventual demise of Mc Donalds...

I second the McD's grossout. I will drink their coffee, though.

The worst thing I've ever eaten? The shrimp dish I had in a Chinese restaurant in the Guatemala mountains.... it gave me horrible food poisoning. The shrimp of the world are safe now. I will never eat one again.
  • Heidi_11913
    Heidi_11913 Posts: 54
    Options
    shirataki noodies..................... smells like dead fish! bARF
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Thought of another one.

One of my Dad's long-time girlfriend ages ago made us what she affectionately called 'poo on a shingle.' It was bread swimming in milk, butter and sugar. Sounds good, right? NO. It was always slimy and cold and just awful. We had to choke it down or not eat. :(

Cream of wheat and grits are nasty. The consistency is like vomit and there's just no taste to it. I like oatmeal/quinoa though!

the poo on a shingle i make is chipped beef or bacon fried up then i make white gravy like you would for biscuits and put it on toast its good

the meat and gravy of course are mixed together at the end then put on toast i add a little salt and pepper also

See, that's like a southern staple here! LOVE biscuits and gravy. On toast, ehh, not the same.

To the poster that mentioned BBQ eel, interesting!! I've had it teriyaki-style as sushimi, and raw (I think) in what was called a 'sexy roll.' I didn't find it very sexy!

yup i am a southerner so i love really anything in gravy buti actually like the poo on shingles the bbq eel i had was at a sushi place it was good id eat it again....raw idk about id try it though lol
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I would say that the worst thing that I had ever eaten is any of the menu items at Mc Donalds... No offense to anyone on MFP who is a fast food fan...

I almost died because I used to eat that junk... The best thing that I have heard about Mc Donalds is that they have had significant loss of sales for the past year... I had been so glad that I heard that... I look forward to the eventual demise of Mc Donalds...

I second the McD's grossout. I will drink their coffee, though.

The worst thing I've ever eaten? The shrimp dish I had in a Chinese restaurant in the Guatemala mountains.... it gave me horrible food poisoning. The shrimp of the world are safe now. I will never eat one again.

Awww. :( I love shrimp, but I understand completely.

I was obsessed with mint chocolate chip ice cream. At a friend's b-day party, I binged and ate like...half of her carton (plus a bunch of other stuff). Spent all night barfing it up and lost the taste for it.
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Chia seed "pudding," AKA tadpole eggs.
    And those nasty tapioca balls in bubble tea.
    Durian. Smelled like sewage, methane and socks. Tasted like vanilla pudding. But. The. Smell. Oof.
    Chopped liver.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Chorizo = Mexican head cheese.

It was great with nachos and queso blanco. But then...
    yzHMmmP.jpg
  • chileheadmike
    chileheadmike Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love a good Mexican chorizo. The cheap ones are made with lymph nodes, I made the mistake of buying the cheap stuff once. Yuck.
  • kaypee65
    kaypee65 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bacon poutine. French fries topped with pepperjack cheese, bacon and bacon cream gravy. Amazing!!!! Why is that the worst? Becauce I'll be eating a bland steamed something and thinking, "If only I could have bacon poutine, my taste buds would be so happy." I'm ruined forever for healhty food.

My second choice. One day my ex husband made hamburgers. He didn't know the difference between a clove of garlic and a head of garlic. As much as I like garlic this was just plain ghastly.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian Hotdogs. YUCK!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Licorice :sick:
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Sea Urchin at a sushi restaurant. It tasted like I took a header into a tidal pool at the beach and got a mouthful of slimy sand.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I tried a recipe from here for amazingly light carrot muffins.

that poor carrot.

they were so sweet they nearly sucked my eyeballs from my head, and despite double the allotted time in the oven they never cooked in the middle, just formed crispy caps atop an oozy centre.

what made me laugh was that I reported the fail back on the thread, complete with a photo of their final resting place - everyone else was saying 'ooh, sounds delicious, must try' and I felt it was my duty to warn the public, and the person who had posted the recipe immediately started a new thread with the same recipe so that people wouldn't see the bad press! I was like 'don't turn your back on me, the people have a right to know!'
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I love a good Mexican chorizo. The cheap ones are made with lymph nodes, I made the mistake of buying the cheap stuff once. Yuck.

I did too. It cooks down into a pool of salty grease. Pretty much inedible.